Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitmer proposes funds to ban guns from the Michigan Capitol
Whitmer proposes funds to ban guns from the Michigan Capitol

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l...115468852/
Why do firearms belong in a legislative chamber? It makes about as much sense to put feces into your favorite culinary creation... except that feces is more offensive than dangerous.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Kings live in large castles, eat well, have armies to protect them, and tax the serfs.

What benefits does the government give you?

If you lived in a free country, you can decide if going outside is worth the risk. In a police state, the government tells you what to do.

http://f2bbs.com/bbs
(02-15-2021, 07:38 PM)random3 Wrote: What benefits does the government give you?

If you lived in a free country, you can decide if going outside is worth the risk. In a police state, the government tells you what to do.

I am in a decent blue state.  My income was from government contracting.  The environment I live in is good.  I can go outside without risk.  The government has not told me what to do.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Americans say the US is dangerous because the NRA supports gun rights, but maybe the real threat is the ruling class who wants to ban guns so that the elites can fill their private prisons.
(02-16-2021, 06:52 AM)random3 Wrote: Americans say the US is dangerous because the NRA supports gun rights, but maybe the real threat is the ruling class who wants to ban guns so that the elites can fill their private prisons.

Did you know Ronald Reagan signed the Mulfird Act to disarm the Panthers?

The capitalists are basically fine with armed conservatives, though they will chip at these rights as well. They absolutely do not want armed Marxists or revolutionaries.
Americans scream that the successful must be executed, but where would humanity be now without Socrates, Galileo, Isaac Newton, Michelangelo, Columbus, Darwin, Ben Franklin, Rockefeller, Henry Ford, and Steve Jobs?

One problem today is that everyone thinks that they are exempt from tyranny and freedom doesn't benefit them. Nazis think that only Communists will be arrested and Communists believe only Fascists go to jail.

Do you honestly believe that white people are never arrested?

The elites think that they are above the law, but billionaires get arrested, too. The NSA doesn't wiretap the ruling class?

One problem with the police state is that tyranny continues until there is only a dictator and even he is at risk of being toppled.

Letting 100 criminals go free is better that killing one innocent man.

Live and let live.

The US is rapidly heading to a very dark place.

The elites obviously wants the 99% dead. The ruling powers promote wars, debt, tyranny, abortion, immorality, regulations, trade wars, welfare, suicide, offshoring, illegal immigration, and want Americans to be herded into the cities so the elites can then cut off the food supply.

Not only do the ruling powers clearly want the 99% dead, Americans only care about drugs, alcohol, bread and circuses, sex, music, movies, sports, and celebrities instead of resisting or protesting.

When your country is about to self-destruct, the most logical response for any thinking person is to leave. Americans urgently need to go into exile now before the US is locked down. Americans should lay low, drop out, look for a way to get a fake ID, and don't carry a mobile phone around.

Manning, Assange, and Snowden stood up and look what happened to them.

Do you really think that the US Ponzi economy won't collapse in the next 50 years?
"I hate the elites. But I love the elites!"

The American economy is always collapsing. Countermeasures are always deployed to prevent the collapse.
(02-16-2021, 06:31 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 07:38 PM)random3 Wrote: What benefits does the government give you?

I am in a decent blue state.  My income was from government contracting.  The environment I live in is good.  I can go outside without risk.  The government has not told me what to do.

H-m-m-m. You aren't arguing with a bot, but the difference is small.  I've done it too, so no shaming from me.   Big Grin
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Wow.

The problems of today could be solved by doing what the government did in the past- NOTHING.

Americans scream FEMA camps are the only solution for natural disasters, but San Francisco recovered from the 1906 earthquake without government help.

Americans insist concentration camps are the only answer to viruses, but the government did nothing about a cholera outbreak in 1832.

Americans say the only possible solutions to deal with illegal immigrants are to build a wall, have warrantless searches, DNA databases, license plate scanners, and build concentration camps, but the US used to have open borders.

Americans say the only solution to recessions is to give billion dollar bailouts to bankers who commit fraud and give welfare to the lazy, but the US recovered from the Panic of 1893 without government action.

The government starts a problem and offers a solution. Why not avoid starting a problem in the first place?

If the government starts a trade war that kills the economy and then offers bailouts, why not just avoid starting a trade war in the first place?

If the government increases the minimum wage and regulations that kill businesses and raise prices and then offers welfare, why not just reduce the minimum wage and regulations?

The government is not a holy god. The government is force.

Why not allow the free market to handle problems?

The private market and charities cannot provide disaster relief?

The free market cannot provide medical care, delivery companies, railroads, airports, schools, fire departments, private mediation, and security companies?

Do your shoes come from government shoe factories?

Can't churches teach morals?

Do you really trust the government to tell you what the truth is?

Does the government spend your money better than you do?

People don't have any personal responsibility?

Can't you move away from people you don't like?

Can't you save money to prepare for downturns?

Can't Americans boycott products with cheap prices instead of begging for a trade war that kills the economy?

Can't Americans quit low paying jobs, learn a skill, move to another city, or start a business instead of thinking a minimum wage will magically make them rich with no unintended consequences?

Is tyranny something that only affects others, but not you?

Are Americans retarded children?

Didn't tyranny kill millions of people in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, China, and Cambodia?

Think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michigan plot, October 2020 pbrower2a 51 13,094 12-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Lawmakers Send Newsom Bill That Could Ban Gas Generators chairb 0 645 10-21-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Alabama governor defends plan to use Covid-19 relief funds to build prisons chairb 0 546 10-19-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: chairb
  California to ban all new gas-powered cars by 2035 under order from Gov. Gavin Newsom girlmonday 18 4,189 03-08-2021, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Biden Reinstates Europe Travel Ban, Adds South Africa girlmonday 0 725 03-05-2021, 06:19 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Biden Would Ban And Criminalize The Most Popular Selling Centerfire Rifle newvoter 4 1,402 03-03-2021, 02:54 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Senators Grill FBI Director over Use of Geolocation Data to Track Capitol Rioters newvoter 0 657 03-02-2021, 11:21 PM
  Michigan orchard sues Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to prevent shutdown of business newvoter 2 1,078 03-01-2021, 02:36 AM
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,085 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
  U.S. Capitol insurrection was a ‘hoax,’ Michigan Senate leader says in video random3 45 9,409 02-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: random3