Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The monster Assad has escaped justice
Anyone who excuses or minimizes the monster Assad is beneath contempt. An international alliance should have supported the rebels and overthrown this regime.

Assad gets away with unspeakable torture and mass murder, thanks to Putin and to the failure of the West to oppose him. The result is that all of us are in greater danger of a tyrant doing the same thing.

60 minutes with Scott Pelley aired a more-horrific expose tonight. I guess the video will be available soon.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
So you approve of President Trump now, who wanted to take him out?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trump...ser-claims

I have to say, an international alliance to support the Islamic State against Assad, while it would have been opposing bad guys, doesn't exactly sound like supporting good guys to me.
Trump withdrew support from the rebels against Assad, which were not the Islamic State. All he did was lob a few bombs at an airport. Trump did not want to take out his fellow dictator Assad, who was supported by his buddy Putin.

If you say that an international alliance to take out Assad would have been support for the Islamic State, that shows ignorance on your part. A lot of folks were misinformed about that, not the least of whom was Tulsi Gabbard. A lot of folks are misinformed today about a lot of things. The support would have been for the Free Syrian Army, which also opposed the IS. The IS happened in Syria because the Syrian atrocities were not stopped and the civil war's anarchy in eastern Syria allowed the IS to expand and move in from Iraq with virtual impunity. Putin supported the IS by not attacking it and instead attacking the Syrian rebels against Assad; mostly civilians in hospitals. The civil war in Syria started in 2011. There was no Islamic State then; it invaded Syria in 2014.

Regrettably, it is likely too late for an alliance to attack Syria now. I don't know how the Syrian people will ever exact justice from their monster. But all civilized people should help them in any way they can.

I only wish there had been a war between Syria and The Islamic State. We could have sat back and watched them destroy each other, hopefully. But Assad encouraged and allowed them to come in so he could blame them instead of his own people.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inauguration of the movement against Trump and for Justice Eric the Green 75 35,858 02-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green