Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened to the type face?
"Eric Wrote:I know I am being a pest. I just don't think I can use this forum in this condition. It seems like you have never contacted the webmaster, either unable to unwilling to. Now you are saying I upgraded or changed something on mey end, but I did not. Suddenly the appearance changed, just recently. You say you can't fix my problem, but you haven't said that the webmaster said that. I know it's not my computer that is the problem because my phone shows the same problem. I may get an upgrade to my phone pretty soon, and I can check then.

I have not heard that windows 10 works well; it is a degrade rather than an upgrade. Microsoft browsers in the past were so heavy with ads and other requirements that it was unusable. I don't think I should risk it just to fix one forum website. When people tell me I am the only one who has a problem, it's virtually certain it's because I am the only one willing to speak up. I have asked you about making this forum more accessible and easier to use before, and I don't see that you have passed on my requests to the webmaster, or heard from him whether he can make those improvements. What is the use of having a forum that only Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 users can use? These two systems are very unpopular. Windows 10 was designed for phones. I set up the forum on facebook, and I recommend that everyone here use it.

FWIW, I sent the Webmaster an email. I'll let you know if I hear back.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
The forum required me to reset my password after I tried to post from my phone. It says I can change my password at the control panel. But in this new system, there IS no control panel.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Planned obsolescence. They make my TV too old, my phone too old, my browser too old. It is RIDICULOUS!

By the way, I try to find this forum on google, and it never comes up. Why is that? How does the webmaster expect anyone to find us? Does he even care? Does he care whether this forum exists or not?

I had to get a new password, and I lost it. So if I just go away, that may be why if I can't get my old password back.

Or it may be because my brain is too old and not working anymore.....

And I have to type a space after my replies to make Bieber lower on the screen.....

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I am using microsoft edge for this post, but still windows 7. Same lousy, inadequate new layout system. Please. Put it back how it was!
My housemate who is a computer tech says this forum website may have been hacked. That seems very likely, considering how vulnerable it is to spam.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Based on the lack of posting since the final crash, this site may be toast. I did contact the administration team about this, but nothing so far. I'll keep an eye on the site for the next week or two, then report it dead if nothing changes.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Was there a "final crash"? What happened?

I do think this site has been hacked. No one is taking care of it. I expect it to die soon.

I have seen other MyBB forums. Usually they are blue instead of red. I don't remember which ones these are. If I come across one, I might know if this is a problem with MyBB or not. There are other forums on S&H, besides this one and the facebook one I started. This one does not even come up on google. The only link to it is probably the one I put up on the wikipedia article on this theory. It is a good article, very thorough and doesn't put it down.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I consider the way it looks and covers up the control panels that this site is like something before the programming has been finished and uploaded.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M