Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De Facto Civil War Between Police and the Public?
(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: This is why I avoid large gatherings, "peaceful protests" and anywhere there can be a herd mentality come into play. I saw Bosnia first hand, large groups and "peaceful Protests" are a great way to die. The streets of America are starting to feel much like Kosovo in the mid 90s felt.

This would also be prime reason number 1 why I have a CCW and utilize it daily. If some place is a "gun free zone" I consider it might be suspect and avoid going there.

Gonna be a long hot summer. Bet ole Charlie Manson is laughing his ass off right about now, seems he's getting his "helter skelter" a few decades later than he planned.

I would take a camera to a peaceful protest and take a photo of any violent or criminal activity. Counter-protesters can be nasty. Police brutality? The cops have the right to infiltrate a peaceful protest to make sure that it is peaceful. Bring a weapon? Get busted.  Take advantage of a peaceful protest to do a smash-and-grab larceny? I might give some stills or a video to the cops. Tip over a car? That's not a First Amendment right.

We may need to show some courage. Governments can do unconscionable things, and when they do any failure of us to protest is effective consent. So what will you do if a corrupt government tries to shut down your church?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: This is why I avoid large gatherings, "peaceful protests" and anywhere there can be a herd mentality come into play. I saw Bosnia first hand, large groups and "peaceful Protests" are a great way to die. The streets of America are starting to feel much like Kosovo in the mid 90s felt.

That is not a good sign but probably to be expected in this fourth turning.  We appear to be hitting the SHTF stage of this turning.

(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: This would also be prime reason number 1 why I have a CCW and utilize it daily. If some place is a "gun free zone" I consider it might be suspect and avoid going there.

Now that is just good sense. 

(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: Gonna be a long hot summer. Bet ole Charlie Manson is laughing his ass off right about now, seems he's getting his "helter skelter" a few decades later than he planned.

Worst part is that lunatic is still alive so he will be able to enjoy the show.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
My Bible tells me anywhere a gathering of Christians meet, that is a church. it isn't the building, it lives in all of us. I can and do pray anywhere.

I saw Bosnia. I have a feeling something of the sort is coming and brewing a shtf moment here. tonight I'm worried one of my hometown kids, one I love dearly, is stuck in an airport in Atlanta trying to sleep because his flight out is tomorrow morning for his new TDY assignment. and there are riots brewing in Atlanta. So instead of him getting a clean hotel room, he's got crap chairs and bad food and no bed. The momma in me is worried.

I have about 9 or so kids I really got adopted by, they call me momma, I helped them grow up. I watched them grow up. I feed them and joked with them. I've prayed with them, for them and now I can't do a damn thing but light a candle and say my prayers for God to keep him safe tonight.

gonna be a long night. I'll not sleep much waiting on his call to say he's about to board his flight at 0730.
(07-08-2016, 11:46 PM)Danilynn Wrote: My Bible tells me anywhere a gathering of Christians meet, that is a church. it isn't the building, it lives in all of us. I can and do pray anywhere.

I saw Bosnia. I have a feeling something of the sort is coming and brewing a shtf moment here. tonight I'm worried one of my hometown kids, one I love dearly, is stuck in an airport in Atlanta trying to sleep because his flight out is tomorrow morning for his new TDY assignment. and there are riots brewing in Atlanta. So instead of him getting a clean hotel room, he's got crap chairs and bad food and no bed. The momma in me is worried.

I have about 9 or so kids I really got adopted by, they call me momma, I helped them grow up. I watched them grow up. I feed them and joked with them. I've prayed with them, for them and now I can't do a damn thing but light a candle and say my prayers for God to keep him safe tonight.

gonna be a long night. I'll not sleep much waiting on his call to say he's about to board his flight at 0730.

Enough economic stress and a government that knows no limits and acts with impunity and the results are predictable.  It looks like a major city is going to be the last place you want to be in this fourth turning.

Hope he gets out of Atlanta in time.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
me too. Long night. tomorrow morning 0730 Eastern time, flight out to his new ship in Yokuska, Japan.
(07-08-2016, 04:37 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Here's the deal, if we were stranded on an island, I think we would work together to survive. I have skills. You have skills. We are both intelligent and understand the social concept that two is better than one. We would utilize our skills and we'd most likely get along and survive. I can't say the same about Eric. I'd probably have to kill Eric or let him die in order to survive. To me, Eric would be more of a liability than asset as far as survival is concerned.

It seems strange too that you would think I have no survival skills based on my political views. Don't you think that's a stretch? Doesn't show much in the way of logical thinking to make a leap like that.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-08-2016, 11:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 08:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 04:37 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Here's the deal, if we were stranded on an island, I think we would work together to survive. I have skills. You have skills. We are both intelligent and understand the social concept that two is better than one. We would utilize our skills and we'd most likely get along and survive. I can't say the same about Eric. I'd probably have to kill Eric or let him die in order to survive. To me, Eric would be more of a liability than asset as far as survival is concerned.

I'm a fan of Survivor, but they don't kill people. They just vote them off the island. That's what we need to do. It's fine to understand that there are virtues on both sides. I don't disagree. But one side needs to win. Only then can we move on. The blue side is far more able to absorb the virtues of the red side, than vice-versa. We see that with the Clintons and Obamas, as opposed to the Bushs, Romneys, Trumps, Ryans, Gingrichs etc.

It is you who deny that two is better than one. Your side is individual self-reliance. You would not work with another; you would fight to maintain your property rights. That's your version of "intelligence." You would not be like Ethan, Erik or Yul; you would be like Russell Hantz.

"Russell Hantz is considered by many Survivor fans as the greatest and most notorious villain of all time. Some fans love him, while others have criticized his strategy. Each time he played he was extremely ruthless, manipulative and sometimes just plain mean. He’s played three times, Survivor: Samoa, Survivor: Heroes Vs Villains and Survivor: Redemption Island. The first time he ever played, he was the runner up. During Heroes Vs Villains, he developed a rivalry with fellow villain Boston Rob and was able to eliminate him from the game. He made it to the final three that time. On his third appearance, he was targeted by his tribe, who purposely lost an immunity challenge so they could eliminate him early on. He stated that his third appearance was his final, but since then, has indicated he would like to return."
http://www.therichest.com/expensive-life...-villains/

I think it's about time for the third round with the Republican villains.
I represent self reliance aka the expectation and obligation placed on oneself to carry ones own weight and ones share of the weight so others don't have too. You represent the opposite, the expectation and the demand placed upon others to carry your weight or your share of the weight for you for the sake of some liberal belief.

That's your belief, but it's just an ideological slogan. It has no bearing in the real world. The real world works through shared responsibility, not self-reliance. The latter is one virtue, but not the only virtue.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-08-2016, 11:40 PM)Galen Wrote:

That is not a good sign but probably to be expected in this fourth turning.  We appear to be hitting the SHTF stage of this turning.

America shows little tolerance for ethnic strife. People who try to create it get swatted down.

(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: This would also be prime reason number 1 why I have a CCW and utilize it daily. If some place is a "gun free zone" I consider it might be suspect and avoid going there.

Now that is just good sense.[/quote]

One gun in a gun-free zone is one too many. Peaceful protests, even if misguided, still have the protection of the First Amendment; "Second-Amendment rights" do not include the right to stifle others' exercise of their First Amendment rights. Of course it is possible to have a country awash in privately-owned firearms and have no civil liberties. Think of Hitlerland and even Stalinland.  

(07-08-2016, 08:32 PM)Danilynn Wrote: Gonna be a long hot summer. Bet ole Charlie Manson is laughing his ass off right about now, seems he's getting his "helter skelter" a few decades later than he planned.

Worst part is that lunatic is still alive so he will be able to enjoy the show.[/quote]

There is practically no constituency for a 'race war'.  The late John Allen Muhammad, who terrorized the greater Washington DC area with sniper attacks, demonstrates what happens when one tries to stir up racial fears. So does the late Joseph Paul Franklin, neo-Nazi serial killer. Both were executed for murder.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(07-08-2016, 11:20 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

This would also be prime reason number 1 why I have a CCW and utilize it daily. If some place is a "gun free zone" I consider it might be suspect and avoid going there.

Gonna be a long hot summer. Bet ole Charlie Manson is laughing his ass off right about now, seems he's getting his "helter skelter" a few decades later than he planned.

I would take a camera to a peaceful protest and take a photo of any violent or criminal activity. Counter-protesters can be nasty. Police brutality? The cops have the right to infiltrate a peaceful protest to make sure that it is peaceful. Bring a weapon? Get busted.  Take advantage of a peaceful protest to do a smash-and-grab larceny? I might give some stills or a video to the cops. Tip over a car? That's not a First Amendment right.

We may need to show some courage. Governments can do unconscionable things, and when they do any failure of us to protest is effective consent. So what will you do if a corrupt government tries to shut down your church?
To be fair, PBrower, Danilynn has dependents. I'm sure that has to factor into her risk-taking behavior.
(07-10-2016, 05:14 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Worst part is that lunatic is still alive so he will be able to enjoy the show.

It still seems unclear to me from the reports whether there was one lunatic or four. The police actually blew one of them up. If he's the shooter, then he'll have to witness his race war from above.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
My family does mitigate my risk taking behavior. So does the fact I have seen a society that disintegrated quickly up close and personal.

I do not do mob scenes. or riots. or "peaceful protests" where killing cops is seen as a good thing. Have I mentioned my dad was a cop?

cop killers are scum.

I also think all these idiots out there blocking roadways are scum. A 12 year old girl died last night in Memphis because these people blocked the interstate with her in the car she was in trying to make it to the hospital for her new heart. She died en route to the hospital because of these scum of the earth idiots, where her new heart to be was waiting for her to get there for it to be transplanted.

I hope they all get arrested and charged with anything the federal and state laws can throw at them.
(07-11-2016, 08:00 PM)Danilynn Wrote: My family does mitigate my risk taking behavior. So does the fact I have seen a society that disintegrated quickly up close and personal.

I do not do mob scenes. or riots. or "peaceful protests" where killing cops is seen as a good thing. Have I mentioned my dad was a cop?

cop killers are scum.

I also think all these idiots out there blocking roadways are scum. A 12 year old girl died last night in Memphis because these people blocked the interstate with her in the car she was in trying to make it to the hospital for her new heart. She died en route to the hospital because of these scum of the earth idiots, where her new heart to be was waiting for her to get there for it to be transplanted.

I hope they all get arrested and charged with anything the federal and state laws can throw at them.

Cop killers are scum, yes...however:

The heartbreaking tale of a young heart transplant patient fatally obstructed by Black Lives Matter protests in Memphis was a total falsehood.
Didn't someone have a poll on the old forum about the left using organized violence? Or, targeted and planned shootings? Smile
(07-13-2016, 07:08 PM)Bad Dog Wrote: Didn't someone have a poll on the old forum about the left using organized violence? Or, targeted and planned shootings? Smile

I have been predicting a "collaborationist revolution" - with the Left openly collaborating with a foreign enemy - for more than a decade on this forum, or at least putting it out there as a very real possibility.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
We invented the monster that is modern American policing. At every turn, we opted for zero tolerance, and hired for shock troops. We don't have constables on patrol (C.O.P.) we have something closer to interior ministry troops.

In the beginning, Sir Robert Peel invented policing as an army of the upper class, to replace the hue and cry, and protect newly industrialized England from the rabble building up in the growing cities.
There was never any good old days
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow
       -- Eugene Hutz
But Vladimir Putin, who is stridently  anti-Muslim and pro-Jewish (Russian, Syrian and Israeli military strategists held a clandestine three-way meeting last November) - his neofascist Ukrainian nationalist adversaries regularly petrol-bomb synagogues and bash Roma (The People Formerly Known As Gypsies) over the head with baseball bats (who knew that baseball was so popular in Ukraine?) - is no enemy of the United States, and certainly wouldn't be regarded as that by a Trump Administration, if there is one.

By contrast, Islam already has considerable "street cred" in the African-American community, and many of the members of the New Black Panther Party, etc., are in fact Muslims.  Plus a history lesson is most timely here: The ancestors of today's Pakistani Muslims were low-caste Hindus who converted to Islam to escape the Hindu caste system - reminding us that Islam has an awesome track record of attracting the poor and downtrodden, or any group that considers themselves such.

Try to imagine 9/11-magnitude terrorist attacks every week or even more often somewhere in the United States.  It is very easy for me to do so - especially if Trump does win the election.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(07-18-2016, 06:57 PM)Anthony 58 Wrote: Try to imagine 9/11-magnitude terrorist attacks every week or even more often somewhere in the United States.  It is very easy for me to do so - especially if Trump does win the election.

I would hate for that to happen. That would destroy the country, and would send the world into chaos.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
No one wants to see that happen - but the destigmatization of treason that the Boom Awakening played host to makes it exponentially more likely to happen.
(07-21-2016, 07:27 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 02:03 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 06:57 PM)Anthony Wrote: Try to imagine 9/11-magnitude terrorist attacks every week or even more often somewhere in the United States.  It is very easy for me to do so - especially if Trump does win the election.

I would hate for that to happen. That would destroy the country, and would send the world into chaos.

No one wants to see that happen - but the destigmatization of treason that the Boom Awakening played host to makes it exponentially more likely to happen.

Yeah but an attack of that magnitude every single week? That's just too traumatizing. It would be a very hard 4T if that were to happen. We would probably not see the country triumph after that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
Miami shooting: Man says cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up

Ok.  Another police shooting of a black man, laying on his back, no threat to anyone.  First report has the victim asking the police officer why he was shot, and the officer responding 'I don't know.'

I have some sympathy for the police, but if they want to ease a spiral of violence they are at the mercy of the worst trained, most racist and least comment among them.  

I just hope they don't turn this into a 'clean shoot,' a supposedly justified act.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new Cold War with China Eric the Green 11 2,739 02-20-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The forgotten ‘forever war’: Biden boosts U.S. military footprint in Syria chairb 0 572 10-18-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Democracy losing the war on four huge fronts Eric the Green 3 1,398 08-14-2021, 03:40 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Biden is using a racial narrative to obscure the class character of police violence Einzige 10 3,270 04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The USA Today editorial board calls for Copmala Harris to oversee police reform Einzige 0 740 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Trump seeks to pardon SEAL and others accused of war crimes gal39 20 7,074 03-31-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  State Police will escape legislative scrutiny in 2021 budget process random3 0 661 02-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Last Post: random3
  Florida bill would increase police powers to use drones random3 0 591 02-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: random3
  Should I Become more Pro-War? Eric the Green 5 1,835 02-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Gov. Whitmer Violates Her Own Social Distancing Order during Civil Rights March Luza 0 583 02-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Luza