Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De Facto Civil War Between Police and the Public?
(10-10-2016, 06:36 PM)Mikebert Wrote: The reason that black folks getting killed by cops is a major story is that black folks are making an issue out of it.  Surely you are aware of the demonstrations.   It appears that white folks don't care about their kids getting killed by cops.  So the national news doesn't pick up their stories.  There seems to be no interest.

At least we can agree on something.
(10-10-2016, 11:41 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 06:36 PM)Mikebert Wrote: The reason that black folks getting killed by cops is a major story is that black folks are making an issue out of it.  Surely you are aware of the demonstrations.   It appears that white folks don't care about their kids getting killed by cops.  So the national news doesn't pick up their stories.  There seems to be no interest.

But should white folks care about their kids getting killed by cops for being stupid teens.  Hell I was a stupid teen.   I had a little brother (white) in the big brother program. He was a stupid teen 1t 17, and then like magic he totally grew up between 18 and 21.  The guys in the plant have an expression: "young and dumb and full of cum".  We all go through it, it shouldn't be a death sentence.
(10-11-2016, 03:34 PM)Mikebert Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 11:41 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:

But should white folks care about their kids getting killed by cops for being stupid teens.  Hell I was a stupid teen.   I had a little brother (white) in the big brother program. He was a stupid teen 1t 17, and then like magic he totally grew up between 18 and 21.  The guys in the plant have an expression: "young and dumb and full of cum".  We all go through it, it shouldn't be a death sentence.

I agree with that, too.  Whites, Asians, etc., like blacks until recently, are way too accepting of the double standards that literally let police get away with murder.
I've seen the SFPD in action. A lot of them are racist assholes.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
Indeed. The SFPD have a lot of assholes. It seems it's a problem everywhere, even in SF. The SF police chief defended shooting innocent blacks and others. He was forced out because of it. Maybe it will improve. I wonder what the progressive mayor of NY has done yet.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
So far, there hasn't been any police-related trouble to speak of in NYC under Buster mayor Bill de Blasio.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(10-18-2016, 03:32 PM)Anthony 58 Wrote: So far, there hasn't been any police-related trouble to speak of in NYC under Buster mayor Bill de Blasio.

Wasn't Eric Garner and the guy who filmed his murder suffering under De Blazio?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-12-2016, 05:24 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: DoJ harshing on the Ess Eff Pee Dee ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

"San Francisco police officers use force against African Americans more often than against other racial groups, according to a 432-page federal report made public Wednesday."

Yes, and of course African Americans are far more likely to jailbirds.  However that doesn't chase the basic facts that the [url= http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/...ice-forces] militarization of cop corps[/url]  [why the fuck do cops need crap like flash-bangs?]  The other fact is that dubious wars on choice and drugs are the chief fuel for this process.

There's a simple alchemy to all of this nonsense. At first, the pigs will come for African Americans and Muslims. Next come the Latinos and American Indians.  Finally, they come for the Asians and Europeans.
---Value Added Cool
Quote:Wasn't Eric Garner and the guy who filmed his murder suffering under De Blazio?

But there was no violence in NYC after Garner was killed; protests, yes, but no violence.
(10-22-2016, 01:46 PM)Anthony Wrote:
Quote:Wasn't Eric Garner and the guy who filmed his murder suffering under De Blazio?

But there was no violence in NYC after Garner was killed; protests, yes, but no violence.

Well, except for two cops murdered in revenge.
(10-18-2016, 06:01 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 05:24 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: DoJ harshing on the Ess Eff Pee Dee ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

"San Francisco police officers use force against African Americans more often than against other racial groups, according to a 432-page federal report made public Wednesday."

Yes, and of course African Americans are far more likely to jailbirds.  However that doesn't chase the basic facts that the [url= http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/...ice-forces] militarization of cop corps[/url]  [why the fuck do cops need crap like flash-bangs?]  The other fact is that dubious wars on choice and drugs are the chief fuel for this process.

There's a simple alchemy to all of this nonsense. At first, the pigs will come for African Americans and Muslims. Next come the Latinos and American Indians.  Finally, they come for the Asians and Europeans.

That seems to be how it could go.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new Cold War with China Eric the Green 11 2,739 02-20-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The forgotten ‘forever war’: Biden boosts U.S. military footprint in Syria chairb 0 570 10-18-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Democracy losing the war on four huge fronts Eric the Green 3 1,398 08-14-2021, 03:40 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Biden is using a racial narrative to obscure the class character of police violence Einzige 10 3,269 04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The USA Today editorial board calls for Copmala Harris to oversee police reform Einzige 0 740 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Trump seeks to pardon SEAL and others accused of war crimes gal39 20 7,066 03-31-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  State Police will escape legislative scrutiny in 2021 budget process random3 0 660 02-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Last Post: random3
  Florida bill would increase police powers to use drones random3 0 589 02-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: random3
  Should I Become more Pro-War? Eric the Green 5 1,833 02-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Gov. Whitmer Violates Her Own Social Distancing Order during Civil Rights March Luza 0 581 02-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Luza