Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology
How about a thread for technology?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-08-2016, 06:09 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: How about a thread for technology?

You mean a forum for technology?  I can put one up.
(05-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Webmaster Wrote:

I think that we could use forums for the GI and Silent Generations. Just because they are going extinct and fading from the scene does not mean that they have become irrelevant.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-09-2016, 07:38 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(05-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Webmaster Wrote:

I think that we could use forums for the GI and Silent Generations. Just because they are going extinct and fading from the scene does not mean that they have become irrelevant.

Thanks. As a late silent, I am trying to not be irrelevant.
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
Technology would be a very good forum.  The authors really stress where technology fits into cycles.  I'm not as diverse as some, I try t focus my attention on the saeculum(s) within the 20th century and going forward.  So, the authors always touch on the rise of transportation (vehicles) to radio and TV to telephones, Internet and the plethora of information exchange the Internet brings.  After I master one saeculum, I can research others in the past.

OH  also, I would like to be a Senior Member, how does that happen do I have to be approved and biilleted?
(05-25-2018, 10:05 PM)TheNomad Wrote: Technology would be a very good forum.  The authors really stress where technology fits into cycles.  I'm not as diverse as some, I try t focus my attention on the saeculum(s) within the 20th century and going forward.  So, the authors always touch on the rise of transportation (vehicles) to radio and TV to telephones, Internet and the plethora of information exchange the Internet brings.  After I master one saeculum, I can research others in the past.

OH  also, I would like to be a Senior Member, how does that happen do I have to be approved and biilleted?

1. Senior membership requires 1000+ posts.  IOW, this is a meritocratic forum.

2. billeted?   Uh, this forum has no flop houses, man. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(05-25-2018, 11:34 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 10:05 PM)TheNomad Wrote: Technology would be a very good forum.  The authors really stress where technology fits into cycles.  I'm not as diverse as some, I try t focus my attention on the saeculum(s) within the 20th century and going forward.  So, the authors always touch on the rise of transportation (vehicles) to radio and TV to telephones, Internet and the plethora of information exchange the Internet brings.  After I master one saeculum, I can research others in the past.

Can't I just purchase it?  I am just a grunt crew member to be transferred away if current seniority has a dislike? We can get that immediately with reddit mods. Idea
(05-26-2018, 12:07 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 11:34 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Can't I just purchase it?  I am just a grunt crew member to be transferred away if current seniority has a dislike? We can get that immediately with reddit mods. Idea

1.  I'm not for sale 'cause I ain't no neoliberal.

2. For the most part, I'm a bouncer for spams. You're not a spammer, so no bounce.

3. The software has no feature where mods can assign seniority, stars, etc. This is good since it enforces objectivity on the part of mods. Smile
---Value Added Cool