Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization
(10-25-2021, 04:20 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 07:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:33 AM)Kay Wrote: Do Americans who hate freedom feel like traitors?

There are positive freedoms. One is that I can drive on Interstate 94 in Michigan in the westbound lanes if headed west and in the eastbound lanes if headed east. I do not have any right to drive eastbound in the westbound lanes or westbound in the eastbound lanes. That creates a "negative freedom", or  freedom from a negative consequence, as in having no reasonable fear of meeting someone driving the wrong way at a high speed.

To be free from the risk of pointless death from gunfire because a criminal, lunatic, or spouse abuser has a gun is a negative freedom.

Do you get it?

The libertarian spammer will not "get it," no matter how many names the spammer goes by. It's best not to try to discuss anything with this spammer. (S)he/they does not enter into dialogue or discussion.

It's the same message.It never discusses its basic fears.

When I clip and paste I at least leave a source. I know how to use a meme even if it comes from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address or the Bible.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

The only use of guns in the hands of citizens is if they become soldiers for an alternative rebel state, like in the USA civil war. In many societies, tyrants are oppressing and killing the people to stay in power. Why should these thugs have a monopoly on weapons? The Burmese, the Belorussians, the Sudanese, the Syrians, etc, need weapons to fight back.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-02-2021, 03:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The only use of guns in the hands of citizens is if they become soldiers for an alternative rebel state, like in the USA civil war. In many societies, tyrants are oppressing and killing the people to stay in power. Why should these thugs have a monopoly on weapons? The Burmese, the Belorussians, the Sudanese, the Syrians, etc, need weapons to fight back.

Recently at a GOP raly, an attendee asked, "When can we use the guns?"  Certainly a telling comment if I've ever heard one.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Do any of you know if this bill ever got passed? I would imagine that they would have to prove him/her guilty of a felony beyond a reasonable doubt first. But all the mass shooting since that time have put the spotlight on the fact that in many areas you can buy a gun easier than you can obtain a car driver's license. Do any of you see the stupidity in the fact that nowadays nearly all jobs are requiring background check, even the non-employee gig economy platforms, and yet there are many areas where you can purchase a firearm in some states without a background check.

They are now trying to pass a bill in the wake of the Uvalde disaster to raise the age for purchasing an assault weapon from 18 to 21. DUH! Do you really think ordinary people should be able to have assaut style weapons at any age?

It might also be interesting to note that Hawaii was also the first state to raise the minimum age for purchasing tobacco products from 18 to 21. Not all that long ago after it became a federal thing even though technically it is up to the states unless included in the federal Constitution I do believe. But in reality so is Daylight Saving Time. Yet a law was passed in 1966 that made it the law of the land unless individual states chose to opt out, and the start and end dates had to be the same everywhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,148 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Lawmakers Send Newsom Bill That Could Ban Gas Generators chairb 0 644 10-21-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,133 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 765 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  Hawaii lawmaker Sharon Har, who railed against drunk driving, busted for alleged DUI HealthyDebate 0 700 03-11-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,924 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 744 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,084 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Bill would delay sale of voter-approved recreational marijuana until 2023 treehugger 0 712 02-21-2021, 11:22 PM
Last Post: treehugger
  Washington state introduces bill to increase state gas tax random3 0 719 02-19-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: random3