Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court-- will it stay reactionary
Breyer to retire from Supreme Court, giving Biden a chance to appoint successor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme...t-n1288042

I just hope he retires soon, since the Senate may go Republican next year. And even then, remember Manchin voted for Kavanaugh.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-26-2022, 04:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Breyer to retire from Supreme Court, giving Biden a chance to appoint successor.

I just hope he retires soon, since the Senate may go Republican next year. And even then, remember Manchin voted for Kavanaugh.

The Senate may go Republican in less than a year. Hell, the Senate could go Republican anytime now. You're a liberal, I assume that you know to schmooze, suck up and kiss people's asses right. It's what you pretty much do for a living right. OK. You better start doing that with Mansion and Sinema instead of threatening them, harassing them, calling them traitors and directly associating them with racism. I hear Biden is below 40 approval these days which means that Biden is pretty down to the Democratic establishment and Progressives. I think you're doing great at sustaining credibility and keep up the good work. I think the Supreme Court needs another Progressive knee jerk trying to rule from the bench. I hear the next one (progressive knee jerk) is going to be a black female or at least that's what Biden said he was going to appoint to replace Breyer.
(01-26-2022, 10:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 04:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Breyer to retire from Supreme Court, giving Biden a chance to appoint successor.

The Senate may go Republican in less than a year. Hell, the Senate could go Republican anytime now. You're a liberal, I assume that you know to schmooze, suck up and kiss people's asses right. It's what you pretty much do for a living right. OK. You better start doing that with Mansion and Sinema instead of threatening them, harassing them, calling them traitors and directly associating them with racism. I hear Biden is below 40 approval these days which means that Biden is pretty down to the Democratic establishment and Progressives. I think you're doing great at sustaining credibility and keep up the good work. I think the Supreme Court needs another Progressive knee jerk trying to rule from the bench. I hear the next one (progressive knee jerk) is going to be a black female or at least that's what Biden said he was going to appoint to replace Breyer.

Times are rough. COVID-19 is making life miserable again.I have no reliable statistics about deaths from COVID-19, but from a statistical viewpoint, one can't lose a million lives, mostly of people in the workforce, without causing some economic dislocation. Spending on ventilator treatment is huge, and that is a huge expenditure on welfare that otherwise would not be made. COVID-19 also has lingering effects that cause disability. Dictators in Russia and China are acting badly. The industrial jobs that underpinned the well-being of a working class that didn't have to fit the Marxist stereotype of a helpless proletariat that elites could exploit at will aren't coming back. The dark-money interests who stand firmly behind neoliberalism (sadonomics, as I am tempted to call it) are predictably set to open the spigots of funds for pols who, like you, believe that no human suffering can ever be in excess so long as those elites can profiteer. Pinochet without the military shtick but tolerant of a mindless (but lucrative) mass culture? Then one can be happy if one is very rich, very stupid, or completely sold-out: otherwise one will hate life.

What's in it for you?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-26-2022, 10:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Your insane racism confirmed again. Any black female is inherently destined to be a knee-jerk progressive, according to you and your insane ilk that rule Amerikkka.

Biden will likely get his choice for Justice, but the majority insanity on the Court will still be there, able and ready to condemn humanity to flood, storm, drought, fire and destruction.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-26-2022, 10:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: ... I think the Supreme Court needs another Progressive knee jerk trying to rule from the bench. I hear the next one (progressive knee jerk) is going to be a black female or at least that's what Biden said he was going to appoint to replace Breyer.

Really?  Right now -- today -- the court has 7 Catholics (77%) ruling on behalf of a nation with roughly 22% Catholics.  All three Trump appointees are in that scrum, and we know that being Catholic means being against abortion.  But yeah, a black female jurist is going to be a knee jerk.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ((hitemankiller1990@gmail.com))HIRE A KILLER FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO STAY ANONYM besbian1990 0 32 04-16-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: besbian1990
  Why is it taking so much time to bring Trump to court? Captain Genet 67 14,418 10-26-2022, 09:59 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Deep State: The Unelected Shadow Government Is Here to Stay nebraska 0 850 12-31-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Deep State: The Unelected Shadow Government Is Here to Stay nebraska 0 819 12-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  The Supreme Court Will Examine Partisan Gerrymandering in 2017 gabrielle 4 3,671 04-11-2017, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  It wouldn't be a 4T without a court packing er swamping plan Dan '82 0 1,248 07-13-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Dan '82
  The Supreme Court Bronco80 23 15,666 07-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Dan '82