Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SJW's, Identity politics, Alt-Left and Alt-Right
(10-09-2018, 02:47 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:36 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:27 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: GO, SJWs!!

Get a load of the shit we get to put up with thanks to the SJWs.  Naturally with Dims running city hall there is no chance of the police actually doing something useful for a change.

Your whine is bad Twitter karma?  Really?  If they were putting you in jail, you would have a real gripe -- assuming you did nothing to justifying some jail time, of course.

Are you know an Xer Snowflake?

I think violent acts like the one in that tweet should be grounds for jail.  I bet folks would howl to no end if some  KKK folks did that sort of thing.  The fact is, antifa is a cancer.

This is exactly the double standard the left has.  It is just fine for Antifa to employ violence but no one else can.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(10-09-2018, 02:50 PM)Galen Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:47 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:36 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:27 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 10:07 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: GO, SJWs!!

Get a load of the shit we get to put up with thanks to the SJWs.  Naturally with Dims running city hall there is no chance of the police actually doing something useful for a change.

Your whine is bad Twitter karma?  Really?  If they were putting you in jail, you would have a real gripe -- assuming you did nothing to justifying some jail time, of course.

Are you know an Xer Snowflake?

I think violent acts like the one in that tweet should be grounds for jail.  I bet folks would howl to no end if some  KKK folks did that sort of thing.  The fact is, antifa is a cancer.

This is exactly the double standard the left has.  It is just fine for Antifa to employ violence but no one else can.

H-m-m-m.  I didn't get the video first pass, then again, I didn't get the context for the video this time either.  I seems bad.  I assume Mr. Gray Car is an innocent in this, but the action picks up "... in progress", as they say.  If there is something more to this we're not seeing, then this is part and parcel of assholery all around.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of the current SJW mindset -- regardless of left or right.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-09-2018, 04:55 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:50 PM)Galen Wrote: This is exactly the double standard the left has.  It is just fine for Antifa to employ violence but no one else can.

H-m-m-m.  I didn't get the video first pass, then again, I didn't get the context for the video this time either.  I seems bad.  I assume Mr. Gray Car is an innocent in this, but the action picks up "... in progress", as they say.  If there is something more to this we're not seeing, then this is part and parcel of assholery all around.

This is pretty typical of Antifa and the Portland city government is willing to put up with it.  Here is example of them in Portland going after an Antifa supporter for carrying an American flag.

This is what we have come to expect from the left these days.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(10-10-2018, 03:13 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 04:55 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:50 PM)Galen Wrote: This is exactly the double standard the left has.  It is just fine for Antifa to employ violence but no one else can.

This is pretty typical of Antifa and the Portland city government is willing to put up with it.  Here is example of them in Portland going after an Antifa supporter for carrying an American flag.

This is what we have come to expect from the left these days.

Stupid is stupid, regardless the source.  The Antifa, as they fashion themselves, are a disorganized rabble: peaceful in many cases, violent in others.  In no case is actual violence rational, unless it's pure self defense. In this case, the "offense" was pretty benign, and the response was pretty benign as well. If you want to complain about violent protest, this isn't it. I have no idea what the guy was trying to grab, and less idea why he felt the need to cover up once he was pulled down. No one punched or kicked anyone. In a court of law, it would rate simple assault, and garner a fine.

For reference, grab some readily available video of the riots at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago -- 1968.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-10-2018, 09:39 AM)David Horn Wrote: Stupid is stupid, regardless the source.  The Antifa, as they fashion themselves, are a disorganized rabble: peaceful in many cases, violent in others.  In no case is actual violence rational, unless it's pure self defense.  In this case, the "offense" was pretty benign, and the response was pretty benign as well.  If you want to complain about violent protest, this isn't it.  I have no idea what the guy was trying to grab, and less idea why he felt the need to cover up once he was pulled down.  No one punched or kicked anyone.  In a court of law, it would rate simple assault, and garner a fine.

Apparently you missed the part where he got hit in the head with a bat.  These are only the most recent examples.  You might want to spend some time watching the last riot involving antifa.

(10-10-2018, 03:12 PM)Galen Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:39 AM)David Horn Wrote: Stupid is stupid, regardless the source.  The Antifa, as they fashion themselves, are a disorganized rabble: peaceful in many cases, violent in others.  In no case is actual violence rational, unless it's pure self defense.  In this case, the "offense" was pretty benign, and the response was pretty benign as well.  If you want to complain about violent protest, this isn't it.  I have no idea what the guy was trying to grab, and less idea why he felt the need to cover up once he was pulled down.  No one punched or kicked anyone.  In a court of law, it would rate simple assault, and garner a fine.

Apparently you missed the part where he got hit in the head with a bat.  These are only the most recent examples.  You might want to spend some time watching the last riot involving antifa.

Do you want to slug a Nazi? Don't!

Here's one view from a Peace Church (modern Mennonites):

Quote:As a pacifist, I’ve always felt a little uncomfortable punching Nazis (yes, even Nazis). This week has reinforced my belief that it’s not only unethical to punch Nazis, but also ineffective. Punching a Nazi–literally or in effigy–may be satisfying, but if anything, it reduces the number of people who are empathetic to progressive causes. It’s a reactionary doubling-down on rhetoric that indicates that Nazis are so far beyond the general population that we–in the moderate-to-radical left–would not welcome them even if they tried to re-integrate themselves. One of the most chilling developments among post-Trump activism is the way liberals cling to the Nazi-punching rhetoric inspired by the protestor who punched Richard Spencer on Inauguration Day. It isolates neo-Nazis even more deeply in their narrow, self-justifying ideology–and it isolates anti-racist activists from their moral high ground, which was, “we’re all seeking to be recognized as human.” If you want your enemy to love you (or at least respect you), you have to illustrate that you are willing to love (or at least respect) your enemy.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-10-2018, 03:12 PM)Galen Wrote:

Here's another fact.  How about attempted manslaughter with a bike lock.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...9f6965158d

Like I said, Antifa = cancer.  Good on  4chan for unmasking pond scum like this.  I hope Clanton's life is ruined forever for being a violent thug.
---Value Added Cool
Yup, focus on the few misdeeds of the good guys, arouse the silent majority into a frenzy with claims of being bullied and "innocent until proven guilty." Do whatever you can to distract attention from the real problem: that America can't choose to go in the right direction toward true social justice, because the constitution and the election system is set up to keep the oligarchy and the neo-nationalist rabble in power. Oppress the people, grab ever more wealth and power; that's the goal of the oligarchs and nationalists. Whatever can arouse the people to support them in their power-grab, do it! Then when the people act out their anger at being bullied and suppressed, focus even more of the peoples' anger on the protesters instead of on the problems! Yeah, that works! And if that doesn't work, you can always start a war against the supposed foreign enemies, or blame immigrants, and attack THEM! Divert attention! Always the best method by the power-grabbers! And another method, take more voting rights away from the people! Distract them with internet toys. And more repression. Make the left feel like there's nothing more they can do but act out violently. Then, get Galen and others to focus even more attention on these angry folks instead of on what made them angry in the first place!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-10-2018, 06:39 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Yup, focus on the few misdeeds of the good guys, arouse the silent majority into a frenzy with claims of being bullied and "innocent until proven guilty." Do whatever you can to distract attention from the real problem: that America can't choose to go in the right direction toward true social justice, because the constitution and the election system is set up to keep the oligarchy and the neo-nationalist rabble in power. Oppress the people, grab ever more wealth and power; that's the goal of the oligarchs and nationalists. Whatever can arouse the people to support them in their power-grab, do it! Then when the people act out their anger at being bullied and suppressed, focus even more of the peoples' anger on the protesters instead of on the problems! Yeah, that works! And if that doesn't work, you can always start a war against the supposed foreign enemies, or blame immigrants, and attack THEM! Divert attention! Always the best method by the power-grabbers! And another method, take more voting rights away from the people! Distract them with internet toys. And more repression. Make the left feel like there's nothing more they can do but act out violently. Then, get Galen and others to focus even more attention on these angry folks instead of on what made them angry in the first place!

It isn't few misdeeds by a small number of people but rather a recurring pattern.  Why did that guy reporting not want to go anywhere near the Antifa people?  It was because he felt that he would be lucky if only his equipment was destroyed.  So he started talking to the Proud Boys, the patriot prayer group and the few lefties that were among them.  The lefties were the nastiest of the people he interviewed. I will also note that the lefties were left to their own devices and not molested in any way.  Which group of people are more likely to start a riot?  Come to think of it which group would most people rather be around?  I like my survival odds around the Christians much better.

(10-10-2018, 06:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yup, focus on the few misdeeds of the good guys, arouse the silent majority into a frenzy with claims of being bullied and "innocent until proven guilty." Do whatever you can to distract attention from the real problem: that America can't choose to go in the right direction toward true social justice, because the constitution and the election system is set up to keep the oligarchy and the neo-nationalist rabble in power. Oppress the people, grab ever more wealth and power; that's the goal of the oligarchs and nationalists. Whatever can arouse the people to support them in their power-grab, do it! Then when the people act out their anger at being bullied and suppressed, focus even more of the peoples' anger on the protesters instead of on the problems! Yeah, that works! And if that doesn't work, you can always start a war against the supposed foreign enemies, or blame immigrants, and attack THEM! Divert attention! Always the best method by the power-grabbers! And another method, take more voting rights away from the people! Distract them with internet toys. And more repression. Make the left feel like there's nothing more they can do but act out violently. Then, get Galen and others to focus even more attention on these angry folks instead of on what made them angry in the first place!

Huh?  Here, let me lay down on the line, right here.

1. There are protesters like the womens' march.   Those are OK since aren't really dissing me or acting like thugs.
2. SJW's :  Guess what?  I hate them because they dump on folks like me.  Yeah, I'm a white male. I never caused any of the shit they keeping dumping on me or others like me.  Damn them to hell.
3. Anntifa:  Good for nothing goons who bash in a physical manner innocent bystanders.  Oh, good how they make my heart burn with rage, assaulting innocents.  They need to be  frog marched across the stinkiest swamp around. Death to Antifa! Yeah, Antifa is right up there with abortion clinic bombers and assassins who target the clinic's doctors.  Fuck all of those idiots. May they all just fucking burn in hell. Clueless morons, each and everyone of them. Death to abortion clinic fanatics as well.

Now, get this. Why the fuck hasn't the DNC supported single payer? Why did did it collude with Hillery's campaign to fuck over Bernie Sanders. The DNC needs to get purged of every single Neocon/Neoliberal in it's fold and that includes the Clintons. Also, where are they wrt worker's rights, wages, and worker safety? I haven't heard shit. All I hear is bullshit about illegal aliens, shit going overseas, other nonsense. Here's the joke. Harry Truman was right.
"Given the choice between a Republican and someone who acts like a Republican, people will vote for the real Republican all the time" So, Harry Truman is right, after all. Sad, but true.

And, for those idiots ranting about immigrants?  OK, which ones?  The legal ones or the illegal aliens. Here's the deal on that.  I don't want a bunch of people invading the US. I don't want to share the US's limited water and other resources with people who come from countries that can't get their shit together. If there's a choice between my well being and other people, I'm going to choose myself because I have a right to look after my self interests first and foremost. Next, there are American citizens who are like me that are homeless and they come next. And I have far more respect for the homeless than stupid self righteous folks who think about illegal aliens and other folks who think homeless people are that way because it's their own fault. Here's another kicker, American citizens who are minorities work also.  They need competition from illegal aliens like a hole in head. Let's inform them about that while pushing for worker's rights for all citizens. That's the ticket, right there. Every American citizen has the right to healthcare, safe working conditions,a living wage, and freedom from imported competition.  Neoliberals love open borders to get lower wages and Neoconservatives love open borders to get more soldiers for their stupid wars. So yes indeed, I'm an economic nationalist. On top of that, let's ditch tariffs and enact a VAT tax to fuck over cheap imports and pay for single payer as a cherry on top.

Finally, yeah, I'm gonna vote Democrat in November because each and everyone of my congressmen wanted to kill off Obamacare. I remember and I'll do my part to make them pay.

Oh, and by the way, both parties seem to be bought off , given either overt support to oligarchs or distractions away from economic fuckhood. Only Bernie Sanders is trashing Amazon for example. Again, where's the DNC?
Why isn't the DNC skewering Bezos,Fuckerberg,and Big Banks.  Oh, and the DNC is also in bed with big Fossil Fuel.  Nice, eh?
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc...0743c9ca67

"Forward thinking Employers", ooooh yeah, such dirty birds, the DNC. 

* dirty bird award for the DNC

[Image: header_oiled_bird_effects.jpg]

"I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool
(10-11-2018, 04:07 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 06:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yup, focus on the few misdeeds of the good guys, arouse the silent majority into a frenzy with claims of being bullied and "innocent until proven guilty." Do whatever you can to distract attention from the real problem: that America can't choose to go in the right direction toward true social justice, because the constitution and the election system is set up to keep the oligarchy and the neo-nationalist rabble in power. Oppress the people, grab ever more wealth and power; that's the goal of the oligarchs and nationalists. Whatever can arouse the people to support them in their power-grab, do it! Then when the people act out their anger at being bullied and suppressed, focus even more of the peoples' anger on the protesters instead of on the problems! Yeah, that works! And if that doesn't work, you can always start a war against the supposed foreign enemies, or blame immigrants, and attack THEM! Divert attention! Always the best method by the power-grabbers! And another method, take more voting rights away from the people! Distract them with internet toys. And more repression. Make the left feel like there's nothing more they can do but act out violently. Then, get Galen and others to focus even more attention on these angry folks instead of on what made them angry in the first place!

1. There are protesters like the womens' march.   Those are OK since aren't really dissing me or acting like thugs.
2. SJW's :  Guess what?  I hate them because they dump on folks like me.  Yeah, I'm a white male. I never caused any of the shit they keeping dumping on me or others like me.  Damn them to hell.
3. Anntifa:  Good for nothing goons who bash in a physical manner innocent bystanders.  Oh, good how they make my heart burn with rage, assaulting innocents.  They need to be  frog marched across the stinkiest swamp around. Death to Antifa! Yeah, Antifa is right up there with abortion clinic bombers and assassins who target the clinic's doctors.  Fuck all of those idiots. May they all just fucking burn in hell. Clueless morons, each and everyone of them. Death to abortion clinic fanatics as well.

SJW's don't dump on you because you're white, if that's what you mean. Some of them are white. I won't get into your fight with them too much; people on the left can be annoying. But unless you are a big CEO or something I doubt they are dumping on you, unless you are dumping on them. But most of them don't even know you.

Death to those who are assaulting people, eh? A bit inconsistent, I'd say. Antifa just want to bash fascists, or at least challenge them when they demonstrate and tell them to go home. If they make a few mistakes and hit the wrong people, well that's young and foolish guys fer ya. Don't tell me you haven't don't anything foolish. It's foolish tactics on their part, probably, but understandable because they are pissed and so am I.

Quote:Now, get this. Why the fuck hasn't the DNC supported single payer? Why did did it collude with Hillary's campaign to fuck over Bernie Sanders. The DNC needs to get purged of every single Neocon/Neoliberal in it's fold and that includes the Clintons. Also, where are they wrt worker's rights, wages, and worker safety? I haven't heard shit. All I hear is bullshit about illegal aliens, shit going overseas, other nonsense. Here's the joke. Harry Truman was right.
"Given the choice between a Republican and someone who acts like a Republican, people will vote for the real Republican all the time" So, Harry Truman is right, after all. Sad, but true.

I agree with Truman, but more significantly, I think the Democrat needs to be able to connect with voters. That's a matter of personality, mostly. McAuliffe may be close to the Clintons, but he knows how to fight and take it to Trump and his bullshit.

https://youtu.be/cQKwGlClUSY

I think the Democrats stand up for workers rights, wages, safety; Hillary did. The DNC doesn't support single payer yet, it's true. It's up to the people who are Democrats how progressive they are on these issues. They have to show that by their votes. Unfortunately, many progressives don't vote, especially if they are young. I don't buy that the DNC ruined Sanders, although I know they wanted him to lose. As for bull about illegal aliens, I hear about that from you too. I don't worry about illegals taking low-paying jobs; that doesn't drive down wages if they are so low to begin with. But if you vote Democrat, that's good enough. If you vote Green, that's OK too, I can't complain. I might too.

Quote:And, for those idiots ranting about immigrants?  OK, which ones?  The legal ones or the illegal aliens. Here's the deal on that.  I don't want a bunch of people invading the US. I don't want to share the US's limited water and other resources with people who come from countries that can't get their shit together. If there's a choice between my well being and other people, I'm going to choose myself because I have a right to look after my self interests first and foremost. Next, there are American citizens who are like me that are homeless and they come next. And I have far more respect for the homeless than stupid self righteous folks who think about illegal aliens and other folks who think homeless people are that way because it's their own fault. Here's another kicker, American citizens who are minorities work also.  They need competition from illegal aliens like a hole in head. Let's inform them about that while pushing for worker's rights for all citizens. That's the ticket, right there. Every American citizen has the right to healthcare, safe working conditions,a living wage, and freedom from imported competition.  Neoliberals love open borders to get lower wages and Neoconservatives love open borders to get more soldiers for their stupid wars. So yes indeed, I'm an economic nationalist. On top of that, let's ditch tariffs and enact a VAT tax to fuck over cheap imports and pay for single payer as a cherry on top.

Finally, yeah, I'm gonna vote Democrat in November because each and everyone of my congressmen wanted to kill off Obamacare. I remember and I'll do my part to make them pay....

Good. I don't agree with all your prescriptions, but people might disagree on some issues, and still come together and work for a better country, if we ever get voted in. And if we could ever change money in politics, then politicians wouldn't have to be bought. And the best ones don't take the money. I wish O'Rourke would win, but red states usually don't vote for progressives.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-11-2018, 05:39 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:07 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 06:39 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Yup, focus on the few misdeeds of the good guys, arouse the silent majority into a frenzy with claims of being bullied and "innocent until proven guilty." Do whatever you can to distract attention from the real problem: that America can't choose to go in the right direction toward true social justice, because the constitution and the election system is set up to keep the oligarchy and the neo-nationalist rabble in power. Oppress the people, grab ever more wealth and power; that's the goal of the oligarchs and nationalists. Whatever can arouse the people to support them in their power-grab, do it! Then when the people act out their anger at being bullied and suppressed, focus even more of the peoples' anger on the protesters instead of on the problems! Yeah, that works! And if that doesn't work, you can always start a war against the supposed foreign enemies, or blame immigrants, and attack THEM! Divert attention! Always the best method by the power-grabbers! And another method, take more voting rights away from the people! Distract them with internet toys. And more repression. Make the left feel like there's nothing more they can do but act out violently. Then, get Galen and others to focus even more attention on these angry folks instead of on what made them angry in the first place!

SJW's don't dump on you because you're white, if that's what you mean. Some of them are white. I won't get into your fight with them too much; people on the left can be annoying. But unless you are a big CEO or something I doubt they are dumping on you, unless you are dumping on them. But most of them don't even know you.

Antifa does precisely this because SJWs blame everything on white males.  In a very real sense they are the KKK with different targets.  Come to think of it they use violence in the same way the KKK did.

(10-11-2018, 06:13 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:39 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: SJW's don't dump on you because you're white, if that's what you mean. Some of them are white. I won't get into your fight with them too much; people on the left can be annoying. But unless you are a big CEO or something I doubt they are dumping on you, unless you are dumping on them. But most of them don't even know you.

Antifa does precisely this because SJWs blame everything on white males.  In a very real sense they are the KKK with different targets.  Come to think of it they use violence in the same way the KKK did.

I'm back to my original thought: you're a bit of a snowflake.  White males have run most of the world for several centuries.  Now, as the tilt is correcting itself, white males are offended that they might be displaced from their favored status.  Boohoo.

The Antifa and White Nationalists, as both prefer to be known, don't act as moral equivalents.  The history of the KKK and other similar groups is ugly and vicious.  I haven't seen anything even vaguely the same from Antifa.  That doesn't make them perfect.  It just makes them less guilty.  If they start lynching people, I'll change my mind.
SJWs might complain or protest against white male privilege. That is entirely justified, since they are the privileged class. It doesn't mean they are dumping on white males per se, but that they want justice for all races and classes. That's why they are called SJWs. Some of them may realize that other races commit crimes too. Blacks commit a lot of the crime in America, and that's on them, although there's a lot of poverty and discrimination they face that might be a factor in their behavior. In Africa, there has been black on black oppression, and vicious civil and imperial wars in Asia, and so on, as well as a lot of white colonial imperialism in the last 600 years. There's been way too much oppression, crime and war everywhere for millennia, and I don't give it any excuse. To be a social warrior for justice means to push for fair treatment of all people everywhere.

There is still a lot of evil in the world, and people sure have a lot to learn, and right now in America they are not learning. It is very sad indeed that American voters (and often-young non-voters) do not seem to be exacting justice upon a Republican senate that just put a creep on the supreme court. They should lose power over this; instead it looks like they may gain a couple of seats. That in itself is a crime. Social injustice rolls on.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-11-2018, 10:42 AM)David Horn Wrote: I'm back to my original thought: you're a bit of a snowflake.  White males have run most of the world for several centuries.  Now, as the tilt is correcting itself, white males are offended that they might be displaced from their favored status.  Boohoo.

Now, this is thought provoking tbh.  Perhaps everyone is a snowflake in one way or another.  I have to admit I'm a snowflake when it comes to ads.  I don't like 'em and do stuff to avoid them. Ads, begone, they offend my sensibilities wrt taking me for the fool.  I've even turned my desktop into a safespace. Big Grin

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

[Image: 5d6a_no_place_like_fb.jpg]
SJW's:  A loopback of another sort to the 2T with putting folks into assorted boxes.

---Value Added Cool
(10-11-2018, 10:42 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:13 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:39 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: SJW's don't dump on you because you're white, if that's what you mean. Some of them are white. I won't get into your fight with them too much; people on the left can be annoying. But unless you are a big CEO or something I doubt they are dumping on you, unless you are dumping on them. But most of them don't even know you.

The Antifa and White Nationalists, as both prefer to be known, don't act as moral equivalents.  The history of the KKK and other similar groups is ugly and vicious.  I haven't seen anything even vaguely the same from Antifa.  That doesn't make them perfect.  It just makes them less guilty.  If they start lynching people, I'll change my mind.

Actually, they are more like reflections in a mirror.  Those who wish to rule others are going to employ violence to achieve their goals even if the objective differs.  Antifa hasn't been around that long but I am sure they will get around to killing someone since the Weather Underground who managed to kill three of their own.  So far Antifa seems to be blessed with equal incompetence which is good for the rest of us when they get around to playing with explosive like the Weathermen did.

(10-11-2018, 09:23 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 10:42 AM)David Horn Wrote: I'm back to my original thought: you're a bit of a snowflake.  White males have run most of the world for several centuries.  Now, as the tilt is correcting itself, white males are offended that they might be displaced from their favored status.  Boohoo.

Now, this is thought provoking tbh.  Perhaps everyone is a snowflake in one way or another.  I have to admit I'm a snowflake when it comes to ads.  I don't like 'em and do stuff to avoid them. Ads, begone, they offend my sensibilities wrt taking me for the fool.  I've even turned my desktop into a safespace. Big Grin

Just noticing that they seem to be reflections in a mirror.

(10-11-2018, 10:52 PM)Galen Wrote: ...  Those who wish to rule others are going to employ violence to achieve their goals even if the objective differs.  Antifa hasn't been around that long but I am sure they will get around to killing someone since the Weather Underground who managed to kill three of their own.  So far Antifa seems to be blessed with equal incompetence which is good for the rest of us when they get around to playing with explosive like the Weathermen did.

The Weather Underground did kill a few people, probably by accident, but that mitigates nothing.  The KKK, on the other hand, murdered hundreds -- often as a communal spectacle.  There are many photographs of average haters taken at lynchings -- everyone smiling at the camera.  

Like I noted before, there is no equivalence here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who else would like politics to be humdrum? Anthony '58 50 11,662 09-01-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Authoritarianism and American politics pbrower2a 75 73,005 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58