Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xennials
What are the defining characteristics of this micro-generation?

My tentative description would be that we have Millennials' positivity without the collectivism and technology obsession, plus Xers' adventurousness and individualism without the cynicism.

Billie Piper, my namesake, could be a typical Xennial. Or at least her character:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Piper
http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Rose_Tyler
Aren't real. "Cusp Gen X" or "Cusp Millennial" are more applicable phrases.
(11-20-2018, 07:21 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: My tentative description would be that we have Millennials' positivity without the collectivism and technology obsession, plus Xers' adventurousness and individualism without the cynicism.

Best of both worlds, eh?
(11-20-2018, 09:43 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 07:21 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: My tentative description would be that we have Millennials' positivity without the collectivism and technology obsession, plus Xers' adventurousness and individualism without the cynicism.

Best of both worlds, eh?

So you agree?
Yeah, sure. The better ones among them. I have a number of Xiennial (sometimes called Gen Y) friends who resemble this description.
Which birth cohorts would they be?
(02-06-2019, 10:36 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Which birth cohorts would they be?

1977-1985.
(02-06-2019, 12:11 PM)Bill the Piper Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 10:36 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Which birth cohorts would they be?

1977-1985.

My son and DIL are '77 and '79 respectively, and fit that description perfectly.  My son actually noted that he's part of the last analog-cognate generation, and that seems exactly the case.  He owns mechanical watches, and actually uses them to tell time, rather than just having them as nice jewelry.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it me or are Xennials an odd bunch at times? Remy Renault 0 1,541 01-13-2020, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Remy Renault