Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...the Mueller report
What are your thoughts? 

Will the public ever see it?  The president has been crowing "complete and total exoneration," which we know even from the little Attorney General Barr shared with us is not really true: “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”  34 people and three companies have been indicted or have pled guilty from this investigation, even if Trump himself may not have been implicated.   All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation 
(03-27-2019, 09:49 PM)gabrielle Wrote: What are your thoughts? 

Will the public ever see it?  The president has been crowing "complete and total exoneration," which we know even from the little Attorney General Barr shared with us is not really true: “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”  34 people and three companies have been indicted or have pled guilty from this investigation, even if Trump himself may not have been implicated.   All of Robert Mueller’s indictments and plea deals in the Russia investigation 
I think we'll see most of it and I think liberal blues will spend the next two years questioning and  making up stuff up or lying and advancing baseless opinions of so called experts and false claims like they've done the last two years pertaining to the redacted portions that we won't be allowed to see. Since hearing it wasn't enough, I doubt seeing most it will be enough either. The way I see it, blues are dumb enough to believe the blues who claim that blues are angels who can fly until they eventually splat as they hit ground. My advice, don't be foolish enough to become one of them.
(03-28-2019, 01:46 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:49 PM)gabrielle Wrote: What are your thoughts? 

I think we'll see most of it and I think liberal blues will spend the next two years questioning and  making up stuff up or lying and advancing baseless opinions of so called experts and false claims like they've done the last two years pertaining to the redacted portions that we won't be allowed to see. Since hearing it wasn't enough, I doubt seeing most it will be enough either. The way I see it, blues are dumb enough to believe the blues who claim that blues are angels who can fly until they eventually splat as they hit ground. My advice, don't be foolish enough to become one of them.

It is all circumstantial evidence -- but circumstantial evidence is enough to support a hanging, as it used to be said. So-and-so happened here when those two people met, there were financial dealings... Russia is capitalist to the extent that it recognizes gain as profit, but the capitalist system in Russia is basically crony capitalism. It is not a good place in which to do business unless one has the right connections. Russia is capitalist, but it does not really have unencumbered free enterprise.

Most American entrepreneurs who have dealings in multiple countries avoid Russia. There are just too many ways to lose everything. China is more attractive to American entrepreneurs. An American who does well in Russia in a business dealing has likely had to sell his soul to Putin. That makes Donald Trump's business dealings in Russia look suspicious.

We have two objects to consider: a cover letter that suggests that nothing went on and a long report, much of it a condensation of investigations by crack attorneys and the FBI, that shows the complete lack of probity of this President. This is the inverse of the usual difference between a book blurb and a novel (the blurb shows great talent at writing a fiction about the greatness of a novel, and the novel is a terrible disappointment)  in that the Attorney General says that nothing is going on even if the novel is a masterpiece.

OK, nobody will read the report without having some agenda, and it obviously won't replace a Great Book in the literary canon. Donald Trump is not Nero in Quo Vadis? , to be sure. I assure you, Classic X'er, that we will all be spared any identification of investigators and any information that might jeopardize national security. Nobody wants any lives to be put in danger.

Of course we all deserve government that operates with integrity even if we are conservative Republicans. If it were nominal liberals doing the things that Trump is accused of, then you would be calling for a thorough investigation of real or imagined misconduct. If you want to compare this to McCarthyism in making unproved allegations that did unjustified harm to people's lives, then recall that no part of the McCarthy inquisition led to a conviction of anyone.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuomo Aides Rewrote Nursing Home Report to Hide Higher Death Toll girlmonday 0 660 03-06-2021, 04:02 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Ethics Report Finds Elaine Chao Used Trump Cabinet Post to Promote Family Interests girlmonday 0 710 03-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Report: US Government Chronically Lied About Trillion Dollar War In Afghanistan mayor2 13 4,478 01-25-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: random3
  A major democracy watchdog (Freedom House) just published a scathing report on Trump pbrower2a 1 1,813 02-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Report: Americans view Trump White House as the most corrupt government institution nebraska 0 1,121 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Senate report on CIA torture is one step closer to disappearing nebraska 2 1,703 01-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Report: Three Baton Rouge police officers shot near BRPD HQ Dan '82 30 13,163 07-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62