Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant.
What Galen forgets is the scenario some of us laid out. Trump and Putin buddy buddy. Putin feels he has the green light to invade Ukraine. Trump is not so happy but keeps quiet and allows it. So Putin feels he has the green light to invade Estonia; his buddy-buddy won't mind. Trump has a temper tamtrum and feels betrayed and suddenly patriotic. Trump supports NATO and attacks Russia. His small hands are on the nuclear codes. WWIII.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 03:15 PM)Galen Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 12:36 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Obama presents a very shallow well vis a vis humorous material.

I am sure the Democratic Party will provide some material to work with.

[Image: 20161114_popular.jpg][Image: democratic_sealsmall.jpg]

No doubt a lot of us are crying.

That may not be all that we do.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 04:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: What Galen forgets is the scenario some of us laid out. Trump and Putin buddy buddy. Putin feels he has the green light to invade Ukraine. Trump is not so happy but keeps quiet and allows it. So Putin feels he has the green light to invade Estonia; his buddy-buddy won't mind. Trump has a temper tamtrum and feels betrayed and suddenly patriotic. Trump supports NATO and attacks Russia. His small hands are on the nuclear codes. WWIII.

I doubt very much that will happen.  Russia is still in the process of recovering from seventy-five years of bad management courtesy of the Communist Party.  Russia is still committing its resources to helping Assad in Syria and will be spending years stomping on the remnants of ISIS.  The US definitely lost its proxy war in Syria.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(11-14-2016, 01:27 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 09:30 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 11:04 PM)Galen Wrote: [Image: image005.jpg] 0
OMFG hilarious.  And that is exactly how the New York Slimes will spin it too.  That being said I would imagine that Daddy won't actually be moving into the White House.  Compared to his usual digs the place is a dump.

-- no he will not only move in., he will emblazon Trump in big gold letters that lite up @ nite over the portico

& we taxpayers will pay 4 it

And that is a problem how exactly? Sounds like a jobs program to me.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(11-14-2016, 03:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: That's right. Internet neutrality protected by Obama is likely to be replaced by two or three tier internet services so the the wealthy corporation can get faster access while we get slower and it costs us more. Thanks, white women in Wisconsin and Michigan for getting fooled by Trump's promise that lower taxes and higher debt will boost the economy. We will all pay more for your deception for many years to come, and in many ways.

Another thing for CA to do; regulate all internet companies doing business in CA. That's most of them. They are right here in Silicon Valley.

Yep.  

What's funny in a sad way, is the Bay Area and the other metros of CA if not the country will still get pretty good service, granted at higher prices.  But the ones that will really get screwed will be the rural areas and areas struggling economically like Wisconsin and Michigan - they'll have another reason for falling behind.  I'm sure the Trumpsters will find a way to blame it on Obama's non-existent TPP or Hillary's email server.

If this was a TV show, it would be preposterously funny.
(11-14-2016, 04:15 PM)Galen Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 04:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: What Galen forgets is the scenario some of us laid out. Trump and Putin buddy buddy. Putin feels he has the green light to invade Ukraine. Trump is not so happy but keeps quiet and allows it. So Putin feels he has the green light to invade Estonia; his buddy-buddy won't mind. Trump has a temper tamtrum and feels betrayed and suddenly patriotic. Trump supports NATO and attacks Russia. His small hands are on the nuclear codes. WWIII.

I doubt very much that will happen.  Russia is still in the process of recovering from seventy-five years of bad management courtesy of the Communist Party.  Russia is still committing its resources to helping Assad in Syria and will be spending years stomping on the remnants of ISIS.  The US definitely lost its proxy war in Syria.

Only in upside down Trumplandia would Russia's willingness to invade Georgia, Ukraine and Syria and have joint war games with China in China Sea would one believe Russia is still too busy living with Communist Party issues.

Psss, maybe you haven't been paying attention lately...

US-backed forces in Syria (Kurds) are going to be in al-Raqqa, ISIS capital, within a couple months; and in less time, they will have taken out any main remnants still in Iraq after ISIS falls in Mosul.  

In the meantime, Syria and Russia keep bombing starving civilian populations in Allepo and around Homs because they can't beat them on the ground.  Wait until all those ISIS forces thrown out of Iraq and al-Raqqa regroup around the Syrian Army positions.
This former Religious Right nut saw the light and has a pretty good summary of Obama -

This is who he is -

http://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/leading-...1479069597

Quote:During their private White House meeting on Thursday, Mr. Obama walked his successor through the duties of running the country, and Mr. Trump seemed surprised by the scope, said people familiar with the meeting. Trump aides were described by those people as unaware that the entire presidential staff working in the West Wing had to be replaced at the end of Mr. Obama’s term.

After meeting with Mr. Trump, the only person to be elected president without having held a government or military position, Mr. Obama realized the Republican needs more guidance. He plans to spend more time with his successor than presidents typically do, people familiar with the matter said.

Imagine the resolve of President Obama to offer up his help to the man that has utterly disrespected him for 5 years and will likely destroy everything he has tried to do.

And yet, there are still a-holes here that want to try tear Obama down with their own pettiness. Pathetic.
(11-14-2016, 04:15 PM)Galen Wrote:

Russia still has very bad management, and it shows in its economy. Just like here, the Russian people worship their hero anyway. Oligarchy doesn't work; they vote for it anyway. In both Russia and the USA.

Russia has not been attacking ISIS, and I doubt that it will. With the incompetent Trump at the helm, it may go on for years unless Obama completes the job. Remember, Trump "knows more about ISIS than the generals do." That's what Hitler thought too.

The US definitely lost its proxy war in Syria on Tuesday Nov.8.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

This is exactly my fear.  And seceding from the Union will not save you, Eric.

In fact, the chances of WWIII will increase if the blue states leave and the US becomes increasingly right wing and paranoid.
(11-14-2016, 09:23 PM)gabrielle Wrote:

Why personalize the issue? It's not about me. It's about you too, and all of life on this planet for posterity.

Quote:In fact, the chances of WWIII will increase if the blue states leave and the US becomes increasingly right wing and paranoid.

If CA is left alone, and other blue states are left alone to pursue fully-blue and green policies, maybe secession won't be needed. We'll see. It will take a few years to see where this goes. We'll see what Trump demands from us if he starts a war we don't want too. We don't need the red states. Why should we send them any money?

The USA would be less powerful without California and other blue states. That's a good consideration too. A less powerful USA is less of a threat to the world.

The problem is, blue states may not have any power to influence any decisions in this country. The Supreme Court may be gone, and other courts increasingly packed. The Senate will become more Republican in 2018. It took 6 years before any sort of brake was put on Bush, and it wasn't even enough. How long will it take the people to have buyers' remorse on The Donald? When if ever will America renounce Reaganism? It's taken 36 years already, and the people haven't done what they should have done immediately after electing him. It's total absurdity. We are the laughing stock of the world, and the laughs and the tears just got bigger.

I have a feeling I'll be counting the years that this fluke election of 1980 has still not been reversed until the day I die. What a crock of shit. Well, 36 years and add another 4.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 11:51 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 11:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 09:23 PM)gabrielle Wrote:

Why personalize the issue? It's not about me. It's about you too, and all of life on this planet for posterity.

Quote:In fact, the chances of WWIII will increase if the blue states leave and the US becomes increasingly right wing and paranoid.

If CA is left alone, and other blue states are left alone to pursue fully-blue and green policies, maybe secession won't be needed. We'll see. It will take a few years to see where this goes. We'll see what Trump demands from us if he starts a war we don't want too. We don't need the red states. Why should we send them any money?

The USA would be less powerful without California and other blue states. That's a good consideration too. A less powerful USA is less of a threat to the world.

The problem is, blue states may not have any power to influence any decisions in this country. The Supreme Court may be gone, and other courts increasingly packed. The Senate will become more Republican in 2018. It took 6 years before any sort of brake was put on Bush, and it wasn't even enough. How long will it take the people to have buyers' remorse on The Donald? When if ever will America renounce Reaganism? It's taken 36 years already, and the people haven't done what they should have done immediately after electing him. It's total absurdity. We are the laughing stock of the world, and the laughs and the tears just got bigger.

I have a feeling I'll be counting the years that this fluke election of 1980 has still not been reversed until the day I die. What a crock of shit. Well, 36 years and add another 4.

Reaganism or whatever one might want to call it, as it was commonly understood during its 1980s heyday, is sooooooo 2T. That's right, I wrote 2T. His platform was hatched right smack dab in the middle of the 2T. It took him a few tries to get it going. Well, I can't give him complete credit, certain aspects started under Carter. Many people forget that. In any case, although the ideas were hatched during the 2T, they came to full fruition toward the end of the 2T, and they lasted for a good part of the 3T. In any case, it's time to move on. The ideas are over 40 years old.

It's long, long past time, but they were just voted in again. Even disguised a little bit as xenophobia, but it should still be unmistakable. The mystery is why people keep voting for it. Definition of insanity applies.

But you need to recognize, if you don't Mr. X (it's hard to remember your full handle, sir!), that Reaganism IS still the definition of "the Right" in this country. And that's all shades of the Right. And it is thoroughly wedded to the racial dog whistle too; completely. Just read some of what noway and Classic Xer say, for example. It's unmistakable and not hard at all to see.

I should say, the ideas are much, much older than 40 years, of course. First of all, it goes back to Goldwater at the start of the 2T, and Reagan's famous speech for him then. But that was just when it recaptured the Republican Party. It was enshrined in the regimes of the 1920s, and the late 1890s. And it goes back to the Darwinian industrialists who oppressed the workers in 19th century England. Social Darwinism and the Darwinian Theory itself originated from the beliefs of the tycoons in that time. And back to Adam Smith and the physiocrats in the late 18th century. Reaganomics is just a throwback to the past, and that's all it ever was. That's why it's called "classical" and "neo." Of course Gingrich and mean-spirited, ambitious folks like him have been able to get people to believe that these are "ideas," and that the Republicans were the Party of "ideas." Ideas my fucking foot. It's simple regressive, authoritarian nonsense. The worst kind of simple answers and demagoguery. But economic libertarians and most folks in middle America swallow it whole, and vote for it over and over again.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 11:51 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Reaganism or whatever one might want to call it, as it was commonly understood during its 1980s heyday, is sooooooo 2T. That's right, I wrote 2T. His platform was hatched right smack dab in the middle of the 2T. It took him a few tries to get it going. Well, I can't give him complete credit, certain aspects started under Carter. Many people forget that. In any case, although the ideas were hatched during the 2T, they came to full fruition toward the end of the 2T, and they lasted for a good part of the 3T. In any case, it's time to move on. The ideas are over 40 years old.

No use trying to get Eric to understand this, he is in 100% complete partisan ideological denial that Reaganism is just as much a product of the 2T as the Counterculture.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(11-15-2016, 03:53 PM)Odin Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 11:51 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Reaganism or whatever one might want to call it, as it was commonly understood during its 1980s heyday, is sooooooo 2T. That's right, I wrote 2T. His platform was hatched right smack dab in the middle of the 2T. It took him a few tries to get it going. Well, I can't give him complete credit, certain aspects started under Carter. Many people forget that. In any case, although the ideas were hatched during the 2T, they came to full fruition toward the end of the 2T, and they lasted for a good part of the 3T. In any case, it's time to move on. The ideas are over 40 years old.

No use trying to get Eric to understand this, he is in 100% complete partisan ideological denial that Reaganism is just as much a product of the 2T as the Counterculture.

Uh, Odin, did you read my reply? It not only goes back to the early 80s, but to 1964. Of course it's 2T, but it's also 2T/3T from the last saeculum, and further back......

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 04:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Uh, Odin, did you read my reply? It not only goes back to the early 80s, but to 1964. Of course it's 2T, but it's also 2T/3T from the last saeculum, and further back......

No, it's not. Reaganism may have latched on to the LANGUAGE of 20s neoliberalsm, and while Reagan himself may have been an admirer of Coolidge, in actuality it is a new beast, tapping into the same distrust of centralized technocratic authority as the Counterculture. Reaganism is not some continuation of age-old conservative small-government-ism, it is the Red complement of the Counterculture and it is just as much a product of the Awakening as the Counterculture. Remember that the whole notion of the "popular tax revolt" started in the 70s.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
[Image: 20161115_keep.jpg][Image: mrz111216-color_2_orig.jpg]
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(11-15-2016, 04:51 PM)Odin Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 04:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

No, it's not. Reaganism may have latched on to the LANGUAGE of 20s neoliberalsm, and while Reagan himself may have been an admirer of Coolidge, in actuality it is a new beast, tapping into the same distrust of centralized technocratic authority as the Counterculture. Reaganism is not some continuation of age-old conservative small-government-ism, it is the Red complement of the Counterculture and it is just as much a product of the Awakening as the Counterculture. Remember that the whole notion of the "popular tax revolt" started in the 70s.

It's clear that I said that Reaganism was 2T. Now you are bringing in this myth that the counterculture created Reaganism. But Reaganism predated the counterculture, even within the 2T! Some counterculture people I know were duped and bought into the slogans of "freedom" we were mentioning before, but most did not. Most counter-culture people I know were and are environmentalists, and they support government action as well as personal action. Reaganism is another movement. Of course it's "the popular tax revolt" of the 70s. Jarvis-Gann and Prop.13. Know it extremely well. Same thing. Less government, less taxes. Nothing new at all there; all goes back to classical liberalism and laissez faire. Old as the hills.

It is not a new beast at all. You keep pushing that idea, no I will not agree. Yes, some people have been duped to think that it is; no question. The slogans of freedom are powerful. Yes it is all about language, and ONLY language. And no-one who distrusts "centralized technocratic society" would be fooled to think that technocratic corporate bureaucrats and their government stooges like Trump, Reagan or Gingrich really care about "freedom." No, they care about money, and that's all they care about-- something the counterculture DID NOT care about. No, the counterculture was not perfect, but that doesn't make it the cause of Reaganism. Anyone who says the counterculture is Reaganism, is pushing a fraud; no doubt a fraud that duped a number of people, no question about that at all. But it's the fraud, the false slogans, that is the issue.

Laissez faire, neo-liberalism, supply side, Reaganomics, free-market, libertarian, whatever you call it, it's the same damn thing.
http://philosopherswheel.com/freemarket.html

It's notions like this, held by the people arguing with me here, that is the cause of some people not getting the stark reality of what Americans did this Tuesday. Attacking the wrong target will not solve our problems, any more than attacking Iraq solved the problem of Al Queda.

You might not like some of the delusions or ideals of the counter-culture and the new age, Odin, but that's an entirely separate issue, even though both kinds of movements are common in 2Ts and 3Ts.

Here is reaganism and its results:

We're still waiting for that damn trickle. We're waiting for another four years and counting!

Was that you commenting on this video, Odin?

Comment on this video:
Biggus Dickus 4 months ago (edited)
Oh the Good Ole Horse-Sparrow theory," 'If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows"

LOL

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Not exactly on topic, but that's OK with me Wink

Theodore Roszak wrote the book The Making of a Counter-Culture, thus inventing the term, in 1969.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Making...er_Culture
He was generally in favor of the counter-culture, though this was a study of it and its deeper roots. It's not about the value of free markets, as Reaganomics is. It's about liberation of consciousness from the technocratic society.

I went to hear him speak, I think it was at the Palo Alto Unitarian Church, in about the early 1980s. I can't quote him in print saying this, but I remember very clearly that he said that Reagan's movement against big government was a "fraudulent attempt" to mislead people who might be interested in or part of the counter-culture.

Roszak also wrote the introduction to Schumacher's 1973 book Small is Beautiful. In the lecture he talked about the link between personal and planetary liberation. The planet is big, he said in answer to my question, but it's institutions that have gotten too big that depersonalize society. He said society needed to be slowed down and scaled down, humanized and spiritualized. He was promoting his book Person/Planet: The Creative Disintegration of Industrial Society (1979).

from the google search:
The Making of a Counter Culture
Book by Theodore Roszak
3.8/5 · Goodreads
The Making of a Counter Culture: Reflections on the Technocratic Society and Its Youthful Opposition is a work of non-fiction by Theodore Roszak originally published in 1969. Wikipedia
Originally published: 1969
Author: Theodore Roszak
Genre: Non-fiction
Publisher: University of California
Nominations: National Book Award for Philosophy and Religion

[Image: 51E6HWC9YEL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-15-2016, 05:05 PM)Galen Wrote: [Image: 20161115_keep.jpg][Image: mrz111216-color_2_orig.jpg]

Keep you doctor??? Silly voter, soon you won't be able to see a real doctor.

Medical bankruptcies are back on the table, boys!  Enjoy!

In light of this video, I have to wonder what all the snowflakes are complaining about?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! Eric the Green 3,008 1,577,349 02-14-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Corporate tax rates will be seven points lower under Biden than under Obama Einzige 9 3,327 04-22-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump and Obama: 2 sides of the same coin nebraska 0 1,021 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Pizza Shops Still Fear Obama Regulation That Could Cost Billions nebraska 0 983 01-15-2018, 06:29 PM
  We All Lose: Obama’s Legacy and What It Means for a Trump Presidency nebraska 0 1,250 01-15-2018, 02:00 AM
  Continuing in Obama's path nebraska 0 990 01-13-2018, 08:50 PM
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Trump just like Obama nebraska 0 929 01-12-2018, 07:24 PM