Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you make the 4T go by faster?
It's taking forever to end. I hate this time period. Any advice on how to kill time until it ends?
It has only just begun. I say, enjoy the prospect that real change will be made and that progress will be started up again in this decade ahead after 40 years of abject regression and delusion. There will be a fight and a challenge to overcome. But these are the times that define history. Take heart that you will be able to live through historic times. And there will be opportunities to participate and take advantage of opportunities that will come with a society being opened up again.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I'd say that Obama likely slowed it.

Those who succeed at speeding it up do so through military and social blunders that snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(11-20-2019, 10:13 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: It's taking forever to end. I hate this time period. Any advice on how to kill time until it ends?

Take extended sleep therapy.  Go on a long trip to a place out of time (like Borneo).  Sign-up for classes in subjects you have no knowledge of or interest in.

Or just continue on.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
seriously, forget about generational theory & just live your life ... volunteering helps (everyone has something they care about), take a course, whatever, but don't wait for something to change out there in the world, live for yourself.
"But there's a difference between error and dishonesty, and it's not a trivial difference." - Ben Greenman
"Relax, it'll be all right, and by that I mean it will first get worse."
"How was I supposed to know that there'd be consequences for my actions?" - Gina Linetti
(11-22-2019, 12:58 PM)tg63 Wrote: seriously, forget about generational theory & just live your life ... volunteering helps (everyone has something they care about), take a course, whatever, but don't wait for something to change out there in the world, live for yourself.

Probably good advice, but you have to admit, that's a Gen X approach.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-20-2019, 10:13 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote: It's taking forever to end. I hate this time period. Any advice on how to kill time until it ends?

Which time period do you prefer instead? If you're waiting for the strong institutions of a High, social movements and religious revivals of an Awakening, or the laissez-faire entrepreneurship of an Unraveling, you aren't restricted by the era to act on it. You can apply elements of those to your own life even if it's not part of the mainstream culture yet. I'm highly involved with a Christian group at my college for instance, even though we're not in the Second Turning.

History doesn't write itself anyway, someone has to make it happen.
(11-23-2019, 12:47 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 12:58 PM)tg63 Wrote: seriously, forget about generational theory & just live your life ... volunteering helps (everyone has something they care about), take a course, whatever, but don't wait for something to change out there in the world, live for yourself.

it's almost as though sometimes Gen X actually gets things right!
"But there's a difference between error and dishonesty, and it's not a trivial difference." - Ben Greenman
"Relax, it'll be all right, and by that I mean it will first get worse."
"How was I supposed to know that there'd be consequences for my actions?" - Gina Linetti
The 4T goes on and on because it's low intensity. The last 4T was short but brutal. Take your pick.
(12-02-2019, 12:47 PM)Bill the Piper Wrote: The 4T goes on and on because it's low intensity. The last 4T was short but brutal. Take your pick.

Hitler ended the last 4T too soon by invading the West in the Battle of the Bulge. Absent that, he could have held out for another year or two. If you include up to 1946, the previous 4T lasted 17 years, and could have lasted another two. This one runs from 2008 to 2029, 21 years. Not so much more.

The 1T was very good and strong from a 1T point of view, but it was cut short by two years as well, because of the JFK assassination. That meant that the cycle up to then was shortened, and this generated a longer 3T. And because our 4T is like the one in the 1850s-60s, it seems phony or low intensity until a more severe domestic crisis climax due to happen in the mid-2020s, just as the 1850s didn't seem like a 4T either because the civil war was postponed.

It all has to do with the signs Neptune is in, and when some major Uranus-Pluto aspects happen, and of course the return of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto to their natal US positions. And due to other things of course, not just astrology Smile

But astrology is the cosmic clock, and we are connected to the cosmos around us. Nothing is local or isolated.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-25-2019, 12:57 PM)tg63 Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 12:47 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

it's almost as though sometimes Gen X actually gets things right!

Hard to believe, but I guess I have to admit it Smile

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(12-02-2019, 06:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 12:47 PM)Bill the Piper Wrote: The 4T goes on and on because it's low intensity. The last 4T was short but brutal. Take your pick.

Hitler ended the last 4T too soon by invading the West in the Battle of the Bulge. Absent that, he could have held out for another year or two. If you include up to 1946, the previous 4T lasted 17 years, and could have lasted another two. This one runs from 2008 to 2029, 21 years. Not so much more.

The 1T was very good and strong from a 1T point of view, but it was cut short by two years as well, because of the JFK assassination. That meant that the cycle up to then was shortened, and this generated a longer 3T. And because our 4T is like the one in the 1850s-60s, it seems phony or low intensity until a more severe domestic crisis climax due to happen in the mid-2020s, just as the 1850s didn't seem like a 4T either because the civil war was postponed.

It all has to do with the signs Neptune is in, and when some major Uranus-Pluto aspects happen, and of course the return of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto to their natal US positions. And due to other things of course, not just astrology Smile

But astrology is the cosmic clock, and we are connected to the cosmos around us. Nothing is local or isolated.

How and when things resolve in the US will be determined by the 2020 election.  The rest of the world has its own demons to conquer, so the timelines may vary, but I can't see this lasting until 2029, unless the outcome is tragic.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(12-02-2019, 12:47 PM)Bill the Piper Wrote: The 4T goes on and on because it's low intensity. The last 4T was short but brutal. Take your pick.

I guess the only good thing is more than half of it is over. If it began in 2005 according to you and it ends in 2028 or 2029 then that's 23 or 24 years of a 4T. Only 8-9 more years to go once we hit 2020.
(12-03-2019, 01:02 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 06:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

How and when things resolve in the US will be determined by the 2020 election.  The rest of the world has its own demons to conquer, so the timelines may vary, but I can't see this lasting until 2029, unless the outcome is tragic.

We got a partial solution to the Degeneracy that America ended up rejecting. We may have a short time from Regeneracy (which could be as early as the winter of 2021) to a decisive climax.

Note well: the end of the Second World War is still short of 75 years in the past. If 2007 and 1929 (peaks for share prices and the starts of economic meltdowns with similar cause and severity at the outset) were 78 years apart, then we are still decisively short of the climax of the Crisis, when the unforeseen suddenly begins to look inevitable.  The eighty-year rule has yet to be disproved.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

How did I miss this? @Aspie, the reason it takes so long is the fact that many Artists (the Silents) are still alive and powerful. Check out that one thread in my sig.
(12-11-2019, 08:05 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: How did I miss this? @Aspie, the reason it takes so long is the fact that many Artists (the Silents) are still alive and powerful. Check out that one thread in my sig.

So any turning will last longer because people are living longer.

We need to be free of Silents to have 1T.
We need to be free of Boomers to have 2T.
We need to be free of Xers to have 3T.

Because otherwise the old generation would tell the younger ones how to do "their" turning right, essentially trying to move the clock of history back.
(12-11-2019, 10:21 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 08:05 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: How did I miss this? @Aspie, the reason it takes so long is the fact that many Artists (the Silents) are still alive and powerful. Check out that one thread in my sig.

So any turning will last longer because people are living longer.

We need to be free of Silents to have 1T.
We need to be free of Boomers to have 2T.
We need to be free of Xers to have 3T.

Because otherwise the old generation would tell the younger ones how to do "their" turning right, essentially trying to move the clock of history back.

You're one generation off. I rather say: We need to be free of Silents to have a real 4T. These people don't want anyone to get hurt, esp. not themselves and their fat bank accounts. So forget about making yuge changes as usual during a Crisis.

It really seems that humans need a generation without the talents of a specific archetype to appreciate what they're doing. Hence, a Crisis is a time without much art and sophistication (for lacking adult Artists); a High a time without spirituality [and where's the problem with that?] (for lacking adult "Prophets"); an "Awakening" a time without a clue about reality [argh!] (for lacking adult Nomads); and an Unraveling a time without civic spirit (for lacking adult Heroes).
My own thought is that by the the time a generation of a given archetype comes of age, the (surviving members) of the previous same-archetype generation will be very old. Such survivors might conceivably inspire the younger generation, but will be otherwise too old to have any leverage.
I do not see GI influence in any way pernicious upon the Millennial Generation. Millennial adults are going to see in their GI predecessors the means of creating an economically-better (if spiritually-deficient) world. Millennial adults are going to solve economic inequity through politics -- and maybe revive labor unions as the only means for challenging the class privilege of people devoid of empathy, personal restraint, or overall decency. I do not know when the Civic-Adaptive line runs yet -- but the Silent seem to follow the GI practice of staying active intellectually and physically as much as possible, and they have not left the scene. We could finally have a Silent President in 2021... which would be a big improvement over the Great Narcissist.

If anything, Lost influence upon X was less than might have been good for X. Lost grannies and grandpas who couldn't make the move across country when Americans were being transferred between Arlington, Texas and Arlington, Virginia readily were being consigned quietly and neglectfully to the "Home for the Golden Years"... (there really is a chain of such places) to be out of sight and out of mind.

We don't now so neglect the elderly. Members of my family would have me carted off to the "rest home" if they could get away with it because I can get in the way of a good time. Maybe that sort of neglect will happen anew when the X start reaching or even approaching old age.

(12-12-2019, 07:58 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: It really seems that humans need a generation without the talents of a specific archetype to appreciate what they're doing. Hence, a Crisis is a time without much art and sophistication (for lacking adult Artists); a High a time without spirituality [and where's the problem with that?] (for lacking adult "Prophets"); an "Awakening" a time without a clue about reality [argh!] (for lacking adult Nomads); and an Unraveling a time without civic spirit (for lacking adult Heroes).

There is art and creativity in every turning, and I don't believe the High is a time without spirituality.  The last High certainly had a decided religious vein, if in a conventional Billy Graham sort of way.  Yes, the Unraveling was a time somewhat lacking in civic spirit, but I think this actually started in the 2T, when we saw the first rebellions against civic conformity (one hears a lot from Boomers about how bland and boring the 1950s were).  This individualistic spirit continued into the 3T, when it entered the business and political world.