Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Coronavirus
(03-19-2021, 03:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 11:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 02:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 4f845b82fc10854406c40b90e0ab90a3a592fc3e...=800&h=442]

[Image: 64da2715c78fb10a1c9b910b66ed330afa81f76b...=800&h=343]

Stupid leadership gets people killed.
Yep. Stupid leadership gets people killed. I don't think it's wise to open borders to migrants who have COVID and release them by thousands like Biden is doing today. Oh. BTW, partisan hack like you who support and turn a blind to what their stupid leaders are doing that seriously contradicts their positions deserve whatever bad happens/occurs to them.

Personally, if I were the president, I would shut off all travel or migration to and from the USA right now, unless such travelers passed a covid test or showed a vaccination card. And if I were governor of California I would shut off all travel to and from Texas and Mississippi and all the other dork red states whose dorky Republican governors have prematurely opened up their states for the covid virus to come on in, unless the travelers showed the same credentials.

Great cartoons there, Mr. Brower Smile

Yep. He picked some great cartoons that can be easily turned around and used against him today. Unfortunately, you're not the President. You're just another worthless partisan hack like PB who elected the stupid leadership that's completely fucking up the possibility of the country remaining one country who don't realize they're on the verge of losing the bulk of their rights and legal protections associated with the American side when the American side votes to formally part ways with the Democratic party all together. I hope you are fully prepared for the nasty stretch road that lays ahead for those associated with the Democratic party.

I praised Republican Governors of Indiana and Ohio for going along quickly and thoroughly with their Democratic counterparts in Kentucky, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.  Except for West Virginia American Governors of both Parties from Grand Forks in the northwest to Paducah in the southwest to Virginia Beach in the southeast have done as well as possible in establishing an Iron Curtain against COVID-19.

I wish that Texas state government had acted like Ohio state government. The editorial swipes have been at states like Florida, South Dakota, and Texas who botched the response to COVID-19... and to people who ran counter to political leadership that said "Stay home", "Use a mask in public", and "Do social distancing". Nearly 550 thousand people are now deceased, some of them for failing to take appropriate precautions against COVID-19.

When one does right as a politician in conducting a war or foreign policy, then I do not carp about partisan concerns. George Herbert Walker Bush deserved a Nobel Peace prize for his handling of the fall of Communism even more than Barack Obama did for... OK, I think that Obama deserved a Nobel Prize instead for economics. Maybe if he did prevent a 1929-1932 economic meltdown he did stop the rise of a Hitler or two. 

I can be as critical of Big Business for its political objectives, but if I had to choose between the behavior of Donald Trump and Big Business in dealing with COVID-19, then I would go with Big Business, which played it safe with COVID-19  instead of putting customers at risk. 

Joe Biden is doing far better than Donald Trump in uniting this country. Millions of Americans now have the shared experience of inoculation for COVID-19. OK, I will give credit to the medical profession, medical science, and to Big Business for heroism, hard work, and wisdom. Now... what did Trump do right about COVID-19?   

Negligent homicide... negligent homicide.

Right. Except the reports I have heard say that West Virginia is doing well against covid too.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-21-2021, 05:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Right. Except the reports I have heard say that West Virginia is doing well against covid too.

Yes and no.  WV opted to vaccinate using smaller independent pharmacies.  It was a winning play (and one I participated in as well -- though not in WV).  This ramped-up the rural uptake dramatically, but is not as successful in the few urban areas of the state.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-05-2021, 02:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 4f845b82fc10854406c40b90e0ab90a3a592fc3e...=800&h=442]

Yep. Stupid leadership gets people killed. I don't think it's wise to open borders to migrants who have COVID and release them by thousands like Biden is doing today. Oh. BTW, partisan hack like you who support and turn a blind to what their stupid leaders are doing that seriously contradicts their positions deserve whatever bad happens/occurs to them.

Biden's immigration policy is barely any different from Trump's. Lmfao.

Quote: [color=var(--color-ui-gray-darkest)]CARRIZO SPRINGS, Tex. — Dozens of migrant teens boarded vans Monday for the trip down a dusty road to a former man camp for oil field workers here, the first migrant child facility opened under the Biden administration.[/color]
Support our journalism. Subscribe today.
[color=var(--color-ui-gray-darkest)]The emergency facility — a vestige of the Trump administration that was open for only a month in summer 2019 — is being reactivated to hold up to 700 children ages 13 to 17.[/color]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...story.html

It's all the same right-wing bullshit. Trump had camps, Biden has camps. Trump had pro-business stimulus spending, Biden has pro-business stimulus spending. In true Democratic fashion (for after all, it was the Democratic Party which accomplished the Republican goals of NAFTA, the "end of welfare as we know it", etc.) these camps will be open for a lot longer than "just a month in 2019".

Just to correct the record in case anyone believes Classic Xer's lies: The Secretary of Homeland Security came on the PBS Newshour and stated that all the children being held are tested for covid and quarantined if necessary. All the others, families and singles, are being sent back. The border is not open now.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-24-2021, 02:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Just to correct the record in case anyone believes Classic Xer's lies: The Secretary of Homeland Security came on the PBS Newshour and stated that all the children being held are tested for covid and quarantined if necessary. All the others, families and singles, are being sent back. The border is not open now.

Nor will it be. Because Biden is basically indistinguishable on policy from Trump.
Einzige -- These people are going to the part of the USA that extends most southward into Latin America (and in some ways, far-South Texas is really a part of Latin America -- into a state that has handled COVID-19 among the worst among the States.

Did you know that Hilton Head, South Carolina is at the same latitude as Tijuana, Mexico? A little geography lesson.

In any event, Donald Trump and Joe Biden see the border mess differently.

I see a cause in people wanting to leave dangerous communities in Central America, a veritable war zone because of drug traffickers. The blood money is coming from American addicts. If we can solve that problem, then Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras become safe-enough places.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-24-2021, 05:39 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Einzige -- These people are going to the part of the USA that extends most southward into Latin America (and in some ways, far-South Texas is really a part of Latin America -- into a state that has handled COVID-19 among the worst among the States.

Did you know that Hilton Head, South Carolina is at the same latitude as Tijuana, Mexico? A little geography lesson.

In any event, Donald Trump and Joe Biden see the border mess differently.

I see a cause in people wanting to leave dangerous communities in Central America, a veritable war zone because of drug traffickers. The blood money is coming from American addicts. If we can solve that problem, then Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras become safe-enough places.

I'm not so sure about that. They also have tyrants as rulers, which the USA helped facilitate, and also severe weather and climate change problems. But I suppose the gang violence and drug wars are the main problem, along with endemic poverty and inequality which the regimes protect.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Einzige Wrote:

Nor will it be. Because Biden is basically indistinguishable on policy from Trump.

And you are basically indistinguishable from Classic Xer, Cynic Hero and the libertarian. One fanatic troll sounds just like another after a while.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-25-2021, 03:32 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Einzige Wrote: Nor will it be. Because Biden is basically indistinguishable on policy from Trump.

And you are basically indistinguishable from Classic Xer, Cynic Hero and the libertarian. One fanatic troll sounds just like another after a while.

Well, I don't have any trouble telling the difference between Biden and Trump.  That must be a clue that the ideology blinds one to it.

Also, if you take the fanatic trolls seriously, you use different language and arguments depending on which troll you are responding to.  The only question is if you have enough energy to take them seriously?  COVID's shutting down of many activities has left me with nothing better to do than respond to the trolls.  I just signed up for my vaccine shot, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Do COVID vaccines kill trolls?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(03-19-2021, 03:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Personally, if I were the president, I would shut off all travel or migration to and from the USA right now, unless such travelers passed a covid test or showed a vaccination card. And if I were governor of California I would shut off all travel to and from Texas and Mississippi and all the other dork red states whose dorky Republican governors have prematurely opened up their states for the covid virus to come on in, unless the travelers showed the same credentials.

Great cartoons there, Mr. Brower Smile

Yep. He picked some great cartoons that can be easily turned around and used against him today. Unfortunately, you're not the President. You're just another worthless partisan hack like PB who elected the stupid leadership that's completely fucking up the possibility of the country remaining one country who don't realize they're on the verge of losing the bulk of their rights and legal protections associated with the American side when the American side votes to formally part ways with the Democratic party all together. I hope you are fully prepared for the nasty stretch road that lays ahead for those associated with the Democratic party.

I praised Republican Governors of Indiana and Ohio for going along quickly and thoroughly with their Democratic counterparts in Kentucky, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.  Except for West Virginia American Governors of both Parties from Grand Forks in the northwest to Paducah in the southwest to Virginia Beach in the southeast have done as well as possible in establishing an Iron Curtain against COVID-19.

I wish that Texas state government had acted like Ohio state government. The editorial swipes have been at states like Florida, South Dakota, and Texas who botched the response to COVID-19... and to people who ran counter to political leadership that said "Stay home", "Use a mask in public", and "Do social distancing". Nearly 550 thousand people are now deceased, some of them for failing to take appropriate precautions against COVID-19.

When one does right as a politician in conducting a war or foreign policy, then I do not carp about partisan concerns. George Herbert Walker Bush deserved a Nobel Peace prize for his handling of the fall of Communism even more than Barack Obama did for... OK, I think that Obama deserved a Nobel Prize instead for economics. Maybe if he did prevent a 1929-1932 economic meltdown he did stop the rise of a Hitler or two. 

I can be as critical of Big Business for its political objectives, but if I had to choose between the behavior of Donald Trump and Big Business in dealing with COVID-19, then I would go with Big Business, which played it safe with COVID-19  instead of putting customers at risk. 

Joe Biden is doing far better than Donald Trump in uniting this country. Millions of Americans now have the shared experience of inoculation for COVID-19. OK, I will give credit to the medical profession, medical science, and to Big Business for heroism, hard work, and wisdom. Now... what did Trump do right about COVID-19?   

Negligent homicide... negligent homicide.
You should thank Trump for you're newly found sense of freedom or sense of emotional relief in your case and thank God that bumbling Joe Biden wasn't  in charge ( the decision maker) during the initial crisis phase  I've already written off 45% (the Democratic Base) of the population as unwanted, unneeded, ideologically backward minded, self centered/narcissist, clueless, racist, sexist, individual contributors to global warning and poverty do to their mere existence and view the bulk them (including yourself and the others here and the Democratic leadership ) as a national liability/threat and therefore expendable at this point.

As I've mentioned before, I don't view you and Enzige as being all that far apart as the issues and your personal beliefs and your goals. If he was a she or he was a minority voter of some sort, the two of you would be more in tune with each other and more or less blood brothers or comrades vs primary competitors among political factions like the two of you represent today.
(03-25-2021, 09:42 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Einzige Wrote: Nor will it be. Because Biden is basically indistinguishable on policy from Trump.

Well, I don't have any trouble telling the difference between Biden and Trump.  That must be a clue that the ideology blinds one to it.

Also, if you take the fanatic trolls seriously, you use different language and arguments depending on which troll you are responding to.  The only question is if you have enough energy to take them seriously?  COVID's shutting down of many activities has left me with nothing better to do than respond to the trolls.  I just signed up for my vaccine shot, so we'll have to see how it goes.

I don't have any trouble telling the difference between them either. As far as I can see, the risks associated with the vaccine are about the same as the risks associated with COVID19. As far as trolls, the term doesn't apply to either of us. You see, we are both committed to a cause and we are both destined to collide once again aka doing whatever it takes to soundly defeat or destroy the other. It's to bad that it will have to come to blows and it's to bad there can only be one victor and it's to bad that there will be no forgiveness extended to the losers either.
(03-25-2021, 02:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

I don't have any trouble telling the difference between them either. As far as I can see, the risks associated with the vaccine are about the same as the risks associated with COVID19. As far as trolls, the term doesn't apply to either of us. You see, we are both committed to a cause and we are both destined to collide once again aka doing whatever it takes to soundly defeat or destroy the other. It's to bad that it will have to come to blows and it's to bad there can only be one victor and it's to bad that there will be no forgiveness extended to the losers either.

Most of those getting infected or sick now are people who haven't gotten the vaccine. I get my second shot tomorrow if all goes well. One report on a TV network said out of about 15,000 health care workers who got the vaccine, only 7 tested positive. So if the trolls like Classic Xer don't get themselves vaccinated, they can infect each other and reduce their own numbers and that will probably suit the rest of us OK. Fewer Republican votes, then.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

So, how many years have you've been free and able to fuck up and screw yourself and get away with it so far?

Well as the virus has killed over about 2.5 million and the virus vaccines have had 2,216 deaths reported, I figure for a fanatic troll a thousand to one would be hard to distinguish.  Who would quibble over a mere three orders of magnitude with a fanatic troll?

While trolls may be committed to the perceived inevitability of conflict, I apparently don't count.  I anticipate no such conflict.  As they are so stubborn in clinging to their beliefs, in many cases there will be no victor as the fanatic beliefs will continue on indefinitely.  Even the progressives advocating Biden's regeneracy will not wipe out the kooks this crisis.  The best they will be able to do is reduce the conservative old values to obsolete, to create another class of people accepted as kooks, if still dangerous ones.

At that is what has happened in previous crises.

On another site I described how US Civil War historian Shelby Foote described Abe Lincoln and Confederate General Forrest's to a descendent of the general.  They were described as being the two great geniuses who best represented the two cultures of their time.  He may have waxed poetic a bit.  Anyway, the response was to the point.  "We don't talk about That Man."  One can fanatically cling to obsolete perspectives for a long time.  One is not going to kill the perspectives.  One can only make the point of view obsolete.  Of course, Marxism is already obsolete.  The conservative viewpoint will have to wait until the crisis is over the hump.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(03-25-2021, 02:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Most of those getting infected or sick now are people who haven't gotten the vaccine. I get my second shot tomorrow if all goes well. One report on a TV network said out of about 15,000 health care workers who got the vaccine, only 7 tested positive. So if the trolls like Classic Xer don't get themselves vaccinated, they can infect each other and reduce their own numbers and that will probably suit the rest of us OK.
We're not trolls, we are both soldiers in a cause. You should know that, should have already figured that out about us by now. Your tool is this (the  internet) and only this. You don't have the capability or aptitude or attitude to do anything other than this these days. My tool is this or that and whatever else it takes to bring an untimely end to a political regime (plutocracy) and force it and it's millions of believers/followers to it's knees.

Did the pesky bug stop us (kill us) or freak us out yet? As far as I'm concerned, the COVID crisis is over thanks to Trump. You can try to drag it out and continue trying to exploit it or continue trying to exploit it and continue pretending that it's way worse and way more deadly than it actually is like you've been doing for over a year now. We still have a much nastier war that's going to be fought within blue territories over the future of America. BTW, the bulk of us already infected other and survived the endeavor because the bulk of us are in much better shape and less needy than the bulk of you these days.
(03-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 11:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Yep. Stupid leadership gets people killed. I don't think it's wise to open borders to migrants who have COVID and release them by thousands like Biden is doing today. Oh. BTW, partisan hack like you who support and turn a blind to what their stupid leaders are doing that seriously contradicts their positions deserve whatever bad happens/occurs to them.

As I've mentioned before, I don't view you and Enzige as being all that far apart as the issues and your personal beliefs and your goals. If he was a she or he was a minority voter of some sort, the two of you would be more in tune with each other and more or less blood brothers or comrades vs primary competitors among political factions  like the two of you represent today.

Too bad--- neither of us sees it that way. But it depends from how far away from us you are looking. You are pretty far away from both of us ideologically. But you have trollness in common with Einzige. That is your wonderful bond.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-25-2021, 03:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 02:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 03:32 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: And you are basically indistinguishable from Classic Xer, Cynic Hero and the libertarian. One fanatic troll sounds just like another after a while.

Most of those getting infected or sick now are people who haven't gotten the vaccine. I get my second shot tomorrow if all goes well. One report on a TV network said out of about 15,000 health care workers who got the vaccine, only 7 tested positive. So if the trolls like Classic Xer don't get themselves vaccinated, they can infect each other and reduce their own numbers and that will probably suit the rest of us OK.
We're not trolls, we are both soldiers in a cause. You should know that, should have already figured that out about us by now. Your tool is this (the  internet) and only this. You don't have the capability or aptitude or attitude to do anything other than this these days. My tool is this or that and whatever else it takes to bring an untimely end to a political regime (plutocracy) and force it and it's millions of believers/followers to it's knees.

Did the pesky bug stop us (kill us) or freak us out yet? As far as I'm concerned, the COVID crisis is over thanks to Trump. You can try to drag it out and continue trying to exploit it or continue trying to exploit it and continue pretending that it's way worse and way more deadly than it actually is like you've been doing for over a year now. We still have a much nastier war that's going to be fought within blue territories over the future of America. BTW, the bulk of us already infected other and survived the endeavor because the bulk of us are in much better shape and less needy than the bulk of you these days.

Your side supports the plutocracy, and to the death. Your hope rests with the plutocracy, and you worship it and fall down on your knees before it. Besides guns, the plutocracy is your only devotion.

And I'm afraid the red states are far more likely to fall to covid, because of your poor leadership. That may not be counting Cuomo from our side, though. And red states have far worse health; that is clear from the stats we have posted. Of course, the red states in the south are in far worse shape than the red states up in your neck of the woods.

As far as you're concerned, the crisis is over because of Trump? You give him credit, and the only thing he did right was support the scientists who created the vaccines quickly. Does that mean you have taken it? Most people, you realize, have taken it since Biden became president. I think you refuse to take it now that he's president, just so that he won't get the credit!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-25-2021, 02:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't have any trouble telling the difference between them either. As far as I can see, the risks associated with the vaccine are about the same as the risks associated with COVID19. As far as trolls, the term doesn't apply to either of us. You see, we are both committed to a cause and we are both destined to collide once again aka doing whatever it takes to soundly defeat or destroy the other. It's to bad that it will have to come to blows and it's to bad there can only be one victor and it's to bad that there will be no forgiveness extended to the losers either.

Climbing into the RW media for something to hang a hat on here, and found this Anecdotum Profundum.  Apparently, anything even vaguely linked to a vaccine is immediately identified as "the cause".   Of course, there is no actual evidence, and at least a few reactions are to be expected (we have many annual deaths ascribed legitimately to allergic reactions to virtually anything you can imagine).

Even accepting everyone of these as true (which is close to zero probability), they would represent deaths many orders of magnitude less than the virus.  So feel free to go bare, and hope for the best.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-25-2021, 03:31 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Too bad--- neither of us sees it that way. But it depends from how far away from us you are looking. You are pretty far away from both of us ideologically. But you have trollness in common with Einzige. That is your wonderful bond.

What is a troll?  One who is totally committed to his world view and tries to export it?  While that is likely not what you are talking about, we are all trolls by that definition.  

You also get a lot of frustrated trolls.  Few change worldviews short of their total failure which has not yet happened this crisis.  The regeneracy might be Biden's first 100 days.  While I don't see a long crisis, the crisis heart has barely begun.

What would peak the crisis?  Trump's Big Lie is discredited?  The Republican senators realize putting party ahead of country and sticking with a plan of partisanship and obstruction is a really bad idea?  COVID being truly suppressed?  The police immunity being cut back to make them accountable?  A large dent being put in systematic racism?  What is the slowest of the above, and when do you see it happening?  When will the progressive values be generally accepted?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nevada governor limits malaria drugs for coronavirus patients girlmonday 0 812 03-06-2021, 04:00 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Coronavirus shows government is a problem, not the solution pmc 7 2,424 03-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T sbarrera 25 8,638 03-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Warren Dew