Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Eric The Green Wins "Butthurt" Award
A couple of weeks ago I unfriended him on facebook because he kept calling me a "Boomer" for refusing to support Comrade Bernie.

Yes, it's true that I don't support him - and I'm dang proud to say that I don't.  But then he falsely claimed that I support Biden - when in fact I have already formally endorsed Brian Carroll, the candidate of the American Solidarity Party, which is progressive on economic issues but conservative on social issues.  While not "sectarian" per se, the ASP draws its agenda heavily on both two papal encyclicals - Pope Leo XIII's Rerum Novarum and Pope Pius XI's Quadragesimo Anno - and the Roman Catholic doctrine of the four sins that cry out to heaven for vengeance - willful murder, the sin of Sodom, oppression of the poor, and defrauding laborers of their wages.

If I had to select the pure political philosophers, as opposed to career politicians, who have shaped who I am, philosophically and politically, I would cite both Arthur Schlesingers - Sr. and Jr. (whose "containment" strategy won the Cold War) - Walt Rostow (whose 1960 bestseller The Five Stages Of Economic Growth: A Non-Communist Manifesto totally debunked the myth of "trickle-down" economics two decades before the term was even coined), Daniel Patrick Moynihan (who wanted to return to two mail deliveries a day to create jobs, yet concomitantly bemoaned "defining deviancy down"), Michael Novak (who rightfully took Pope John Paul II to task for his belief in laissez-faire capitalism), Mike Royko, and, most of all, Michael Lind (a Baby Buster who, in Up From Conservatism: Why The Right Is Wrong For America, quoted Marvin Harris, who, in Why Nothing Works: The Anthropology Of Daily Life, was the first prominent observer to debunk the 1946-64 "baby boom" myth).

Hardly a Boomer's resume, is it?

So, realizing that I had unfriended him, ETG sent me a PM on here, calling me a Boomer again - whereupon I put him on my Ignore list.

Dude, you want some cheese with that whine?
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892