Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
Problems are solved in fourth turnings, led by prophets. In first turnings, people conform and do business as usual, structured according to the solutions made in the fourth turning.

If you define "problems" as bickering per se, rather than solutions established and victories achieved for progress at great cost and bickering, then yes, in a 1T bickering ends, relatively speaking, and if that's the only problem you want solved, then the 1T is for you.

Steady economic progress is very possible in first turnings. Wars do not end, but they are smaller. But as soon as a first turning begins, activism is put on hold and no further challenges to authority or the status quo are allowed. Problems fester and are swept under the rug. No problems get solved.

Since nomads have a cynical view of prophets and of life in general, they sometimes don't have a very broad view of history and cycles, and often have a pessimistic view of being able to deal with real problems.

These days, when nomads are at a peak in our population compared to usual, I observe a general trend toward a dark view of the future. By contrast, in the Awakening, when prophets were coming of age, with artists and heroes in high places, there was great enthusiasm for achieving the highest potential of which humans are capable, and optimism about achieving things or entering a new age.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,264 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin