Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Republicans do
(02-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 02:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
Quote:--& you know this how? Comey never said the charges were false & distorted. He just chose not to reccommend prosceution. Not that Lynch was gonna proscecute anyhow

The charges were false. Not going there again; been over it thoroughly.

--iow you don't have a source..

Eric Wrote:
Quote:I never said (he) got screwed over by the DNC bcuz (he) didn't.  DNC pimped her all the way & we are stuck with the Donald as a result

I said "she" I meant "he" is what you said. No his (Bernie's) loss is not "as a result" of the DNC. Yes the DNC was against him; it didn't make any difference. Been over it already.

-- you were trying to imply that l was bringing up the hildabitch. I wasn't. That was you.  Personally l wish she'd fall into a black hole so that ppl like you would just forget about her & stop whining about her to the rest of us.
<snip>

Black holes are massive, so $hillery just has to get next to
[Image: moore.jpg%7Ec100]

and away she goes. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(02-08-2017, 09:42 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
Quote:--& you know this how? Comey never said the charges were false & distorted. He just chose not to reccommend prosceution. Not that Lynch was gonna proscecute anyhow

Eric Wrote:
Quote:I never said (he) got screwed over by the DNC bcuz (he) didn't.  DNC pimped her all the way & we are stuck with the Donald as a result

I said "she" I meant "he" is what you said. No his (Bernie's) loss is not "as a result" of the DNC. Yes the DNC was against him; it didn't make any difference. Been over it already.

-- you were trying to imply that l was bringing up the hildabitch. I wasn't. That was you.  Personally l wish she'd fall into a black hole so that ppl like you would just forget about her & stop whining about her to the rest of us.
<snip>

and away she goes. Cool

-- rofl. Omfg Rags rofl
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart

Quoted it prolifically already here. Not going there again.

Quote:
Eric Wrote:

She has already fallen into a black hole and is gone. You keep bringing her up by saying the DNC caused Hillary and Donald to win and Bernie to lose.

Quote:To recap: X was wondering where our 21 century George Washington is. I have seen in other threads ppl wondering where our Roosevelt is.  I say he got sabotaged. To bring it in line with S&H: we had a chance last yr to have our own Washington/Roosevelt. The DNC shut him down. Not only that they "elevated" (their term) the Donald so that he would be the repug candidate.  So yeah, they stuck us with the Donald. & as a result this 4T is heading down a different path.

Those are facts. In black & white. Read the damn emails instead of arguing with me & anybody else here who mentions them. Angry

Nope, not at all; The Hillary/Putin emails have been read and debunked by me already; not going over it again.

The right-wing is entirely responsible for The Donald and the direction we're going. We need to hang together to defeat them and to rise up in awakening again to truth and justice.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-09-2017, 02:29 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

--is that a promise?

Quote:
Eric Wrote:

[/quote=Eric]

She has already fallen into a black hole and is gone.

-- l wish. If that's so then why are you still whining about her?
Eric Wrote:You keep bringing her up by saying the DNC caused Hillary and Donald to win and Bernie to lose.

-- you need to reread what l posted:

Marypoza Wrote:me--To recap: X was wondering where our 21 century George Washington is. I have seen in other threads ppl wondering where our Roosevelt is.  I say he got sabotaged. To bring it in line with S&H: we had a chance last yr to have our own Washington/Roosevelt. The DNC shut him down. Not only that they "elevated" (their term) the Donald so that he would be the repug candidate.  So yeah, they stuck us with the Donald. & as a result this 4T is heading down a different path
Those are facts. In black & white. Read the damn emails instead of arguing with me & anybody else here who mentions them. Angry

-- that's what l posted. I was referring to Bernie & only Bernie in the context of S&H

Eric Wrote:Nope, not at all; The Hillary/Putin emails have been read and debunked by me already; not going over it again.

-- I was referring to the DNC's emails. Which still stand. I don't know wtf the $hillaryPutin emails are, unless you're referring to that golden shower bs. Yeah those have been debunked. They also have nothing to do with the point l was making
(02-08-2017, 04:53 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 04:29 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 01:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I can't see any confirmation on google news that Sessions wasn't confirmed for AG. We'll see I guess. But Drump seems to get anything he wants from the Republicans.

Bernie read the letter; that's good. I guess their behavior toward Elizabeth did backfire then, if Bernie got away with reading it. Or else, they find it easier to "impugn" a woman than a man??

The entire EW takedown may be an orchestrated attempt to move her to the front of the line for 2020.  Trump has always believed he can beat her easily.  Of course, HRC thought that about The Donald, and we know how that turned out.

Let see, she identified herself as a native American until a DNA test proved that she wasn't native American at all. Who isn't viewed as a blue dip shit these days?

She may or may not be part Indian, but I doubt it's enough to qualify her for "member of the tribe".  That said, I found no evidence that she had a DNA test to verify this one way or the other.  If you have some, please post it.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Marypoza Wrote: To recap: X was wondering where our 21 century George Washington is. I have seen in other threads ppl wondering where our Roosevelt is.  I say he got sabotaged. To bring it in line with S&H: we had a chance last yr to have our own Washington/Roosevelt. The DNC shut him down. Not only that they "elevated" (their term) the Donald so that he would be the repug candidate.  So yeah, they stuck us with the Donald. & as a result this 4T is heading down a different path.

I don't think Bernie had a real shot, to be perfectly frank.  He had a great message, and still does.  If it generates enough support to elect someone, it will  be someone else.  Start looking.  BS and EW are too old to be elected in 2020.  Sherrod Brown perhaps?
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-09-2017, 10:45 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Marypoza Wrote: To recap: X was wondering where our 21 century George Washington is. I have seen in other threads ppl wondering where our Roosevelt is.  I say he got sabotaged. To bring it in line with S&H: we had a chance last yr to have our own Washington/Roosevelt. The DNC shut him down. Not only that they "elevated" (their term) the Donald so that he would be the repug candidate.  So yeah, they stuck us with the Donald. & as a result this 4T is heading down a different path.

I don't think Bernie had a real shot, to be perfectly frank.  He had a great message, and still does.  If it generates enough support to elect someone, it will  be someone else.  Start looking.  BS and EW are too old to be elected in 2020.  Sherrod Brown perhaps?

-- l'm down with that. But then l'm partial to my homeboy Sherrod so......   Smile
Eric sez he's got good  #s so we'll see

Yep, Sherrod 4 Prez & Dennis or Nina can fill his Senate seat. Unless they are Guv & Lt Guv that is (that race is next yr)
(02-08-2017, 11:25 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 11:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Republicans have "impugned" Elizabeth Warren and tried to silence Democrats because she read the letter from Coretta Scott King opposing Jeff Sessions nomination to be a judge, a position to which he was not confirmed. Can you believe that? If they did this, then the Republicans have impugned themselves for all time; which they have done anyway by approving the worst cabinet appointments ever made.

No-one should have any doubt, IMO, that the Republicans are a menace to democracy and all American values.

Debate in the Senate is being silenced. How long before the USA becomes Russia, or Syria?

-- l thought Sessions was up 4 AG. Anyhow it's good he wasn't confirmed, unlike Bimbo Betsy

& Bernie read the letter so it's all good Smile

-- not just Bernie, but my homeboy Sherrod, Merkley, & another male Sen:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...nterrupted

Methinks we got a case of sexism going on here Angry
(02-09-2017, 09:05 AM)Marypoza Wrote:

--is that a promise?

Quote:
Eric Wrote:

[/quote=Eric]

Eric Wrote:You keep bringing her up by saying the DNC caused Hillary and Donald to win and Bernie to lose.

Marypoza Wrote:me--To recap: X was wondering where our 21 century George Washington is. I have seen in other threads ppl wondering where our Roosevelt is.  I say he got sabotaged. To bring it in line with S&H: we had a chance last yr to have our own Washington/Roosevelt. The DNC shut him down. Not only that they "elevated" (their term) the Donald so that he would be the repug candidate.  So yeah, they stuck us with the Donald. & as a result this 4T is heading down a different path

-- that's what l posted. I was referring to Bernie & only Bernie in the context of S&H

Eric Wrote:Nope, not at all; The Hillary/Putin emails have been read and debunked by me already; not going over it again.

-- I was referring to the DNC's emails. Which still stand. I don't know wtf the $hillaryPutin emails are, unless you're referring to that golden shower bs. Yeah those have been debunked. They also have nothing to do with the point l was making

"Hillary/Putin emails" refers to icky-leaks. They were never significant as far as truth is concerned; just Putin hacking and a factor in Donald's win. The email server issue has also been thoroughly debunked. So the issue now is, are we going to see that Drump's victory is the result of the powerful right-wing movement that has shut our country down for 21 of the last 22 years and more, or are we going to blame the DNC for some insignificant behavior that had no effect on the election, and keep on arguing about it?

We need to realize where we are. Our country is in severe danger. All our values are under attack from the Republicans. A strong and unified Left is needed, and it needs to:

1) not be squabbling with each other over what the DNC did in the past, or who should have won or not, etc., but be a unified front together from now on, and know who the opposition is, and stop the tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum contentions, and

2) Be strong and progressive and not back down, active from now on, with a backbone and guts etc., and speak to, take a stand on, and act on the real economic and other concerns that people have.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-09-2017, 12:16 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 11:25 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 11:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The Republicans have "impugned" Elizabeth Warren and tried to silence Democrats because she read the letter from Coretta Scott King opposing Jeff Sessions nomination to be a judge, a position to which he was not confirmed. Can you believe that? If they did this, then the Republicans have impugned themselves for all time; which they have done anyway by approving the worst cabinet appointments ever made.

No-one should have any doubt, IMO, that the Republicans are a menace to democracy and all American values.

Debate in the Senate is being silenced. How long before the USA becomes Russia, or Syria?

-- l thought Sessions was up 4 AG. Anyhow it's good he wasn't confirmed, unlike Bimbo Betsy

& Bernie read the letter so it's all good Smile

-- not just Bernie, but my homeboy Sherrod, Merkley, & another male Sen:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...nterrupted

Methinks we got a case of sexism going on here Angry

Methinks so as well.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Eric Wrote:

<snip>

and away she goes. Cool

Don't count out Michael. He's got good horoscope numbers and so would even be a surprisingly good prez candidate. And he speaks to the Rust Belt people, and is one of them. He's good; don't discount him. He speaks the truth in just the way it's needed today. He's got our back and deserves our back.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-09-2017, 01:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 09:05 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 02:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The charges were false. Not going there again; been over it thoroughly.

--is that a promise?

Quote:
Eric Wrote:

[/quote=Eric]

"Hillary/Putin emails" refers to icky-leaks. They were never significant as far as truth is concerned; just Putin hacking and a factor in Donald's win. The email server issue has also been thoroughly debunked. So the issue now is, are we going to see that Drump's victory is the result of the powerful right-wing movement that has shut our country down for 21 of the last 22 years and more, or are we going to blame the DNC for some insignificant behavior that had no effect on the election, and keep on arguing about it?

-- ok yes, the Putin stuff had been debunked,  but l wasn't referring to any of that anyhow. The email server, no. Infact now the Donald is catching flak for using an unsecured server

Eric Wrote:We need to realize where we are. Our country is in severe danger. All our values are under attack from the Republicans. A strong and unified Left is needed, and it needs to:

1) not be squabbling with each other over what the DNC did in the past, or who should have won or not, etc., but be a unified front together from now on, and know who the opposition is, and stop the tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum contentions, and

2) Be strong and progressive and not back down, active from now on, with a backbone and guts etc., and speak to, take a stand on, and act on the real economic and other concerns that people have.

-- http://www.newslogue.com/debate/332/CaitlinJohnstone
(02-09-2017, 10:45 AM)David Horn Wrote:

Ok then how about as a meme?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-...bb1816c2d9
(02-04-2017, 02:05 AM)Galen Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 01:30 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 06:06 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 01:55 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I have no issue with Gorsuch.

This was the first thing Trump did right.

I give credit where it is due.

IIRC, he'd be the first Xer on the court. Hopefully he'd be more inclined towards rationalism.

Also toward limited government and indiviidual liberty.  All good things.  Hopefully we get more Xers on the court soon.

Eric the Obtuse always has oppose individual liberty but he loves more government.  More Xers on the court should cause his head to explode.

(02-09-2017, 01:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Eric Wrote:

<snip>

and away she goes. Cool

Don't count out Michael. He's got good horoscope numbers and so would even be a surprisingly good prez candidate. And he speaks to the Rust Belt people, and is one of them. He's good; don't discount him. He speaks the truth in just the way it's needed today. He's got our back and deserves our back.
Moore will be 63 this April. We need young blood in the Democratic party (or whatever vehicle carries the mainstream progressive candidate.)
We need people of all ages, especially genuine Boomer idealist leaders like Moore.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We need people of all ages, especially genuine Boomer idealist leaders like Moore.
True. However, I would like the POTUS to be on the younger side.
(02-13-2017, 01:43 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We need people of all ages, especially genuine Boomer idealist leaders like Moore.
True. However, I would like the POTUS to be on the younger side.

I would like him or her to be an effective campaigner who understands what the people need, and a good president.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-09-2017, 10:45 AM)David Horn Wrote:

Sherrod is 3 1/2 years younger than Warren, who is 8 years younger than Sanders. Sherrod may be a possible winner, and has a Rust Belt advantage, but I am concerned about his ability as a speaker.

I am still waiting for David to say whether his VA governor is someone he could get behind. He may not be. But I do look at his horoscope score, and I see that he has the best chance, if he throws his hat in. He's 4 1/4 years younger than Sherrod.

I think Hillary was a weak candidate, for various reasons. Trump was vulnerable, but his better score carried the day. Someone in Hillary's range politically, but who could be a convincing speaker and good with people like Bill was, would have a good chance, whereas Hillary herself did not have as good a chance. As Trump, Reagan, JFK, and even Bill and George W. proved, show biz counts in the presidential election race.

McAuliffe might not be progressive enough for folks like Marypoza, or even myself (depending on your definition of progressive, I guess). And he does have some scandals in his background, in the tradition of the Clintons. But he might be progressive enough to get us back moving forward, and others will appear later and fill the lower ranks that could push things even further in the 2020s.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-13-2017, 01:43 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We need people of all ages, especially genuine Boomer idealist leaders like Moore.
True.  However, I would like the POTUS to be on the younger side.

-- well there's alway's Tulsi   Smile
This is what Republicans do.

WASHINGTON, Feb 13 (Reuters) - A congressional tax oversight committee will not seek U.S. President Donald Trump's tax returns, despite calls from Democrats for a review to determine possible business ties to foreign countries including Russia, the panel's Republican chairman said on Monday.

"If Congress begins to use its powers to rummage around in the tax returns of the president, what prevents Congress from doing the same to average Americans?" House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady told reporters.

"Privacy and civil liberties are still important rights in this country, and (the) Ways and Means Committee is not going to start to weaken them."

The Texas Republican was responding to questions about a Feb. 1 request from Representative Bill Pascrell, a Ways and Means Democrat who asked him to obtain Trump's returns from Treasury so the committee could review them in closed session and vote on whether to release them to the public.

Defying decades of precedent, Trump has long refused to release the documents, which Democrats say could show whether his sprawling business empire poses any conflicts of interest as he moves forward with initiatives on issues ranging from tax reform to foreign relations.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Boehner criticizes Republicans, but does he reject neo-liberalism? Eric the Green 21 6,300 04-21-2021, 04:31 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Republicans, Democrats ‘swamp’ US government nebraska 0 1,314 01-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination pbrower2a 7 7,802 10-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Odin