Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Acting pre-seasonally; preparing for the High
(01-09-2021, 07:22 PM)Camz Wrote: As an Artist, I plan to prepare for the High by investing in big skirts and wholesome family-friendly entertainment, treat my Nomad parents and their peers with extra generosity and care (I hope to numb their pain), and do whatever Millennials want me to but be ready to betray them for their kids' ideas whenever the time comes.

That makes sense. X got the blame for Boomer excesses, and paid for it with limited opportunities. They generally didn't do as much wrong as they get a collective rap for. 

It won't be long before the idea of what constitutes an Idealist generation goes from being very old to being very young.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Early wave Boomers are well into the young-old phase, and during the 1T the Boomer generation will be dying off. The New Prophets will be little kids.
(01-09-2021, 07:22 PM)Camz Wrote: As an Artist, I plan to prepare for the High by investing in big skirts and wholesome family-friendly entertainment, treat my Nomad parents and their peers with extra generosity and care (I hope to numb their pain), and do whatever Millennials want me to but be ready to betray them for their kids' ideas whenever the time comes.

Good plan!
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking Toward The Next High TheNomad 166 71,920 07-20-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: TheNomad