Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
Will you get one that matches your generational archetype, like I did?

(I am a boomer prophet and I got Benjamin Franklin)

http://www.quizony.com/which-american-fo...index.html
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I am a boomer prophet and I got Benjamin Franklin.

Me too.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Will you get one that matches your generational archetype, like I did?

(I am a boomer prophet and I got Benjamin Franklin)

http://www.quizony.com/which-american-fo...index.html

Bagged a Ben.
Does close matter in this regard like horsehoes or not?
---Value Added Cool
I got John Adams! Big Grin

Doesn't match my archetype, Adams was a Nomad and I'm a Civic, but we're both shy, intellectual Yankees, so it works.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(03-06-2017, 07:19 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I also got Ben.

One thing I noticed in the screening was many questions really did not have an answer that matched me. I did my best. They should have None of the Above on more questions.

Sorting algorithms don't work well with non-answers.  Half answers are better, since there are several similar questions that can be used to get to issues of marginal shading.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
I got Thomas Jefferson.
(03-07-2017, 07:58 AM)Odin Wrote: I got John Adams! Big Grin

Doesn't match my archetype, Adams was a Nomad and I'm a Civic, but we're both shy, intellectual Yankees, so it works.

I'm neither shy nor a Yankee but I too got John Adams. But I am a nomad. And of course I'm convinced that John Adams is the most under rated one of the bunch.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Hey!  You're back!
Also, Franklin.  Doesn't match my generational archetype, but am pleased nonetheless.

Of course, Eric, Dave, and Alphabet also got Franklin, which makes the whole test kinda suspect.  Tongue
James Madison.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(03-08-2017, 11:00 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Also, Franklin.  Doesn't match my generational archetype, but am pleased nonetheless.

Of course, Eric, Dave, and Alphabet also got Franklin, which makes the whole test kinda suspect.  Tongue

Oh come on, it's well known that John Adams was a Celine Dion fan.
(03-08-2017, 11:17 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 11:00 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Also, Franklin.  Doesn't match my generational archetype, but am pleased nonetheless.

Which places Jefferson's support for invading Canada in a whole new light.  Tongue
(03-08-2017, 10:54 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Hey! You're back!

I check in periodically. However, I find that I often have more productive things to do than to argue with Regressive Leftists and clueless Boomers on the internet. I won't even argue politics with my Boomer mother--though mostly it is like she's living on a completely different planet than myself, my boyfriend or my sister.

All three of us ended up voting for Daddy. Mother was with the sick, corrupt hag.

(03-08-2017, 11:00 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Also, Franklin. Doesn't match my generational archetype, but am pleased nonetheless.

Of course, Eric, Dave, and Alphabet also got Franklin, which makes the whole test kinda suspect. Tongue

Eric posted the quiz which makes the whole test kinda suspect.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Quote:I check in periodically. However, I find that I often have more productive things to do than to argue with Regressive Leftists and clueless Boomers on the internet. I won't even argue politics with my Boomer mother--though mostly it is like she's living on a completely different planet than myself, my boyfriend or my sister.

All three of us ended up voting for Daddy. Mother was with the sick, corrupt hag.

Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:I check in periodically. However, I find that I often have more productive things to do than to argue with Regressive Leftists and clueless Boomers on the internet. I won't even argue politics with my Boomer mother--though mostly it is like she's living on a completely different planet than myself, my boyfriend or my sister.

Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

That's OK. No-one who voted for "Daddy," and who calls Lady America a sick, corrupt hag, can possibly be considered "intelligent" (or seeing his other post, musically tasteful either). Maybe you guys need to find some other boomer leftists who are more adept at straightening out the confirmed blind. I couldn't recommend where to go though; it seems a tall order.

Judging by the poll that shows who voted for whom and who was a gray champion or not, you guys could just as easily take over here as us; there were almost as many Big Daddy voters as hag voters. Although my vote wasn't even included among the hag voters, since I was thinking Stein at that time.

Expecting intelligent conversation anywhere in the USA under Daddy Drumpster as the so-called president may be a tall order too. The most intelligent conversation is probably being conducted by the late night comics. What can anyone do except laugh, or cry? The most comical thing of course is how slow the Drump voters are to realize their mistake. It's truly mind-blowing.

And if you think intelligent conversation is hard to find now, SomeGuy, just wait until the full effect of DeVossification takes hold.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-08-2017, 11:17 AM)gabrielle Wrote:

I know his claimed-reincarnation, so I could ask him....

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down. The Regeneracy hasn't helped either. I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses. I'm not surprised really about that though. I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in. Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander). It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

And I even have some hope for the Millies here. They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The founding father who is most like you is

George Washington

You are a brilliant statesman and a natural leader who others look to for advice. Dependable, practical, and organized, you are a model of efficiency. Like Washington, you would prefer not to be in the public eye, and others may misjudge your reserved protective facade as pride and inflexibility. You take your life mission very seriously, and integrity is important to you. Although you are slow to make close relationships, once you allow someone into your confidence you will be an extremely loyal friend. You are always truthful and will not compromise your goals or ideals. Your decisions are always practical rather than emotional, however you are far from cold-hearted. In fact, your cool and calm exterior covers a passionate temper that can occasionally break out and surprise those around you!

I would have thought John Adams.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

I miss Brian Rush.  

Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

No. Changing horses as necessary. I am becoming much more conservative on foreign policy... and I warn conservatives that they had better find something worthy of preserving.

Quote:The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

I'm not convinced of the superiority of any generation. Boomer elites are of course the worst things to happen to American political life for a very long time -- the exploiters who insist that the be seen as benefactors to those that they abuse and cheat. Like Demagogue Don.

Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

We are going to see a coalition emerge across generations, one that repudiates the collective bad habits of America and pushes new, workable solutions.

Quote:If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The people who seem to complain most about oppression as a group are under-educated white people of the Mountain and Deep South. They seem to have found the wrong solution in you-know-who.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Quote:There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

To be honest, the level of conversation has been on a downward trajectory since I first started posted back in 2013, and looked like it had been falling for a while.

Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses. I'm not surprised really about that though. I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

Yeah, it really is the same 4 or 5 old men droning on about the same things that make up, I dunno, at least half of the posting volume around here.

Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

I am pleased there is hope for me yet.  Wink