Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
Yup, there's one of them.  Tongue
(03-08-2017, 02:55 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Kinser Wrote:There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

To be honest, the level of conversation has been on a downward trajectory since I first started posted back in 2013, and looked like it had been falling for a while.

You find this surprising? How many forums last nearly as long as this one? Eventually, the discussion has to get stale. Trump is about the only new thing to discuss in years.

SomeGuy Wrote:
Kinser Wrote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses. I'm not surprised really about that though. I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

Yeah, it really is the same 4 or 5 old men droning on about the same things that make up, I dunno, at least half of the posting volume around here.

So why are you here then? Tongue

SomeGuy Wrote:
Kinser Wrote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

I am pleased there is hope for me yet.  Wink

I doubt there will be a real climatic finish to this 4T, so be on the lookout for serious trashing by the new-Prophets. I think Mikebert summarized it well: nothing up to this point that will last, and nothing on the horizon.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(03-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

I miss Brian Rush.  

Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

No. Changing horses as necessary. I am becoming much more conservative on foreign policy... and I warn conservatives that they had better find something worthy of preserving.

Quote:The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

I'm not convinced of the superiority of any generation. Boomer elites are of course the worst things to happen to American political life for a very long time -- the exploiters who insist that the be seen as benefactors to those that they abuse and cheat. Like Demagogue Don.

Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

We are going to see a coalition emerge across generations, one that repudiates the collective bad habits of America and pushes new, workable solutions.

Quote:If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The people who seem to complain most about oppression as a group are under-educated white people of the Mountain and Deep South. They seem to have found the wrong solution in you-know-who.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-08-2017, 11:00 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Also, Franklin.  Doesn't match my generational archetype, but am pleased nonetheless.

Of course, Eric, Dave, and Alphabet also got Franklin, which makes the whole test kinda suspect.  Tongue

Hold on.  Let's take another tack.

https://www.alignedsigns.com/blog/MBTI-T...naries.htm

Looks like the test result for Benjamin Franklin is a hidden test for *NTP's. Cool    It's not suspect at all.  Use your intuition my young Jedi.

Watch and expand your mind.   Ne [extraverted intuition ] is cosmic, man. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.  

Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The "degradation of the conversation" is because your side dismisses actual reality as "fake news". You guys live in a la-la land of bullshit and don't realize the backlash you've unleashed. Trump is "making America great again", alright, just not in the way you goose-stepping idiots are expecting.

And the only people I see pushing the "Gen-Z are conservative" line are Alt-Righters. Rolleyes

Oh, and I heard your favorite self-hating gay Jew is a pedophile. Rolleyes
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(03-08-2017, 07:37 PM)Odin Wrote: Oh, and I heard your favorite self-hating gay Jew is a pedophile. Rolleyes

Odin, so... what ya think about the CIA?  I think they are evil, evil, evil.   Fuck the CIA. Yes, fuck 'em yes, fuck 'em.   Odin, guess what"?  I want all CIA agents to die.
They are worthless. Get it?  Fuck the CIA. Yes, The CIA is the evil that's opposed to democracy. OK, abolish the CIA, OK? The EPA is just fine, but the CIA is evil.
I make my stand right here, right now. I want that agency to die, die, die. I fucking hate that agency. I hate that agency with all of my being. I hate them with my all of my soul. Abolish it, now. Trump needs to kill it. Of course, empires die anyhow. I want the US empire to die. Hell, I'm OK with my Arab ancestors killing it.  Really, Arabs, my ancestors have been totally fucked by the CIA.  Kill the CIA, kill it now.  Fuck the CIA. All members of the CIA are subhuman. Get it? I'm not a pedophile, I'm not a Jew.
I wish I wish I might. I wish the Arabs, my ancestors will kill, kill CIA agents. The CIA is not a friend of Arabs.  So, Arabs, rise up, and kill the CIA agents which are fucking you up. Arabs.... stay in y'alls homelands and take control of the oil resources. That oil belongs to you. That oil does not belong to the CIA. It belongs to y'all. Take control. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, THE CIA.  EAT SHIT AND DIE, CIA.  FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK THE CIA. I'm at 1 with my ancestors, the Arabs. My Arab kin, grab the ropes, grab the trees and string 'em up. Eat shit and die, CIA. The CIA is my enemy by genetics. Fuck you, fuck you, CIA. Get it. Fuck you. Jihad, now, my Arab kin. The CIA is my enemy. It is your enemy, my kin, got it?  

Btw,  Odin, You're Scandinavian, right? Perhaps, you, like me have Arab kin. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(03-08-2017, 09:08 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 07:37 PM)Odin Wrote: Oh, and I heard your favorite self-hating gay Jew is a pedophile. Rolleyes

Odin, so... what ya think about the CIA?  I think they are evil, evil, evil.   Fuck the CIA. Yes, fuck 'em yes, fuck 'em.   Odin, guess what"?  I want all CIA agents to die.
They are worthless. Get it?  Fuck the CIA. Yes, The CIA is the evil that's opposed to democracy. OK, abolish the CIA, OK? The EPA is just fine, but the CIA is evil.
I make my stand right here, right now. I want that agency to die, die, die. I fucking hate that agency. I hate that agency with all of my being. I hate them with my all of my soul. Abolish it, now. Trump needs to kill it. Of course, empires die anyhow. I want the US empire to die. Hell, I'm OK with my Arab ancestors killing it.  Really, Arabs, my ancestors have been totally fucked by the CIA.  Kill the CIA, kill it now.  Fuck the CIA. All members of the CIA are subhuman. Get it? I'm not a pedophile, I'm not a Jew.
I wish I wish I might. I wish the Arabs, my ancestors will kill, kill CIA agents. The CIA is not a friend of Arabs.  So, Arabs, rise up, and kill the CIA agents which are fucking you up. Arabs.... stay in y'alls homelands and take control of the oil resources. That oil belongs to you. That oil does not belong to the CIA. It belongs to y'all. Take control. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, THE CIA.  EAT SHIT AND DIE, CIA.  FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK THE CIA. I'm at 1 with my ancestors, the Arabs. My Arab kin, grab the ropes, grab the trees and string 'em up. Eat shit and die, CIA. The CIA is my enemy by genetics. Fuck you, fuck you, CIA. Get it. Fuck you. Jihad, now, my Arab kin. The CIA is my enemy. It is your enemy, my kin, got it?  

Btw,  Odin, You're Scandinavian, right? Perhaps, you, like me have Arab kin. Cool

Holy shit, Rags, what got into you? Calm the fuck down.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
Thanks for elevating the conversation, guys.  Wink
(03-08-2017, 09:13 PM)Odin Wrote: Btw,  Odin, You're Scandinavian, right? Perhaps, you, like me have Arab kin. Cool

Holy shit, Rags, what got into you? Calm the fuck down.

LOL! Big Grin   I just logged into my 23andme account and the Arab thingie's still there.  So... what do you suggest for a Arab/Swedish hybrid?
So what do you suggest?   Did you have your DNA looked at? The Arab/Swedish DNA really does match the Red/Black aura that Eric The Green pegged me as such?

Perhaps you're just plain Norwegian? Have a shot, OK? You know, us Arabs have a certain temperament.  I mean, really, I have no problem with claiming an Arab
ancestry.  So, to the  point, Odin, yes I do in fact respect you, with the handle, "Odin", do you as well have Arab ancestry?  Let it be known, Rags takes pride in said ancestry. *calm the fuck down.

*Odin,  I'm a Joneser, I have known Arab ancestry, I can't help myself. Cool  Yeah, I know, I'm a Joneser, and the meme of making eggs into omlets just can't get away from me., OK ?
---Value Added Cool
(03-08-2017, 07:37 PM)Odin Wrote:

Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The "degradation of the conversation" is because your side dismisses actual reality as "fake news". You guys live in a la-la land of bullshit and don't realize the backlash you've unleashed. Trump is "making America great again", alright, just not in the way you goose-stepping idiots are expecting.

And the only people I see pushing the "Gen-Z are conservative" line are Alt-Righters. Rolleyes

Oh, and I heard your favorite self-hating gay Jew is a pedophile. Rolleyes

1.  Everyone you don't like being Hitler/Russian Spy/etc is not reality Odin.  It is fake news.

2.  I didn't say that they were Alt-Righters.  And generally those who do don't understand what the Alt-Right is.  The Alt-Right typically are white identitarian in nature.  The Gen Z conservatism has not indicated a clear trend toward identitarianism, yet.

3.  Milo was victimized by a pedophile priest.  He is not himself a pedophile.  Or is "blaming the victim" okay if they play for the wrong team
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
23andMe? Not yet. I have traced my genealogy, and as a general rule anyone who can trace ancestors back to early English  settlers in New England (Puritans) is descended from nobility. That nobility includes French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Greek (Byzantine), Russian, Serb, Bulgarian,  and Czech ancestors in a sort of interlocking directorate. Track the Spanish and you find Basques, Arabs, and Goths. Track the Byzantines and you find Armenians and Georgians. Track the English aristocracy far enough back and you find the Norse, including the Scandinavian-descended Normans. Track the Hungarians and you find Pechenegs (a/k/a Patzinaks and Polovtsy). About all that I can find out about the these people is that the composer Alexander Borodin ascribed to them some wonderful music in his opera Prince Igor.  The Rus who gave their name to Russia were Scandinavians.

Portuguese kings were really French.

I am surprised to find no Persians, Romanians, or Lithuanians. I did find that I am very distantly related to Count Dracula, not that I want that connection. Any connection that I have to Austria is thin (surprising in view of my musical tastes).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-09-2017, 07:38 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: 23andMe? Not yet. I have traced my genealogy, and as a general rule anyone who can trace ancestors back to early English  settlers in New England (Puritans) is descended from nobility. That nobility includes French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Greek (Byzantine), Russian, Serb, Bulgarian,  and Czech ancestors in a sort of interlocking directorate. Track the Spanish and you find Basques, Arabs, and Goths. Track the Byzantines and you find Armenians and Georgians. Track the English aristocracy far enough back and you find the Norse, including the Scandinavian-descended Normans. Track the Hungarians and you find Pechenegs (a/k/a Patzinaks and Polovtsy). About all that I can find out about the these people is that the composer Alexander Borodin ascribed to them some wonderful music in his opera Prince Igor.  The Rus who gave their name to Russia were Scandinavians.

I am surprised to find no Persians, Romanians, or Lithuanians. I did find that I am very distantly related to Count Dracula, not that I want that connection. Any connection that I have to Austria is thin (surprising in view of my musical tastes).

Uh, I seem to be more of a humble heritage.  The British lineage is just the Southern Scottish/Welsh sort. Also, the Wilson/Johnson lineage with the -son part is Viking on both sides. That would be the Mc- Scottish stuff. The Viking lineage is pretty recent, like 2nd generational on both sides. So , basically, as far as Europe, I'm a tacky warrior/(Mcrae)/Viking(all else). Big Grin The Brown , Welsh, are were coal miners. So... I have no nobility, but rather [Mcrae, warriors] for clan McDonald, Viking? Need I say more? Welsh, the coal miners. As for Cherokee/Arab, those are just extras , as per 23andme.  I do, agree, that the Rus, Viking lineage is for Russia. That's the path to the Mideast. It is for that reason, I have Arab lineage. I can even locate, the pick of Swedes (Svear) traded with folks in Baghdad. The X chromosome is purely Swedish.

Rags - A simple man. Cool
---Value Added Cool
Quote:You find this surprising? How many forums last nearly as long as this one? Eventually, the discussion has to get stale. Trump is about the only new thing to discuss in years.

Did I say I found it surprising?  I am simply making a observation.
Quote:So why are you here then?

The whole point of the comment was that having come back, I increasingly see little reason for remaining.  Do you know how to read? How did you miss that? Huh
Quote:I doubt there will be a real climatic finish to this 4T, so be on the lookout for serious trashing by the new-Prophets. I think Mikebert summarized it well: nothing up to this point that will last, and nothing on the horizon.

Mike was using that to make a very different one from the one you're trying to flog here, you're simply not bright enough to tell the difference.  He even responded to you trying to make that point in the other thread.  Rolleyes
(03-09-2017, 08:58 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 07:38 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: 23andMe? Not yet. I have traced my genealogy, and as a general rule anyone who can trace ancestors back to early English  settlers in New England (Puritans) is descended from nobility. That nobility includes French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Greek (Byzantine), Russian, Serb, Bulgarian,  and Czech ancestors in a sort of interlocking directorate. Track the Spanish and you find Basques, Arabs, and Goths. Track the Byzantines and you find Armenians and Georgians. Track the English aristocracy far enough back and you find the Norse, including the Scandinavian-descended Normans. Track the Hungarians and you find Pechenegs (a/k/a Patzinaks and Polovtsy). About all that I can find out about the these people is that the composer Alexander Borodin ascribed to them some wonderful music in his opera Prince Igor.  The Rus who gave their name to Russia were Scandinavians.

Uh, I seem to be more of a humble heritage.  The British lineage is just the Southern Scottish/Welsh sort. Also, the Wilson/Johnson lineage with the -son part is Viking on both sides. That would be the Mc- Scottish stuff. The Viking lineage is pretty recent, like 2nd generational on both sides. So , basically, as far as Europe, I'm a tacky warrior/(Mcrae)/Viking(all else). Big Grin The Brown , Welsh, are were coal miners. So... I have no nobility, but rather [Mcrae, warriors] for clan McDonald, Viking? Need I say more? Welsh, the coal miners. As for Cherokee/Arab, those are just extras , as per 23andme.  I do, agree, that the Rus, Viking lineage is for Russia. That's the path to the Mideast. It is for that reason, I have Arab lineage. I can even locate, the pick of Swedes (Svear) traded with folks in Baghdad. The X chromosome is purely Swedish.

One of my tippy top pieces of music (the Rus classic, that is!). Start the great second half here! https://youtu.be/xLMbf7E5Uxo?t=5m49s

The sons and the Mcs and the Welsh/Scottish in your ancestry would be Celtic rather than British, most likely; although things get mixed. 

The vast Montgomery line of which I partake descends from a norse noble warrior named Gomer who built a fort on a mountain in Normandy; whose sons and grandsons then invaded England along with William and split into 3 branches, one of which moved to Ireland, where I too am descended from a McDonald clan, one of whom married my Gr Gr Gr grandfather, a full "Monty" of some kind, and came to America.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-08-2017, 04:50 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I miss Brian Rush.

I found him to be intelligent. I didn't always agree with him but he was at least intelligent. But I find it difficult to miss someone I know only from an internet forum. Much like I don't consider Facebook "friends" to actually be friends.  

Quote:
Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

No. Changing horses as necessary. I am becoming much more conservative on foreign policy... and I warn conservatives that they had better find something worthy of preserving.

Really? So you've dropped your A Fascist Under Every Bed and Woe is me I'm Uber-depressed shtick? From where I sit I don't bloody think so. Eric is of course convinced that his astrological whatnots explain everything and well most of the left has stayed on the left, the right on the right.

Becoming more conservative in what way? In that you don't want an aggressive withdrawal from empire building?

Quote:
Quote:The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

I'm not convinced of the superiority of any generation. Boomer elites are of course the worst things to happen to American political life for a very long time -- the exploiters who insist that the be seen as benefactors to those that they abuse and cheat. Like Demagogue Don.

I disagree. Boomers are pehaps the worst generation ever spawned. But I'm biased and admit that I am.

As for Daddy, you know he has benefited far more people than any of the Democrats have....he owns businesses which means he's hired people. They just want to pick my pocket and spend it on wars and welfare.

Quote:
Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

We are going to see a coalition emerge across generations, one that repudiates the collective bad habits of America and pushes new, workable solutions.

Already happening. Those Millies that want nothing to do with the left are fully in our camp, we're going to get Z and already had X. We just need to hammer home the rejection of identity politics. As I said they either apply to everyone or no one.

Quote:
Quote:If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

The people who seem to complain most about oppression as a group are under-educated white people of the Mountain and Deep South. They seem to have found the wrong solution in you-know-who.

Actually those who complain the most about systemic racism and sexism are in fact university educated white petty-bourgeois liberals. The Mountain and Southern Underclass whites just want a job. You'd know that had you ever been to either area and talked with said people. Of course that would require you to do two things you'd find very difficult PBR. The first is removing your head from your anal cavity, the second is leaving your house.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(03-09-2017, 04:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 08:58 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

One of my tippy top pieces of music (the Rus classic, that is!). Start the great second half here! https://youtu.be/xLMbf7E5Uxo?t=5m49s

The sons and the Mcs and the Welsh/Scottish in your ancestry would be Celtic rather than British, most likely; although things get mixed. 

The vast Montgomery line of which I partake descends from a norse noble warrior named Gomer who built a fort on a mountain in Normandy; whose sons and grandsons then invaded England along with William and split into 3 branches, one of which moved to Ireland, where I too am descended from a McDonald clan, one of whom married my Gr Gr Gr grandfather, a full "Monty" of some kind, and came to America.

If you want to know why the oppressive order of feudalism did not lead to mass uprisings -- populations were small, and the feudal lord was usually somehow related to the serf. People didn't get around much, so figure that about everyone on a manor was about a fourth cousin or so. Primogeniture ensured that there would not be too many lords.

(03-07-2017, 10:38 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 07:19 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I also got Ben.

One thing I noticed in the screening was many questions really did not have an answer that matched me. I did my best. They should have None of the Above on more questions.

Sorting algorithms don't work well with non-answers.  Half answers are better, since there are several similar questions that can be used to get to issues of marginal shading.
I got Ben too.  It appears a lot of us did.
The aristocracy kept their genealogies  -- at least the male part. Mennonites were surprisingly good at keeping records (I found that the typical marriage involving the Old Order Amish involves about fourth cousins).  

Illiterate peasants rarely kept theirs.  After all, they might be related to the Lord of the Manor. Droit du seigneur and all that.

Persians? I would not be surprised if Armenian, Byzantine, or Georgian ancestors on occasion got Persian wives in 'hostage' dealing; basically it was easier to keep a peace treaty if recent enemies had married into each others' families.

John Adams:

Quote:You are the brains behind the throne! Unassuming, quiet, and industrious, your talents and contributions tend to be overlooked and the glory goes to your more flamboyant and attention-seeking colleagues. You believe strongly in traditional family values. Your natural shyness means that you prefer to work behind the scenes, but you do occasionally become paranoid that others are stealing the credit for your work. You are a courageous and generous person who believes strongly in traditional family values, but you often find yourself distanced from those you love due to your commitment to your work.

Not an idealist, but I'm okay with a reactive. Reasonable accuracy in the description.
(03-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

Hey!  Some of us just filled up all our brain cells with knowledge.  That leaves no space for original thought!