Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fictional characters and archetypes
(08-02-2018, 12:55 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 12:31 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 01:18 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: Boomers are hypocrites, like all "Prophets" - but after all, they're just playing heroes, they don't have to be.

Harrison Ford did a good job playing an anti-hero, though.

RIP Han Solo, you were the best.

-- & he was killed by his whiny punk brat of all ppl. That's when Star Wars jumped the shark. Now that Carrie Fisher's dead 4 real, so is Star Wars

I agree, but they'll still play it out to finish the trilogy-trilogy.  At 9 films, that cake is baked!

FWIW, I saw the first film on opening weekend in 1977, and the other two in the original trilogy soon after each was released.  I skipped episodes 1-3, but dragged myself to The Force Awakens.  I'm conflicted about the last 2: I've avoided The Last Jedi so far.

-- is George Lucas dead too? He did the 1st 6 episodes, but these last 3 are all done by other ppl. Who was the dumbaz that killed off Harrison Ford? I remember watching 7 & that girl & Finn are ok but when they are hiding on the Millenium Falcon bcuz there's an intruder aboard & the door opens & there's Harrison Ford & l'm thinking, NOW I'm watching Star Wars. I have absolutely zero intrest in the other 2 films. I do know ppl who saw the Last Jedi & did not care 4 it. Plus, since Carrie Fisher passed b4 the film was finished, they had 2 computer generate her for the parts of the flick filmed post mortem. My friends said it was just wierd
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(08-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 01:18 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: Boomers are hypocrites, like all "Prophets" - but after all, they're just playing heroes, they don't have to be.

-- & he was killed by his whiny punk brat of all ppl. That's when Star Wars jumped the shark. Now that Carrie Fisher's dead 4 real, so is Star Wars

I agree, but they'll still play it out to finish the trilogy-trilogy.  At 9 films, that cake is baked!

FWIW, I saw the first film on opening weekend in 1977, and the other two in the original trilogy soon after each was released.  I skipped episodes 1-3, but dragged myself to The Force Awakens.  I'm conflicted about the last 2: I've avoided The Last Jedi so far.

-- is George Lucas dead too? He did the 1st 6 episodes, but these last 3 are all done by other ppl. Who was the dumbaz that killed off Harrison Ford? I remember watching 7 & that girl & Finn are ok but when they are hiding on the Millenium Falcon bcuz there's an intruder aboard & the door opens & there's Harrison Ford & l'm thinking, NOW I'm watching Star Wars. I have absolutely zero intrest in the other 2 films. I do know ppl who saw the Last Jedi & did not care 4 it. Plus, since Carrie Fisher passed b4 the film was finished, they had 2 computer generate her for the parts of the flick filmed post mortem. My friends said it was just wierd

Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and handed the CEO keys to Kathleen Kennedy -- who is a very good director herself.  To be honest, if I was George Lucas, and had the option of selling something as valuable as Lucasfilm, I probably would too.  In your 70s, it gets tiring to run a corporation and be the creative genius at the same time.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(08-03-2018, 01:20 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote:

Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and handed the CEO keys to Kathleen Kennedy -- who is a very good director herself.  To be honest, if I was George Lucas, and had the option of selling something as valuable as Lucasfilm, I probably would too.  In your 70s, it gets tiring to run a corporation and be the creative genius at the same time.

-- ok can't blame him 4 wanting 2 retire, but.. he put Bobby's daughter in charge?!!????
(08-06-2018, 12:36 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote: -- is George Lucas dead too? ...

-- ok can't blame him 4 wanting 2 retire, but.. he put Bobby's daughter in charge?!!????

No, wrong Kennedy … and I wrote director but meant producer.  She's been in the game with Lucas and Steven Spielberg from the beginning.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(08-06-2018, 02:39 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 12:36 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 10:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote: -- is George Lucas dead too? ...

No, wrong Kennedy … and I wrote director but meant producer.  She's been in the game with Lucas and Steven Spielberg from the beginning.

-- ahhhh ok thanx
I tried to type the characters in Anne of Green Gables

Anne and her peers are Missionary, obviously. But would Matthew, Marilla and Mrs. Rachel Lynde be Transcendental or Gilded? Marilla's pragmatism smells Gilded, while Matthew's more imaginative nature could reflect his location at the cusp of Transcendental at least.

Any ideas?

Opening weekend, wow! My dad took me to see it at the (then) Mann Chinese Theatre in Hollywood that summer, and I was immediately hooked. Episodes 1-3 were a genuine disappointment - I only saw the first one in the theater, but I've actually been enjoying the new ones (7-9 I mean). Yeah, they're remakes, basically (7 was for sure, 8 less so), but I still think the original material is so solid it's hard to go too wrong.

As a side note, dunno if you guys ever corresponded with Neil Howe or the late William Strauss, but my experience is they are (or rather were in the case of Strauss) always so nice and accessible. (It's always great when people get to be successful but don't barricade themselves off to the world.) I wrote to Neil just his past week about this franchise I've been creating (now in conjunction with one of last year's "Beauty and the Beast" producers) and the generational archetypes of the characters. It takes place over the last 40-50 years, and going into the future, and concerns the life cycle of my fictionalized likeness, an abused former child actor who along with other former kid actors is also a clandestine agent for a secret global elite (this is the epic, comic book good and evil stuff - the proverbial bad guys run a global criminal empire built on drug and child sex trafficking). The first thing will probably drop next year - a pseudo-doc short in five different formats (about how a certain culture of child sex trafficking, originating in Afghanistan [see that Frontline doc "The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan"] came to Hollywood in the 1970s + events in the present day) - and it's turning out to be a lot of fun in any event. A lot of the adult roles are and will go to former child actors (so far xers and millennials - the Homelanders will be newbies, mostly), the good guys playing themselves by name. I can only name the definites, rather than the probables (which include a couple or few former teen idols), but among the definites are my old friend Christina Nigra ("Cloak and Dagger") and Nathan Forrest Winters ("Clownhouse"). And unless they tell me I suck too badly, I'll be playing my dopey self. Maybe I could pay one or a few of you to go see something.
(11-08-2018, 05:14 PM)linus Wrote: ... As a side note, dunno if you guys ever corresponded with Neil Howe or the late William Strauss, but my experience is they are (or rather were in the case of Strauss) always so nice and accessible. (It's always great when people get to be successful but don't barricade themselves off to the world.) I wrote to Neil just his past week about this franchise I've been creating (now in conjunction with one of last year's "Beauty and the Beast" producers) and the generational archetypes of the characters. It takes place over the last 40-50 years, and going into the future, and concerns the life cycle of my fictionalized likeness, an abused former child actor who along with other former kid actors is also a clandestine agent for a secret global elite (this is the epic, comic book good and evil stuff - the proverbial bad guys run a global criminal empire built on drug and child sex trafficking). The first thing will probably drop next year - a pseudo-doc short in five different formats (about how a certain culture of child sex trafficking, originating in Afghanistan [see that Frontline doc "The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan"] came to Hollywood in the 1970s + events in the present day) - and it's turning out to be a lot of fun in any event. A lot of the adult roles are and will go to former child actors (so far xers and millennials - the Homelanders will be newbies, mostly), the good guys playing themselves by name. I can only name the definites, rather than the probables (which include a couple or few former teen idols), but among the definites are my old friend Christina Nigra ("Cloak and Dagger") and Nathan Forrest Winters ("Clownhouse"). And unless they tell me I suck too badly, I'll be playing my dopey self. Maybe I could pay one or a few of you to go see something.

Always up for a movie.  Say what and when, and I'll be there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generational Archetypes in Anime JasonBlack 10 2,431 03-15-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack