Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fourth Turning Forum on facebook
I have started a public Fourth Turning facebook Group. There are facebook groups on all kinds of interests; dozens and dozens even on such interests of mine as ambient music and astrology, but none on generations and turnings or the S&H book and related subjects-- except secret groups. This approach does not further or attract public interest in this subject very much. So this new group is a public group open to all, except those who have blocked or kicked me or whom I have blocked, with a focus on the ideas and interests, and NOT on advice for or gossip about other posters or admins. I encourage those open to discussion, and those from all perspectives, to apply to join. I am the admin for now, but if we get more participants I will assign other willing moderators as well.

I won't abandon this venerable group and its current offspring, in which I have participated since 1997 and have been the most prolific poster. But I notice that a few ideologues not open to others' opinions are starting to dominate, 3 in particular right now, and the discussion is stuck in a rut a lot of times with these few folks. Also, the moderator has skipped the scene and so spam is increasing. I have thought about creating an alternative forum for some time, and now seems the time to open it. 

Of course, facebook is not appealing for everyone, but it is certainly easy to start a group there, although I and others are subject to facebook rules which can get a bit restrictive sometimes. I myself am not big on censorship or counseling other peoples' conduct, or those who do those things to me.

Apply to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/396877864887524
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Joined (Joel Leagans). I tried a similar thing with reddit but facebook is probably a smarter seque venue.
(12-14-2020, 06:30 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I have started a public Fourth Turning facebook Group. There are facebook groups on all kinds of interests; dozens and dozens even on such interests of mine as ambient music and astrology, but none on generations and turnings or the S&H book and related subjects-- except secret groups. This approach does not further or attract public interest in this subject very much. So this new group is a public group open to all, except those who have blocked or kicked me or whom I have blocked, with a focus on the ideas and interests, and NOT on advice for or gossip about other posters or admins. I encourage those open to discussion, and those from all perspectives, to apply to join. I am the admin for now, but if we get more participants I will assign other willing moderators as well.

I won't abandon this venerable group and its current offspring, in which I have participated since 1997 and have been the most prolific poster. But I notice that a few ideologues not open to others' opinions are starting to dominate, 3 in particular right now, and the discussion is stuck in a rut a lot of times with these few folks. Also, the moderator has skipped the scene and so spam is increasing. I have thought about creating an alternative forum for some time, and now seems the time to open it. 

Of course, facebook is not appealing for everyone, but it is certainly easy to start a group there, although I and others are subject to facebook rules which can get a bit restrictive sometimes. I myself am not big on censorship or counseling other peoples' conduct, or those who do those things to me.

"A bit restrictive sometimes"?

Right now I'm on a 30-day "rip" for "harassment and bullying" which will end on Christmas Eve.

Anthony Brancato guilty of harassment and bullying?  Surprising.  What's not surprising?  How much you can save on car insurance by switching to GEICO!

I hereby offer to squash my old beef with you so that you will approve my requrst to join.

After all, if Jon Jones and Rashad Evans could squash their beef ... LOL!

I'll even moderate it (along with others) if you like.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(12-11-2021, 11:48 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 06:30 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I have started a public Fourth Turning facebook Group. There are facebook groups on all kinds of interests; dozens and dozens even on such interests of mine as ambient music and astrology, but none on generations and turnings or the S&H book and related subjects-- except secret groups. This approach does not further or attract public interest in this subject very much. So this new group is a public group open to all, except those who have blocked or kicked me or whom I have blocked, with a focus on the ideas and interests, and NOT on advice for or gossip about other posters or admins. I encourage those open to discussion, and those from all perspectives, to apply to join. I am the admin for now, but if we get more participants I will assign other willing moderators as well.

"A bit restrictive sometimes"?

Right now I'm on a 30-day "rip" for "harassment and bullying" which will end on Christmas Eve.

Anthony Brancato guilty of harassment and bullying?  Surprising.  What's not surprising?  How much you can save on car insurance by switching to GEICO!

I hereby offer to squash my old beef with you so that you will approve my requrst to join.

After all, if Jon Jones and Rashad Evans could squash their beef ... LOL!

I'll even moderate it (along with others) if you like.

Now that I have seen and posted on the 4T forum Facebook version, I do hope that both can coincide for a long time to come.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the old forum's most prolific posters Dan '82 14 12,461 01-28-2021, 10:17 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Old T4T forum is no more. pbrower2a 18 20,586 11-13-2016, 03:05 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Need missing page 268 from Fourth Turning TPB Aristotle Jones 10 11,617 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Aristotle Jones
  What the “special topics” forum should be used for Webmaster 0 11,403 05-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Webmaster
  Kurt Horner's Political Archetypes thread in the old forum Odin 0 2,066 05-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Odin