Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karl Popper on Religion
(08-12-2016, 03:24 PM)radind Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 02:52 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 02:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [Image: 13932911_10208903137048632_6619667127975...e=584A6323]

One worldview works, the other doesn't.

i agree to that. You either take the steps to avoid even getting pregnant (and provide the tools to avoid it as humans will have sex. It is part of nature.) They will either have sex protected or not. If people do not like abortion PROVIDE THE TOOLS TO PREVENT ABORTIONS FROM HAPPENING! Seriously they cannot be this ideologically blind, can they? One other point i must bring up. In some cases this would not work. In the case of kidnap/rape, one time rapes, and child molestation/rape. Unless the person is actually on the pill which is not one hundred per cent full proof on its own. So what to do for these poor souls. There is a device that can prevent rape.....but may lead to a very angry and wounded rapist. I think it should be compulsory for women to learn self defense or a martial art and carry pepper spray at all times.The attacker cannot attack if he cannot see. Learn this at an early age too so this would cover everyone that i just mentioned.
I favor all means to prevent rape and severe  prison sentences for those convicted of rape.

Good now we are on the same page with something.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(08-12-2016, 02:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [Image: 13932911_10208903137048632_6619667127975...e=584A6323]

One worldview works, the other doesn't.

Eric praising a Flyover State? Big Grin
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
Not only that, I "flew" there myself to promote my book in 1997. It was a good experience.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 01:31 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Not only that, I "flew" there myself to promote my book in 1997. It was a good experience.

Hmmmmm.... Musta been a good LSD trip, man. Cool

[Image: LSD-2D-skeletal-formula-and-3D-models.png]

Didya see Ozzy?

---Value Added Cool
No, I was high on astrology, man. A real cosmic trip!

[Image: booksigning.jpg]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Update on worldview survey.

Quote:Survey Finds Just 10 Percent Of Americans Have A Biblical Worldview
http://www.westernjournalism.com/survey-...worldview/
… "A new survey released Monday revealed just 10 percent of Americans truly have a biblical worldview, despite four times that amount believing that they do.
The American Culture and Faith Institute, headed by pollster George Barna, interviewed approximately 6,000 people from the general population and in church leadership in early February.”…
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
I reckon any church that allows in gays (without trying "conversion therapy"), allows women with feminist sensibilities to be pastors, or, has socioeconomic inequality concerns, it one of the supposedly non-Christian churches, according to Radind?
#Leach2020
#Pence2017
#ProsecuteTreason
#HUAC2.0
#RealNationalism
#NaziPunksFOff

Mark 13:22 - "For there shall rise false Christs and false prophets, and they shall give signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, also the chosen."

(03-01-2017, 08:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I reckon any church that allows in gays (without trying "conversion therapy"), allows women with feminist sensibilities to be pastors, or, has socioeconomic inequality concerns, it is one of the supposedly non-Christian churches, according to Radind?

Radind does not seem to understand his mistake. A "Biblical worldview" is not what Mr. Barna says it is. Or even what Radind says it is. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-01-2017, 08:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I reckon any church that allows in gays (without trying "conversion therapy"), allows women with feminist sensibilities to be pastors, or, has socioeconomic inequality concerns, it one of the supposedly non-Christian churches, according to Radind?

Biblical literalism is an invention of the American South in the Missionary 2T, the term "fundamentalism" comes from a book called The Fundamentals published in the 1890s. That's what I find so ridiculous about so much discussion about religion both by the Christian Right and the "New Atheist" types, especially when the later seem to reduce all religion to American Evangelical Fundamentalist Protestantism.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(03-01-2017, 09:44 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 08:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I reckon any church that allows in gays (without trying "conversion therapy"), allows women with feminist sensibilities to be pastors, or, has socioeconomic inequality concerns, it is one of the supposedly non-Christian churches, according to Radind?

Radind does not seem to understand his mistake. A "Biblical worldview" is not what Mr. Barna says it is. Or even what Radind says it is. Or anyone else, for that matter.
Barna's treatment of Biblical worldview is the best that I have seen. In my opinion, the USA has largely abandoned a Biblical worldview. 
I realize that we will never agree, just posted the update from Barna for information.
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
(03-02-2017, 10:10 AM)radind Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 09:44 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Barna's treatment of Biblical worldview is the best that I have seen. In my opinion, the USA has largely abandoned a Biblical worldview. 
I realize that we will never agree, just posted the update from Barna for information.

That's right; it's YOUR opinion; and about what YOU have seen.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-02-2017, 07:58 AM)Odin Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 08:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I reckon any church that allows in gays (without trying "conversion therapy"), allows women with feminist sensibilities to be pastors, or, has socioeconomic inequality concerns, it one of the supposedly non-Christian churches, according to Radind?

Biblical literalism is an invention of the American South in the Missionary 2T, the term "fundamentalism" comes from a book called The Fundamentals published in the 1890s. That's what I find so ridiculous about so much discussion about religion both by the Christian Right and the "New Atheist" types, especially when the later seem to reduce all religion to American Evangelical Fundamentalist Protestantism.

And our American version was inspired by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nelson_Darby

BTW, many Christians of a more orthodox (with a small "o") orientation consider this stuff heresy.

Talk about stuff made up by Humans regarding God.

Rolleyes
#Leach2020
#Pence2017
#ProsecuteTreason
#HUAC2.0
#RealNationalism
#NaziPunksFOff

Mark 13:22 - "For there shall rise false Christs and false prophets, and they shall give signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, also the chosen."

(03-02-2017, 07:58 AM)Odin Wrote:

Yes indeed.  While Prophet generations can tune into hidden issues, they unfortunately leave behind bogus memes that make a mess. Cool
---Value Added Cool