Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Big Lies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(02-21-2017, 03:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]What some millies and Xers forget is what was going on among boomers in the 1960s and 70s. That's why I bounced off of your post as a foil to mention what was actually going on. The boomers opened up a new view of human nature as already existing, assisted by mentors and fellow travellers among Silents, GIs and Lost. There was no "suppression;" it was an opening up.

But in more anxious times, and with less optimistic and more cynical young generation(s), this opening-up process is less visible. But yes, the human potential and peace movement is an alternative to the "struggle" that your neo-fascist authoritarian outlook requires. Xers and Millies do not support your struggle. Those who are progressive want to ditch laissez faire, and restore not the neo-fascism and ancient imperialism that you want, but to restore civic virtue as Obama described it and keep freedom and human rights for all people. This is among all generations, but particularly Millennials. Older red Boomers and Silents along with the red Xers and some Millies are empowering the reactionaries who want to hang on to laissez faire from the 1980s and to racial and religious uniformity from the 1950s. Just a reminder of what's really going on, cynic hero. This is the "struggle" that is happening today, and Boomers are certainly involved in it.
We forget because whatever it was that was going on in the boomer minds at the time didn't last very long. I liked the lower drinking age, I liked the abundance of drugs that existed during my teenage years and I liked being able to have sex with women without committing to marriage first or paying for it like my dad's generation. I do believe the image of women has been damaged. We don't view women as being as sacred as they once were viewed by my fathers generation. Equality is a bitch in a way. Equality eliminates excuses and forces people to let go of values associated with skin tones, gender and so forth. Equality doesn't allow exceptions/exclusions/preference for certain religious or racial groups in our public schools.
(02-21-2017, 05:18 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]The answer to "the question relating to the possibility of a secret WMD program that may or may not have existed at the time" was that there was none. So, there was no justification for the war, and there was never any proof of such WMD. It was a ruse and a lie. In any event, even if Saddam had WMD, that still was not a basis for our invasion. It was entirely illegal. And the Iraqis fought against it.

The only alternative to Obama's decision to abide by Bush's agreement with Iraq to pull out in 2011, was to, in effect, establish another invasion and stir up opposition to it again. The "time of his decision to pull out of Iraq" was when he decided to run for president in 2006; "what was going on inside Obama's head" was his realization and statement that it was "a dumb war;" which it was.

Voting for blind pigs that take us off cliffs, as red voters do, is not individualistic. It is blind allegiance to an authority that has no basis in fact. It is not independent thought; it is ignorance.
I'd like for you to explain how the so-called blind pigs are going to take you off the cliff with them.

They do take us off the cliff with them. We all pay for the unnecessary wars, in lives and the national treasure. We pay for the debt that it causes, and which is used as an excuse not to provide the programs we need.

We all pay for climate change, in the form of storms and droughts that we have to pay for. We pay for pollution with health problems.

Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. When my fellow Americans are shot down for no reason, that hurts me.

If my social security is reduced, that lowers my income. When the economy is ruined by speculators because of lax regulation, that lowers my income.
(02-21-2017, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Xer, you and other typical Republican voters say that it's "power monger"ing to require business to observe regulations that amount to behavior that they should do anyway: be fair to customers, pay workers a living wage and provide good working conditions, require wealthy speculators to behave responsibly rather than wreck the economy, support wars only when necessary, maintain a healthy environment and climate, not discriminate but uphold human rights, and pay fair taxes to help ourselves when the greedy and powerful hurt us. You consider that when we blues require these things of you guys, that this is power mongering like Genghis Kahn. You put out slogans that allowing business to do all these harmful things is "liberty" and "freedom." But it's not; it's only freedom for you bosses; slavery for everyone else.

You think freedom for the bosses means freedom for everyone. You think that people should be made to be obedient workers and that the purpose of work is to provide luxury for the elites. You think this luxury will trickle-down, but it doesn't. You think government can work without taxes, but it doesn't. Your way does not work for the people, and the statistics on life and human development in the blue and red states and under Democratic and Republican administrations proves this. But you choose to ignore the facts, because you are a boss, and you want all the benefits of the economy to flow to you and your buddies.

But you are a small time boss, and what you think benefits you, does not. It only benefits the big bosses.
Eric, you'd better off sticking with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV screaming at and talking over people were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general. I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.
(02-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]The answer to "the question relating to the possibility of a secret WMD program that may or may not have existed at the time" was that there was none. So, there was no justification for the war, and there was never any proof of such WMD. It was a ruse and a lie. In any event, even if Saddam had WMD, that still was not a basis for our invasion. It was entirely illegal. And the Iraqis fought against it.

The only alternative to Obama's decision to abide by Bush's agreement with Iraq to pull out in 2011, was to, in effect, establish another invasion and stir up opposition to it again. The "time of his decision to pull out of Iraq" was when he decided to run for president in 2006; "what was going on inside Obama's head" was his realization and statement that it was "a dumb war;" which it was.

Voting for blind pigs that take us off cliffs, as red voters do, is not individualistic. It is blind allegiance to an authority that has no basis in fact. It is not independent thought; it is ignorance.
I'd like for you to explain how the so-called blind pigs are going to take you off the cliff with them.

They do take us off the cliff with them. We all pay for the unnecessary wars, in lives and the national treasure. We pay for the debt that it causes, and which is used as an excuse not to provide the programs we need.

We all pay for climate change, in the form of storms and droughts that we have to pay for. We pay for pollution with health problems.

Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. When my fellow Americans are shot down for no reason, that hurts me.

If my social security is reduced, that lowers my income. When the economy is ruined by speculators because of lax regulation, that lowers my income.
Dude, every time you take a dump and flush the toilet, society is paying for it one way or another.
Classic, you're sounding like the stereotypical angry conservative uncle everyone tries to avoid and it's getting old. Rolleyes
(02-20-2017, 04:34 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]M&L should take a stroll through largely uneducated "nigger, spick, gook, neo-Nazy " inner city culture to see if the issues are  worse than lesser educated "pecker wood, hillbilly, redneck" culture that the two of you are so embarrassed to be associated with. Do you see many drive by shootings, large scale riots and major interruption in people's lifestyles    where the two of you live? I'm sure the two of you wouldn't mind dying of a heart attack because Black Lives Matter or some other fucked up (fucked up values wise) liberal group shut down a road which delayed your ambulance? Why are so-called liberals viewed by themselves as being  so special? Who teaches so-called liberals to believe that they're so special? Who teaches/taught/led  them to believe  that the blue halo's that were given to them by some so-called liberals were permanently attached to them? Who disproved that foolish liberal belief/ideal a long time ago?

You finally achieved total incoherence.  Congrats!

Attempting to unwind your diatribe, I assume, perhaps wrongly, that you have little good to say about low-life people in general.  Not a great way to think, but at least it's understandable.  On the other hand, ranting away about liberals coddling these low-lives is all reflex and no thought.  Note: all the low-life natives in the country are going to be there whether you like them or not.  What we're discussing is how to turn them into more productive citizens, or at least how to rescue the next generation.  You argue that they are coddled by stupid liberals, but they tend to show-up at Trump rallies.  Why is that?
(02-21-2017, 03:35 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]... BTW, when I saber rattle, I do so with the understanding that neighborhood kids (the children of friends and family members) will be the ones who will be the ones going over there while cozy blue kids are fucking around, getting high, getting laid and playing mind games like their deplorable parents/grand parents did during the Vietnam era...

I can't let this pass.  Today, the ones standing in harm's way are the ones volunteering to go.  I wouldn't be one of them, but neither would you.  In any case, we were in far better shape when we had a draft that broadened the participation to include a bit of every demographic group.  Note: the ones who scammed the system to avoid going were more likely to be in your group than mine. 

Try this link for a reality check.  Notice how few of the real heroes walked around with puffed chests.  George McGovern, the ultimate pacifist, had a DSC for bravery in WW-II.  Bob Kerrey, Senator from Nebraska, has a MOH.  John Kerry has a Silver and Bronze Star.

Bravery isn't restricted to any particular ideology.
(02-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]The economy has changed and the average blue seems incapable of adjusting to the changes and require more subsidizing than the average red voter. At least, that's the message that I've been receiving from an extreme partisan associated with the blue side. He keeps approaching me as if it's my problem and the issues that blues are having with minorities is my problem too. I don't really care if he makes you look stupid when I make him look stupid by telling him how stupid he looks/comes across to someone like me and how stupid the party who represents him and appears to behind over backwards and cater to his political wants/needs looks to me as well. Why is it that Cynic and I are able to see our differences, but you are unable to see our differences? Are you stupid? Are you not paying enough attention? Are you just another blue who acts like a blue and does what blues do every time a blue  gets upset?

FWIW, the blue side of the polity tends to reside in cities that have dynamic economies and they tend to do well themselves.  The red side is the one that tends to reside in declining areas and feels put-upon.  Reality check: West Virginia voted overwhelmingly for Trump.  So did Kentucky and ail the areas in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio where the economy is in decline.  So give it a rest.  We're not into "alternative facts".
(02-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]The economy has changed and the average blue seems incapable of adjusting to the changes and require more subsidizing than the average red voter. At least, that's the message that I've been receiving from an extreme partisan associated with the blue side. He keeps approaching me as if it's my problem and the issues that blues are having with minorities is my problem too. I don't really care if he makes you look stupid when I make him look stupid by telling him how stupid he looks/comes across to someone like me and how stupid the party who represents him and appears to behind over backwards and cater to his political wants/needs looks to me as well. Why is it that Cynic and I are able to see our differences, but you are unable to see our differences? Are you stupid? Are you not paying enough attention? Are you just another blue who acts like a blue and does what blues do every time a blue  gets upset?

Here you are throwing around the word 'stupid' a lot. I recently spotted another post here say all Republicans are evil. There's another familiar claim that everyone who doesn't support strong gun control is insane. This to me is a core part of partisans perceiving opposing partisans. Anyone who disagrees with somebody is labeled as having some sort of major mental flaw, as being incapable of rational thinking. This is not a red thing, nor a blue thing. It's a partisan thing. Anyone who doesn't agree with one is considered incapable of thinking straight.

And I'm very dubious about that. Someone who can't do long division in spite of exposure to a good education might be stupid. Someone who thinks they are Napoleon Bonaparte might be insane. As far as I know, no one who contributes here is truly mentally incompetent, but they are sure ready to declare anyone who disagree with them mentally incompetent.

(Expletive deleted.)

It's the person who can't contribute to the conversation except with insults and wild inaccurate stereotypes of how people who disagree with them think that have the problem. It's the person so locked into and committed to their own culture that they can't make any attempt to understand other cultures that makes conversation impossible.

Now, some people like to be independent, to do things for themselves. Others prefer to be parts of strong communities, where people help each other. Neither preference makes one mentally incompetent. Either philosophy can work, can result in content individuals and communities.

There can be problems when a strong government dedicated to one philosophy or another tries to force one size fits all solutions on everybody, whether they support the solution or not. When one side wants to tax everybody to provide a service that many don't need, when the other side tries do deny large numbers of people services which they do need, people are going to be sincerely upset and for good reason.

Sincere disagreement makes nobody stupid, insane or evil. Not being willing to discuss issues, preferring to throw insults and stereotypes around instead, does not help.
(02-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Classic, you're sounding like the stereotypical angry conservative uncle everyone tries to avoid and it's getting old. Rolleyes

-- y'all are actually reading that nonsense? I just scroll thru it
(02-21-2017, 10:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 03:49 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Classic Xer, you and other typical Republican voters say that it's "power monger"ing to require business to observe regulations that amount to behavior that they should do anyway: be fair to customers, pay workers a living wage and provide good working conditions, require wealthy speculators to behave responsibly rather than wreck the economy, support wars only when necessary, maintain a healthy environment and climate, not discriminate but uphold human rights, and pay fair taxes to help ourselves when the greedy and powerful hurt us. You consider that when we blues require these things of you guys, that this is power mongering like Genghis Kahn. You put out slogans that allowing business to do all these harmful things is "liberty" and "freedom." But it's not; it's only freedom for you bosses; slavery for everyone else.

You think freedom for the bosses means freedom for everyone. You think that people should be made to be obedient workers and that the purpose of work is to provide luxury for the elites. You think this luxury will trickle-down, but it doesn't. You think government can work without taxes, but it doesn't. Your way does not work for the people, and the statistics on life and human development in the blue and red states and under Democratic and Republican administrations proves this. But you choose to ignore the facts, because you are a boss, and you want all the benefits of the economy to flow to you and your buddies.

But you are a small time boss, and what you think benefits you, does not. It only benefits the big bosses.
Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

Fortunately I don't have to hang around you. As for being rude at public meetings, your Tea Party set a good example of that. And it seemed to work. I have to give it to your side though; you knew how to organize that rabble into votes. The Left doesn't always manage that so well. If you deck a blue, though, his or her halo will still be there. That's something you can't punch out, deny or destroy. In other words, we have the truth, and we have the connection to spirit and ideals that moves the world forward. Your side only holds it back.
(02-21-2017, 11:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2017, 10:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

Dude, every time you take a dump and flush the toilet, society is paying for it one way or another.

Oh, indeed so. And if it weren't for our side, and despite the resistance of your side, and folks like Drump and Pruitt, that stuff would still be in our drinking water. And you'd be paying for it with your life.
(02-22-2017, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Classic, you're sounding like the stereotypical angry conservative uncle everyone tries to avoid and it's getting old. Rolleyes

And it's part of the stereotype of the older nomad. "Get off my lawn." He is, indeed, a classic Xer Smile

Fred Mertz lives!

A real classic reactive nomad!
(02-22-2017, 11:13 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]

Here you are throwing around the word 'stupid' a lot.  I recently spotted another post here say all Republicans are evil.  There's another familiar claim that everyone who doesn't support strong gun control is insane.  This to me is a core part of partisans perceiving opposing partisans.  Anyone who disagrees with somebody is labeled as having some sort of major mental flaw, as being incapable of rational thinking.  This is not a red thing, nor a blue thing.  It's a partisan thing.  Anyone who doesn't agree with one is considered incapable of thinking straight.

And I'm very dubious about that.  Someone who can't do long division in spite of exposure to a good education might be stupid.  Someone who thinks they are Napoleon Bonaparte might be insane.  As far as I know, no one who contributes here is truly mentally incompetent, but they are sure ready to declare anyone who disagree with them mentally incompetent.

(Expletive deleted.)

It's the person who can't contribute to the conversation except with insults and wild inaccurate stereotypes of how people who disagree with them think that have the problem.  It's the person so locked into and committed to their own culture that they can't make any attempt to understand other cultures that makes conversation impossible.

Now, some people like to be independent, to do things for themselves.  Others prefer to be parts of strong communities, where people help each other.  Neither preference makes one mentally incompetent.  Either philosophy can work, can result in content individuals and communities.

There can be problems when a strong government dedicated to one philosophy or another tries to force one size fits all solutions on everybody, whether they support the solution or not.  When one side wants to tax everybody to provide a service that many don't need, when the other side tries do deny large numbers of people services which they do need, people are going to be sincerely upset and for good reason.

Sincere disagreement makes nobody stupid, insane or evil.  Not being willing to discuss issues, preferring to throw insults and stereotypes around instead, does not help.

All well and good, except for the fact that it often happens (and most certainly is happening today) that one side is more right than the other. And so, it has to be said. It may be upsetting to the red side that the government requires us all to pay for a service that they don't feel they need now. But these are services that we may (and likely will) need sooner or later. The red side does not understand social insurance. They happen to be wrong about that. 

And one side can be wrong about gun control too (although many here on the blue side don't support it). To continue to allow mass shootings and mass murder without any meaningful regulations can be considered insane, because we as a society are not willing to take the needed action and just continue to allow things to go on as they are. Remember the definition of insanity that Marypoza cited for me Smile
(02-22-2017, 01:33 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]

Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people  were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.

I probably need to develop some skills if I ever plan to go to Minnesota or Wisconsin and grapple with the angry red voters like Classic Xer over there Smile  As I mentioned before, some missionary work is going to be needed to redeem the Rust Belt for good sense. Better communication skills rather than insults and mere shouting will be needed, I'm sure. But maybe some martial arts skills too; considering some of the folks we might run into like Classic. There's probably no more polarized state in the country than Wisconsin.

Eric, you'd better off sticking  with your own crowd. You'd get much further by sticking with PB and Odin and whatever emotional twit/blue dip shit  who shows up. I know government needs taxes for it  to operate and fund social programs that blues seem to value more than the reds. Do you know that I know that or are you as stupid as Bob. Before we continue down this ugly road that we are on, that most choose to ignore or not pay attention to because that's how much blues matter to most these days. I need to know if the blue that I see on TV  screaming at and talking over people  were educated about manners and respect before someone or someone group tees off on one in public and begins a trend of teeing off on them every where in public. I can't stand blues in general.  I associate them with spoiled brats. I view them as being rude and obnoxious people. I've decked friends for being rude and obnoxious. Decking a blue male would be easier than decking a friend.

I stopped decking people when I was a HS Freshman. Since then, I've only done some self defense, blocking, and, the odd wrestling / martial arts take down leading to a hold. But no decking.
I haven't felt the need to deck anyone since high school. I did have a bit of a run in with one their dip shit trouble makers at a rally during the Bush years. I basically told the blue punk, he was lucky that the cops were there because without them, he would be dead meat laying the street. He stooped bothering my elderly mother pretty quick. Uppity Republicans lack the skills and instincts that are necessary to effectively counter uppity blue trash.
(02-22-2017, 01:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

I probably need to develop some skills if I ever plan to go to Minnesota or Wisconsin and grapple with the angry red voters like Classic Xer over there Smile  As I mentioned before, some missionary work is going to be needed to redeem the Rust Belt for good sense. Better communication skills rather than insults and mere shouting will be needed, I'm sure. But maybe some martial arts skills too; considering some of the folks we might run into like Classic. There's probably no more polarized state in the country than Wisconsin.
You'll be just fine as long as you don't stray away from the blue zones.
(02-22-2017, 02:59 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2017, 01:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

You'll be just fine as long as you don't stray away from the  blue zones.

Well, we'll have to go into the purple zones where people voted for Drump. So, it's more like a box of chocolates. Some Drump Gumps will be there.

And, well, of course it's not only martial artists or fists or whatever we'll need to watch out for. Remember, these are all crazy conceal and carry states now. It takes courage to venture into Trumpland now. Willingness to put your life on the line just for going there Sad
(02-22-2017, 12:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

And it's part of the stereotype of the older nomad. "Get off my lawn." He is, indeed, a classic Xer Smile

Fred Mertz lives!

What do you expect a nomad to say when an immature blue raised by liberal candy ass parents is fucking up my yard?
Yes, I think your yard is important and should not be fucked up by one of us spoiled brat liberal artist or prophet kids. I thoroughly agree.

Read now how the likes of Classic Xer gets through the day, with the help of these creepy blue liberals. A classic rant, I'd say! To wit:

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It's noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.

Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

COPY and PASTE if you wish to share.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16