Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 144,344
» Latest member: JerryExalo
» Forum threads: 2,066
» Forum posts: 56,344

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 226 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 226 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
WHATSAPP +4917636131686)W...
Forum: General Political Discussion
Last Post: besbian1990
Yesterday, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
WHATSAPP +4917636131686))...
Forum: Old Fourth Turning Forum Posts
Last Post: besbian1990
Yesterday, 07:37 AM
» Views: 14
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: Forum feedback
Last Post: markcarls
Yesterday, 05:06 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: About the Forums and Website
Yesterday, 05:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
Whatsapp +16465806302 Kup...
Forum: Announcements
Yesterday, 05:03 AM
» Views: 22
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
Forum: Turnings
Last Post: leonmulla744
04-24-2024, 11:33 PM
» Views: 17
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Forum: Special Topics/G-T Lounge
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:26 PM
» Views: 38
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:22 PM
» Views: 27
führerschein umtauschen (...
Forum: Theories Of History
04-21-2024, 11:30 PM
» Views: 38
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
04-21-2024, 11:23 PM
» Views: 22

Generation Theory Thread
Posted by: Mikebert - 05-12-2017, 03:14 PM - Forum: Theories Of History - Replies (39)

This social moment is not mapping into a 4T.  If this is actually the case we would have a situation in which (in S&H terminology) we would have another skipped Civic generation or anomaly. But I do not buy the Civil War anomaly. I think there was a Civil War gen born over ca. 1840-1858 (T Roosevelt, Wilson and Debs as were in this gen) which oversaw a 2T in elderhood as did the GIs. I will note that the Revolutionary generation did *not* oversee a 2T--they were mostly dead by the 1830's core years of the 2T. I believe that the Millies, like the Revolutionary gen, will oversee a social moment that over ca. 2047-2066 that is *not* a 2T. In fact it will be a 4T.

Print this item

Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler
Posted by: tamijothidam - 05-12-2017, 01:58 AM - Forum: Religion, Spirituality and Astrology - Replies (3)

1. North-east is ruled by Sadasiva or God Himself. This direction is paramount, and so should be kept clean, open and highly receptive in a welcome "mode" always.
2. East is ruled by Indra, the chief of the gods, giver of pleasures. The direction also represents the realm of the rising Sun projecting ultra-violet rays, which makes essential for health in several ways.
3. South-east (Agneya) is the habitat of fire, the storehouse of energy. 
4. South is the abode of Yama, the god of death.
5. South-west is the abode of Putna, the demoness. 

6. West is the abode of Varuna, the god of ocean. It is also the direction of the setting Sun which gives infra-red radiation.
7. North-west is the abode of air/wind, the invisible, but the most effective blessing for all objects in need of motion/movement for their efficiency.
8. North is the abode of Kuber, the god of wealth.

Print this item

Is the Era of Traditional Emplyment Over
Posted by: beechnut79 - 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM - Forum: Society and Culture - Replies (6)

Just the other day I happened across a post in the New York Times responding to an article which appeared there. The poster is listed simply as cb (lower case) so I cannot give him/her full credit. But this is what the poster said:

In American, perhaps throughout the other Western nations, there has emerged a new phenomenon - the rapid explosion of a class of people who for various reasons, do not fit in, are not currently able to function in modernity. There are millions of these people. Their old way of life has disappeared. They find themselves untethered, adrift, unable to provide for themselves, their families. The era of traditional jobs/work is over, done, finished, a remnant of earlier times. What can be done for them? Rather than have them look for work when there is no work, and let them starve, enlightened countries should create/provide large agrarian based communities for them to work the land, along with other related farm activities commonplace in an earlier era. What can be done when there is no solution? The challenge is immense.

There it is. In analyzing this post, it does more and more seem as though the first few sentences are right on--that lifetime employment in a single company or industry has pretty much gone the way of the dodo, most likely never to return. But the idea of returning to the land is no doubt several years too late because most of the land that once could have been used for said purposes has long since been converted to shopping malls and office buildings, most of which are now having their own set of issues. There are what are known as "intentional communities", usually for certain types of individuals such as, say, artists. But they are just a drop in the bucket right now. The folks the poster describes here hit home for me personally because, although coming from a fairly well-to-do family I personally have struggled for the majority of my adult life, most likely due to a condition of social awkwardness which became commonly known as Asperger's Syndrome. I always wanted to be more social but have usually had difficulty obtaining such. Ironically at a time when we are actually becoming less social due to the invasion of technology, there is actually less tolerance for social awkwardness in our workplaces. Therefore, most of my life when I was able to obtain work I was relegated to the living paycheck to paycheck scenario.

The scenario the poster paints toward the end is reminiscent in its own ways of both a modern maturity version of the hippie communes a half century later, or the reservations the Native Americans were forced onto.  Whatever it appears it is a said state of affairs nonetheless.

Print this item

In rural Wisconsin, researcher found roots of Trump's revolution
Posted by: Odin - 05-09-2017, 06:14 PM - Forum: Society and Culture - Replies (14)

I heard this great program on public radio about a month ago. It's about Wisconsin, but I see the same things in rural Minnesota.

Print this item

Trump Fires Comey
Posted by: Odin - 05-09-2017, 06:09 PM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (42)

Looks like Trump has done his own Saturday Night Massacre. This really is a shitty Nixon rerun...

Print this item

Class of ’27
Posted by: Dan '82 - 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM - Forum: Homeland Generation/New Adaptive Generation - Replies (1)

Quote:Filmed in the hollows of Appalachia, on native lands of the Upper Midwest and in West Coast migrant camps, Class of ’27 presents distinct yet complementary personal stories from places too often ignored in America. Each of the three portraits demonstrates that children from distressed communities, despite their circumstances, are more likely to grow into productive and civically engaged adults if they receive support in their earliest years. Committed to supporting the children’s potential, each community is a place of hope, inspiration and resilience. 

http://worldchannel.org/programs/episode...ass-of-27/

Print this item

Fading Silent
Posted by: GeekyCynic - 05-06-2017, 01:14 AM - Forum: Generations - Replies (5)

Both of my Silent grandmothers ('28 and '34 cohorts) have been having health problems lately and I know my time with them may be limited. This and also the fact that most of the newspaper obituaries are Silent has hit home to me how their generation is now deep in old age and is slowly beginning to leave us (in spite of a few active Silent in public life like Bernie Sanders, Nancy Pelosi, John McCain, etc). Has anyone else had to deal with the decline or passing of aging Silent family members? What do you think will be the ultimate legacy of a generation that has often been overlooked by historians?

Print this item

Puerto Rico Declares Bankruptcy
Posted by: pbrower2a - 05-05-2017, 08:43 AM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (17)

With its creditors at its heels and its coffers depleted, Puerto Rico sought what is essentially bankruptcy relief in federal court on Wednesday, the first time in history that an American state or territory had taken the extraordinary measure.
The action sent Puerto Rico, whose approximately $123 billion in debt and pension obligations far exceeds the $18 billion bankruptcy filed by Detroit in 2013, to uncharted ground.

While the court proceedings could eventually make the island solvent for the first time in decades, the more immediate repercussions will likely be grim: Government workers will forgo pension money, public health and infrastructure projects will go wanting, and the “brain drain” the island has been suffering as professionals move to the mainland could intensify.
Puerto Rico is “unable to provide its citizens effective services” because of the crushing weight of its debt, according to a filing on Wednesday by the federal board that has supervised the island’s financial affairs since last year.

The total includes about $74 billion in bond debt and $49 billion in unfunded pension obligations.
While many of Puerto Rico’s circumstances are unique, its case is also a warning sign for many American states and municipalities — such as Illinois and Philadelphia — that are facing some of the same strains, including rising pension costs, crumbling infrastructure, departing taxpayers and credit downgrades that make it more expensive to raise money. Historically, Puerto Rico was barred from declaring bankruptcy. In the end, however, financial reality trumped the statutes, and Congress enacted a law last year allowing bankruptcy-like proceedings.
Puerto Rico has been in a painful recession since 2006, and previous governments dug it deeper into debt by borrowing to pay operating expenses, year after year. For the last two years, officials have been seeking assistance from Washington, testifying before stern congressional committees and even making fast-track oral arguments before the United States Supreme Court.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/busin....html?_r=0

I predict political consequences far beyond Puerto Rico. What do you think?

Print this item

Today’s College Freshmen Are…
Posted by: Dan '82 - 05-03-2017, 10:44 PM - Forum: The Millennial Generation - Replies (3)

https://www.the-american-interest.com/20...shmen-are/

Quote:The Chronicle of Higher Education has a new web tool for exploring trends in the attitudes and opinions of incoming American college freshmen as measured by UCLA’s nationwide freshman survey. During the survey’s lifetime, the demographics of higher education have changed significantly—a larger share of high school graduates (especially women) attend college today than in 1972. So it’s impossible to say for sure which changes are the result of the UCLA survey’s changing sample composition, and which are the result of broader cultural shifts among young people. Nonetheless, few of the changes say particularly encouraging things about the future of America’s middle and upper classes. Here are some of the results we found interesting...

https://www.the-american-interest.com/20...shmen-are/

Print this item

Millennials with college degrees don’t favor censorship
Posted by: Dan '82 - 05-03-2017, 08:56 PM - Forum: The Millennial Generation - Replies (26)

http://gnxp.nofe.me/2017/05/03/millennia...ensorship/?

Quote:There’s a specter haunting the academy. The specter of “red guards” destroying lives and tearing down Western civilization and all its accomplishments in the interests of antinomian leveling impulses through denunciations and purges. (here is the latest instance; the whole thing leaves me yawning, because too few people have the courage or gall to stand up for what they know is right, so this will happen again and again and again)
I am plain in my view that this is a problem. Some of my friends in the academy agree, but in the end they make different choices about priorities. Others don’t think this is a problem at all (and honestly, they clearly think that free speech is more about speech that they think is acceptable). Ultimately I don’t think that this will end well; I’m most certainly going to be on the other side of people whom I consider friends if and when the end of our current liberal democratic order collapses of its own contradictions.
But this isn’t about that. Rather, it’s about an aspect of it: are Millennials, those born after 1980, who go to college more opposed to freedom of speech than previous generations? Is this what’s driving the flair up of campus events? The answer, as clear in the GSS is that Millennials who have gone to college are not more censorious...

http://gnxp.nofe.me/2017/05/03/millennia...ensorship/?

Print this item