Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 144,345
» Latest member: Jamesoxinc
» Forum threads: 2,066
» Forum posts: 56,344

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 229 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 229 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
WHATSAPP +4917636131686)W...
Forum: General Political Discussion
Last Post: besbian1990
Yesterday, 07:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
WHATSAPP +4917636131686))...
Forum: Old Fourth Turning Forum Posts
Last Post: besbian1990
Yesterday, 07:37 AM
» Views: 15
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: Forum feedback
Last Post: markcarls
Yesterday, 05:06 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
Whatsapp: +16465806302 Bu...
Forum: About the Forums and Website
Yesterday, 05:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
Whatsapp +16465806302 Kup...
Forum: Announcements
Yesterday, 05:03 AM
» Views: 22
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
Forum: Turnings
Last Post: leonmulla744
04-24-2024, 11:33 PM
» Views: 17
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Forum: Special Topics/G-T Lounge
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:26 PM
» Views: 39
WHERE CAN I BUY COUNTERF...
Last Post: hariiscarlos
04-22-2024, 06:22 PM
» Views: 27
führerschein umtauschen (...
Forum: Theories Of History
04-21-2024, 11:30 PM
» Views: 39
Kaufen deutschen Führersc...
04-21-2024, 11:23 PM
» Views: 23

New paradigms in science and knowledge
Posted by: Eric the Green - 06-07-2017, 07:45 PM - Forum: Religion, Spirituality and Astrology - Replies (2)

I thought of something to add to the discussion about quantum theory I was having with Bob, because I mentioned he might still be in the Saturn/brown stage in planetary dynamics in regard to his Newtonian views (the Saturn era being the last stage of the agricultural age, the age of kings and early western science). He claims Many Worlds is an interpretation of quantum theory that takes us beyond the Newtonian paradigm, and that emotion is a factor in the outcome of probabilities.

Plato and Heidegger as philosophers don't agree on a whole lot, but they both said that "care" is a determinative factor in human reality, at least. Care is an emotion, in a sense, and it could also be called love. Consciousness, which is recognized as a factor in updated Copenhagen versions of quantum theory, entered quantum theory as "the observer" which affects experiments. Care is a conscious emotion, and more than this, it is intentional. It conveys interest, or purposive behavior.

June distinguished "emotion" from "feeling." The latter includes love and caring, which are identified with F-feeling on many test questions of MBTI. People with strong F are those who care about relationships and people. Emotion, Jung said, was more reactive; an automatic physical expression. But IF emotion is taken to mean something like care or love, then Bob's physics enters territory compatible with existential and essentialist philosophy and with mystical awareness, in which the universe may be uncertain and spontaneous, but not "random," because there is intention within it.

Print this item

We Need Militant Nationalism
Posted by: X_4AD_84 - 05-26-2017, 10:14 AM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (85)

The Nationalism I refer to is not based on:
- Ethnicity
- Political Party
- Race
- Sex
- Sexual orientation
- Nationality of origin

Or any other personal characteristic.

It is based solely on a deeply held belief in formative principles and a life long commitment to defend and uphold the US Constitution.

Imagine the formations which are possible based on this type of Nationalist concept. We could have a Citizens' Army that includes everyone from Communists to Constitutional Conservatives. The only exclusions would be for Totalitarians and others who do not believe in:
- Rule of law (and specifically, the Anglo-American constructs inherited from English Common Law)
- Human Rights
- The Scientific Method
- The "Arrow of Progress" described in this Forum by Bob Butler.
- Equal Opportunity
- And other classically American freedoms and positive rights

There are among our great land promising Arch Generals who are not caught up in the dark, negative patterns we have witnessed latterly in the 2016 Election and in or around the Trump Administration, White Nationalism, Duginism, Alt-Right, etc.

The ability to marshal greatness is not limited to any particular political group or set of them. There is an element in the human spirit which can align with marshaling of the good tenets of human progress and natural rights.

Let us begin the process.

Print this item

Recent Assaults Against Freedom of Speech and the Press
Posted by: gabrielle - 05-26-2017, 09:31 AM - Forum: General Political Discussion - Replies (13)

There have been a number of alarming incidents lately.

Trump hails 'great win in Montana' for candidate who body-slammed Guardian reporter

Reporter Arrested in West Virginia After Persistently Asking Questions of Tom Price

A Jury Just Convicted a Woman for Laughing At Jeff Sessions

As far as I know Trump has said nothing about this incident, which happened the day he welcomed Erdogan to the White House:

Turkey Demands US Apology For Interrupting As Erdogan's Bodyguards Beat Up Protesters

Print this item

New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents?
Posted by: Warren Dew - 05-20-2017, 05:24 AM - Forum: Homeland Generation/New Adaptive Generation - Replies (19)

Quote:Teenagers born after 2000 - the so-called 'Generation Z' - are the most socially conservative generation since the Second World War, a new study has found.
The youngsters surveyed had more conservative views on gay marriage, transgender rights and drugs than Baby Boomers, Generation X or Millennials.
The questioned were more prudent than Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers but not quite as cash-savvy as those born in 1945 or before. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790614/They-don-t-like-drugs-gay-marriage-HATE-tattoos-Generation-Z-conservative-WW2.html#ixzz4hc4xPo3f
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...e-WW2.html

Edit:  and a hypothesis about why:

Quote:Forget Millennials.  A new generation is coming of age:  Generation-Z.

It’s being heralded as the most conservative generation since 1945.

One reason, according to Charlie Peters, a member of that generation in Great Britain, is their love of freedom.  Not long ago, that impulse led young people to embrace the causes of the Left.  But now the Left is associated with suppressing freedom.

Now that Generation-Zs are entering the university, they are chafing against the Leftist establishment’s rejection of free speech.  These young people, Peters observes, grew up on the internet and social media where people can hold any position and say whatever they want.  So when they come to the university with its speech codes and taboo ideas, they don’t like it.  So they are becoming conservatives.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/geneveith/2...eration-z/

A solid generation of libertarians would be great.

Print this item

When the Silent dominated the Senate
Posted by: GeekyCynic - 05-19-2017, 03:14 PM - Forum: History Forum - Replies (6)

Anita Hill hearing in 1991 when the Silent had a peak majority in the Senate (65 out of 100). I wonder how a hearing like this would go now with a Boomer-dominated Senate. I'm guessing a lot less collegial and more openly combative. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7KSINLF5U

Print this item

Here is an example of how government creates problems.
Posted by: Galen - 05-19-2017, 05:48 AM - Forum: Economics - Replies (24)

Here is an example of how government creates problems that the free market solves quite easily.

Print this item

"I write like"
Posted by: pbrower2a - 05-14-2017, 11:49 PM - Forum: Special Topics/G-T Lounge - Replies (2)

This is just for fun. I question whether anyone here is a unique writer... we all have our mannerisms, our emphases, our predictable sentence structure, our word choice, and our biases. I doubt that anyone here is going to find himself being  compared to William Shakespeare or Emily Dickinson, or for that matter (GAAAK!) Donald Trump or Sarah Palin. 

Here's my analogue:

Cory Efram Doctorow (born July 17, 1971) is a Canadian-British blogger, journalist, and science fiction author who serves as co-editor of the weblog Boing Boing. He is an activist in favour of liberalising copyright laws and a proponent of the Creative Commons organization, using some of their licences for his books. Some common themes of his work include digital rights management, file sharing, and "post-scarcity" economics.

...I am about sixteen years older, and although I was born within about a four-hour drive from where he was born, my father was definitely not born in a refugee camp in Azerbaijan. I used to be up-to-date on computer technology -- about when he was a teenager. That is over -- long over.

Print this item

The Generation with No Disney Princess
Posted by: GeekyCynic - 05-13-2017, 11:30 PM - Forum: Generation X - Replies (5)

Interesting article about how there was a 30 year gap (1959-1989) between the making of Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid where Disney didn't make a single princess movie. This period just happens to coincide with the Xer childhood era, making Xers the only generation since the Silent to not have a Disney Princess in their youth (unless you count watching older princess movies growing up). The Silent had Snow White, Boomers had Cinderella and Aurora, while Milennials had every princess from Ariel (The Little Mermaid) to Tiana (The Princess and the Frog), and New Silent so far have Rapunzel, Anna & Elsa, and Moana.

http://www.jenx67.com/2014/07/generation...ncess.html

Print this item

Theory In India
Posted by: kal_in_india - 05-13-2017, 11:11 PM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi guys, this is my first time posting in a message board. I am a fan of Neil Howe generational theory and fell in love with the book The Fourth Turning.

I have an amateur interest in history, and I tried to find if Neil Howe ever talked about India. I have not been able to find any such video or text. Is there any place where he talks about it ? Please link that below.

Also I would like to open a discussion about the fourth turning in India. My understanding is that India is currently in late 3T or starting of 4T and there is i turning lag between India and the Western seculae. I think Narendra Modi's election in 2014 was the shot that signalled the changing of season from 3T to 4T. This coincided with the arrival of American style culture wars ( hindutva ) in politics as well as on nightly news. I would like to hear more about it.

Print this item

Famous New Silent (so far)
Posted by: GeekyCynic - 05-13-2017, 05:56 PM - Forum: Homeland Generation/New Adaptive Generation - Replies (4)

Caylee Anthony (b. 2005), murder victim

"Honey Boo-Boo" (b. 2005), reality TV star

McKenna Grace (b. 2006), actress (Gifted

Aubrey Anderson-Emmons (b. 2007), actress (Modern Family)

Suleman octuplets (b. 2009)

Claire Ryann Crosby (b. 2012), YouTube singing sensation

Print this item