Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Presidential election, 2016
(01-06-2017, 12:47 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 01:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 09:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Danilynn, the rural folks are responsible for the 1% OWNING OUR COUNTRY.

They put the politicians in office that made it such.

Now, just WHO is that "maligning?" Since you seem to be all in favor of the political arrangements and policies that created this condition of our country, why not then just be proud of it, and not consider it an insult? If it's what you favor, then why would you consider it "evil"?

You could follow Warren Dew's example. He just tries to argue that I and others are incorrect about those policies, and that the policies that you also favor as well as he, are correct.

You're more financially reliant (owned by as you say) on the 1% than any of us and you don't seem to realize it.

I don't know how you know so much about me. That has always puzzled me about you Smile
You are a blue recruiter. What else do I need to know about you?
He is also a complete moron.  Not a whole lot to figure out.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(01-06-2017, 01:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 05:03 AM)Galen Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 12:47 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 01:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You're more financially reliant (owned by as you say) on the 1% than any of us and you don't seem to realize it.

I don't know how you know so much about me. That has always puzzled me about you Smile
You are a blue recruiter. What else do I need to know about you?
He is also a complete moron.  Not a whole lot to figure out.

(01-06-2017, 12:53 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:00 AM)taramarie Wrote: Play nice kids!

He's our resident bully.

And I write that in the context of having Classic X around here. But Classic does not really call other users here "throw-away" disparaging names even though he's a bit of a tough guy. Galen on the other hand just can't contain himself.

I see the first exchange above as typical in a broad sense.  "Blue recruiter" would be a vile stereotype.  Instead of interacting with an individual, the individual gets stereotyped as a blue recruiter and all blue recruiters are alike.  Why bother to listen to what the other guy is saying when you have him neatly stereotyped?

I've also grumbled often about extreme partisans considering extreme partisans of an opposite flavor to be stupid, insane, evil, brainwashed or otherwise incapable of sincere thought.  The 'Moron' fits into that pattern.

This isn't to say Eric doesn't do some of the same stuff.  Anyone who disagrees with him on gun policy is insane.

There isn't a lot one can do about it, but too much of the conversation around here is of this ilk.  It's not about policy, it's about silly games that allow one to disparage anyone who disagrees without actually talking about the issues.

What we don't need are posters playing moderator or assuming the role of therapist. You Bob or Tara are certainly not qualified for that role, as you do the same things you complain about in others. I am not qualified either, nor is anyone here. Just discuss the issues. If someone feels stereotyped, they are perfectly capable of responding and denying the label. As for someone with whom dialogue is impossible for another, there's the ignore list.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-06-2017, 01:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I see the first exchange above as typical in a broad sense.  "Blue recruiter" would be a vile stereotype.

And yet, I'm pretty sure Eric takes it as a compliment.

Or maybe you somehow think "vile stereotype" is a synonym for "compliment".  Certainly that would make a lot of your posts make more sense.
(01-06-2017, 08:40 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 01:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I see the first exchange above as typical in a broad sense.  "Blue recruiter" would be a vile stereotype.

And yet, I'm pretty sure Eric takes it as a compliment.

I'm dubious. Eric? Your thoughts?

(01-06-2017, 08:40 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Or maybe you somehow think "vile stereotype" is a synonym for "compliment".  Certainly that would make a lot of your posts make more sense.

Nope. You are way off on what I'm saying, which is hardly surprising.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-06-2017, 10:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: When Bob says  "vile stereotype" I am positive he is meaning just that. He would probably be mentioning that because of the fact it is far too often used as a way of shutting down differing opinions which do not match preconceived and concrete notions/opinions on how the country/world etc is or the way that it should be.

I'd say that's an excellent description of how Bob uses the term "vile stereotype" - as a way of shutting down conversation that doesn't confirm his prejudices.
(01-06-2017, 10:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: When Bob says  "vile stereotype" I am positive he is meaning just that. He would probably be mentioning that because of the fact it is far too often used as a way of shutting down differing opinions which do not match preconceived and concrete notions/opinions on how the country/world etc is or the way that it should be. Like me I believe Bob is concerned about how people are actually getting through to each other as historically carrying on with tribal mind can have some disastrous effects. But Bob can correct me if I am wrong of course.

Personally I think that the parties will not be able to continue the way they are and will need to be reshaped by newer generations for a fresh start. (I have even heard American millennials say as such which gives me hope this will happen).

Bob is doing his best to exclude (protect) himself from sharp ridicule and doing his best to avoid being caught/stuck (getting hurt) in the middle of the crossfire. A decade ago, Bob positioned himself on the front line fighting directly with me over Iraq. Bob must not have seen ISIS forming and taking over as a possibility or Bob hasn't recognized (refused to recognize) the foreign threat that we still face as nation or he didn't care about the result in Iraq as much as he cared about winning an election? Does "blue recruiter" sound VILE or come across as the use of VILE language to you? Does my use of "blue recruiter" with a self proclaimed/obvious blue recruiter look/sound/come across like a use of a "vile stereotype" to you? How many blues are still recruiting here? Is Bob still recruiting like he was ten years ago? I'm not here to recruit. I'm not paid to politically recruit. I'm here on my own free will to directly engage with blue recruiters for free and educate them on how far they're off from ever being able to recruit people (someone like me) like me.
(01-06-2017, 09:10 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I'm dubious.  Eric?  Your thoughts?
He seemed to take it as a compliment when I conjured it up and used it as an accurate describe him/his motives earlier. You must have missed that personal exchange between the two of us.
(01-07-2017, 02:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 01:38 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 10:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: When Bob says  "vile stereotype" I am positive he is meaning just that. He would probably be mentioning that because of the fact it is far too often used as a way of shutting down differing opinions which do not match preconceived and concrete notions/opinions on how the country/world etc is or the way that it should be. Like me I believe Bob is concerned about how people are actually getting through to each other as historically carrying on with tribal mind can have some disastrous effects. But Bob can correct me if I am wrong of course.

Personally I think that the parties will not be able to continue the way they are and will need to be reshaped by newer generations for a fresh start. (I have even heard American millennials say as such which gives me hope this will happen).

Bob is doing his best to exclude (protect) himself from sharp ridicule and doing his best to avoid being caught/stuck (getting hurt) in the middle of the crossfire. A decade ago, Bob positioned himself on the front line fighting directly with me over Iraq. Bob must not have seen ISIS forming and taking over as a possibility or Bob hasn't recognized (refused to recognize) the foreign threat that we still face as nation or he didn't care about the result in Iraq as much as he cared about winning an election? Does "blue recruiter" sound VILE or come across as the use of VILE language to you? Does my use of "blue recruiter" with a self proclaimed/obvious blue recruiter look/sound/come across like a use of a "vile stereotype" to you? How many blues are still recruiting here? Is Bob still recruiting like he was ten years ago?  I'm not here to recruit. I'm not paid to politically recruit. I'm here on my own free will to directly engage with blue recruiters for free and educate them on how far they're off from ever being able to recruit people (someone like me) like me.
That was 10 years ago. Do you allow room for people to change themselves? I want to see what he is like now. Not a decade ago as that is not relevant to his current position. Blue recruiter does not sound vile to me nor does red recruiter. It depends on the individual and how they interpret it though.
10 years ago, Bob formed my initial impression of him as a person. The impression of himself that he formed  (the mind of a hard core American who loves/highly respects his country, loves/highly reflects its flag and loves/highly respects the old piece of paper (US Constitution) that separates us (America) from Europe) wasn't a positive impression. As far as impressions go, I'm not in charge of changing his impressions. I'm in charge of changing my own impressions that are received by others. I'm not here recruiting. I'm not here to meet new people and to make new friends. I'm here to take on/take out blue recruiters/blue activist and open up/free up the discussions. You have your way to accomplish it. I have my ways to accomplish it.
(01-07-2017, 01:57 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 11:21 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 10:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: When Bob says  "vile stereotype" I am positive he is meaning just that. He would probably be mentioning that because of the fact it is far too often used as a way of shutting down differing opinions which do not match preconceived and concrete notions/opinions on how the country/world etc is or the way that it should be.

I'd say that's an excellent description of how Bob uses the term "vile stereotype" - as a way of shutting down conversation that doesn't confirm his prejudices.
Well lets just see what he says but I figure he is like me and uses it for all political parties and their voters.
What doesn't Bob view/associate as a vile stereotype these days? Bob is associated with a political party. Bob is an older Democrat.
(01-07-2017, 03:00 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:49 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 01:38 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Bob is doing his best to exclude (protect) himself from sharp ridicule and doing his best to avoid being caught/stuck (getting hurt) in the middle of the crossfire. A decade ago, Bob positioned himself on the front line fighting directly with me over Iraq. Bob must not have seen ISIS forming and taking over as a possibility or Bob hasn't recognized (refused to recognize) the foreign threat that we still face as nation or he didn't care about the result in Iraq as much as he cared about winning an election? Does "blue recruiter" sound VILE or come across as the use of VILE language to you? Does my use of "blue recruiter" with a self proclaimed/obvious blue recruiter look/sound/come across like a use of a "vile stereotype" to you? How many blues are still recruiting here? Is Bob still recruiting like he was ten years ago?  I'm not here to recruit. I'm not paid to politically recruit. I'm here on my own free will to directly engage with blue recruiters for free and educate them on how far they're off from ever being able to recruit people (someone like me) like me.
That was 10 years ago. Do you allow room for people to change themselves? I want to see what he is like now. Not a decade ago as that is not relevant to his current position. Blue recruiter does not sound vile to me nor does red recruiter. It depends on the individual and how they interpret it though.
10 years ago, Bob formed my initial impression of him as a person. The impression of himself that he formed  (the mind of a hard core American who loves/highly respects his country, loves/highly reflects its flag and loves/highly respects the old piece of paper (US Constitution) that separates us (America) from Europe) wasn't a positive impression. As far as impressions go, I'm not in charge of changing his impressions. I'm in charge of changing my own impressions that are received by others. I'm not here recruiting. I'm not here to meet new people and to make new friends. I'm here to take on/take out blue recruiters/blue activist and open up/free up the discussions. You have your way to accomplish it. I have my ways to accomplish it.

So, going by your first impression does that mean it does not matter what happens, how life experiences changes him your idea of who he is is never going to change just because of your first impression of who he was a decade ago? A lot can change in 10 years. Ten years ago I was quite a different person myself. No confidence, no direction and depressed. Now I am the opposite of that. You also may have been a different person too. I would never want to judge you on who you were as that is not who you are today. It feels great to have an open mind and let people develop. Yes, you are in charge of changing your own impressions. We agree on that. Every one is. I am just giving some food for thought and that is all. People change. We should allow that change. Open up/free up discussions....do you think they are listening? Likewise do you think you are listening to them? I respect freedom...truly I do. I always have due to how I was raised in an overprotective environment. But again, I have to ask...is your strategy working? Because I do have to question what works and what doesn't.
Bob formed an impression and reinforced it for several years. Bob's approach has changed from more aggressive to more defensive and a bit more agreeable/ acceptable over the last ten years. I assume the impression of us (the real Republican voters who post here), the impression of American people/voters like me and others here that he's received over the years has had something to do with the changes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? - YARTed Kinser79 58 43,705 05-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  [split] If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory Galen 1 3,374 03-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  [split] Fight for 15 D.O.A. Galen 0 2,394 03-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Galen
  [split] Invoke the 25th SomeGuy 0 1,857 03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: SomeGuy
  [split] Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? Tuss 3 4,973 02-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Tuss
  [split] The mystery of Millennial politics SomeGuy 0 2,493 02-02-2017, 05:56 PM
  [split] Presidential election, 2016 SomeGuy 8 8,840 01-14-2017, 05:44 PM
  [split] Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil playwrite 8 13,515 12-29-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  [split] Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination Bronsin 16 21,928 10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Webmaster