Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the left has devolved to.
(02-03-2017, 06:07 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: So because some black bloc non-students came on campus and broke some windows, UC should be defunded? Is that it, then?

More like because the police just stood around and did nothing about the riot.  I wonder who issued the stand down order?  This seems to happen a lot in large cities run by Democrats these days.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(02-03-2017, 11:25 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: Madonna talking about blowing up the White House wasn't hate speech?

You see to the left anyone who disagrees with them is sub-human.  They may never say it but they sure act like it.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(02-03-2017, 11:25 PM)nihilist moron Wrote: Madonna talking about blowing up the White House wasn't hate speech?
Not really, but I think she'd be really happy if anyone (ISIS included) were to do it.

It's not terrorism

terrorism, legal definition Wrote:Terrorism
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives.
Since the September 11th Attacks on the United States in 2001, which resulted in the destruction of the World Trade Center in New York City and severe damage to the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., the United States has changed its priorities to focus upon eradicating terrorism in the world. Terrorism involves the systematic use of terror or violence to achieve political goals. The targets of terrorism include government officials, identified individuals or groups, and innocent bystanders. In most cases terrorists seek to overthrow or destabilize an existing political regime, but totalitarian and dictatorial governments also use terror to maintain their power.

Although George Soros again needs to be investigated to see if he is providing material support for the overthrow or destabilization of the US.

So, apparently, Madonna was only engaging in hate speech which is protected under the FA. She used words, but not actual actions.
---Value Added Cool
(02-03-2017, 11:16 PM)Galen Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 06:07 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: So because some black bloc non-students came on campus and broke some windows, UC should be defunded? Is that it, then?

More like because the police just stood around and did nothing about the riot.  I wonder who issued the stand down order?  This seems to happen a lot in large cities run by Democrats these days.

Yup.  I think that's what happened.  So that means that anyone injured or had their property damaged by said black bloccers should be able to sue for damages under cause of negligence.  That means UC in the least needs their asses sued off.
---Value Added Cool
(02-04-2017, 12:17 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

It's not terrorism

terrorism, legal definition Wrote:Terrorism
The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property in order to coerce or intimidate a government or the civilian population in furtherance of political or social objectives.
Since the September 11th Attacks on the United States in 2001, which resulted in the destruction of the World Trade Center in New York City and severe damage to the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., the United States has changed its priorities to focus upon eradicating terrorism in the world. Terrorism involves the systematic use of terror or violence to achieve political goals. The targets of terrorism include government officials, identified individuals or groups, and innocent bystanders. In most cases terrorists seek to overthrow or destabilize an existing political regime, but totalitarian and dictatorial governments also use terror to maintain their power.

Although George Soros again needs to be investigated to see if he is providing material support for the overthrow or destabilization of the US.

So, apparently, Madonna was only engaging in hate speech which is protected under the FA. She used words, but not actual actions.

-- dunno if it's true or not but l heard Soros us behind Justice Dems  Angry still trying to find confirmation 1 way or another

Madonna is an attention ho. Ignore her
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(02-04-2017, 12:35 AM)Marypoza Wrote:

It's not terrorism

-- dunno if it's true or not but l heard Soros us behind Justice Dems  Angry still trying to find confirmation 1 way or another

Soros: Here's a goodie on his mischief
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewS...sp?id=1237

I'm beginning to like Mexico:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03...gly-likely

If that guy wins, then that's another crater for Soro's global village horseshit.  As for this year, I hope some countries in the Eurozone blow up and make even more craters.

Justice Democrats: found no links between Soros and them.

Madonna:  Yeah, never cared for her or her music.
---Value Added Cool
(02-04-2017, 12:56 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

It's not terrorism

I'm beginning to like Mexico:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-03...gly-likely

If that guy wins, then that's another crater for Soro's global village horseshit.  As for this year, I hope some countries in the Eurozone blow up and make even more craters.

-- Rags have you looked around that discover the networks site? Bad as Soros is, they're even worse. They're batshit crazy
(02-04-2017, 01:18 AM)Marypoza Wrote:

It's not terrorism

-- Rags have you looked around that discover the networks site? Bad as Soros is, they're even worse. They're batshit crazy

Yeah, it's only good for checking for Soros stuff. The other stuff besides what I linked to can be safely ignored.
---Value Added Cool
I'll volunteer my thoughts as a left millennial.

Milo tests the boundaries of intent for free speech laws regularly. In EU countries he would be over the line. Here's a representative article from the papers:

Quote:In a December talk at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, he disparaged a male-to-female transgender student, showed the student’s picture to the audience on a screen, and said the student’s attempt to change gender identity had failed because “I can still bang him.”

This is a common alt-righter tactic of presenting someone as a target and drowning it in satire so that it is "just a joke," while greenlighting followers to engage in harassment. The target is not someone previously newsworthy, yet the intent is slanderous. Twitter is rife with campaigns of this sort, conducted primarily online but often involving "doxxing" of persons, including addresses, finances, etc. As with any tight criminal operation, the ringleaders stay in the lines and emerge clean, while the anonymous followers use the information and coordination to do the dirty work. Some of them get arrested in the process, many get away with it.

In essence, the law is being treated as a minor barrier to hate movement goals.

Edit: I just learned of another newspaper article confirming something I had been hearing, which is that at this rally, Milo planned to out undocumented students at Berkeley.

So, now let's talk about what the left and the black bloc are doing in response. The left has followed the right a few years late, perhaps held back by Obama's election, and decided on a counter approach:

1. No-platform Milo in the literal sense
  2. By causing an incident, force him into public discussion, thus shining a light on his activities and the movement he is involved in
  3. Make potential supporters fear for their lives
  4. Bonus round: Connect the Trump admin to Milo, contributing to the "they sure are fascist" themes that have brought out moderate liberals in number to the strictly peaceful protests
And the fallacy I see committed by the moderate liberals, who are fainthearted when it comes to struggles like this, is "well, this is all illegal, therefore it is wrong." But unfortunately, our laws are just bureaucratic programming. Morality flows through them incidentally. One person's terrorist, another person's freedom fighter - and left black bloc groups have NEVER existed to be praised for being goody two shoes. 

Terror tactics force the media to push their best defense of the people and institutions they target, in the usual "fair, balanced, accurate" sense, and in doing so shape the narrative towards allowing a questionable person like Milo, or a major institution like a bank, to be worthy of debate. This lesson was learned, or perhaps re-learned, by Millies in Occupy Wall Street and carried through into the Black Lives Matter protests: Although governments and institutions can always conspire to make them look bad and win the battle in the headlines, and they can target charismatic radical leaders to discredit or disappear them, a story is never complete without the "why did they do it" and the "why" can always be made out to be the thing those same institutions didn't want to discuss: the "1%", the "blue lives", and now the "dapper Neo-Nazi".

As for myself, I will use my free speech to vocally support what they did out there. The nation has remained too silent for too long, and I believe it will come out the stronger for this vigorous struggle.
(02-04-2017, 01:37 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 12:17 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: It's not terrorism

Yeah, it's only good for checking for Soros stuff. The other stuff besides what I linked to can be safely ignored.

-- you sure about that? That they aren't stretching it, if not providing ahem, alternative facts? Even if that list is true, it looks like a list of everything Soros has ever cut a check to. I mean Soros front groups like MoveOn. Groups like the ACLU, the ABA, &  the YWCA have been around before Soros. As far as l know, NOW, SOAW, & SPLC are not Soros front groups (@ least l hope not, l cut chex to the latter 2 groups!)  I just hope Justice Dems isn't another Soros front group
(02-04-2017, 02:12 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 01:37 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 12:35 AM)Marypoza Wrote: -- dunno if it's true or not but l heard Soros us behind Justice Dems  Angry still trying to find confirmation 1 way or another

-- you sure about that? That they aren't stretching it, if not providing ahem, alternative facts? Even if that list is true, it looks like a list of everything Soros has ever cut a check to. I mean Soros front groups like MoveOn. Groups like the ACLU &  the YWCA have been around before Soros. As far as l know, NOW, SOAW, & SPLC are not Soros front groups (@ least l hope not, l cut chex to the latter 2 groups!)  I hope Justice Dems isn't another Soros front group

The way I interpreted it as such:

ACLU for example.  Soros is just a donor for that one, but isn't a sham front group. IOW, just because Soros tosses money towards some groups doesn't mean they're like for example MoveOn. Yeah, teh interwebs doesn't make stuff easy. Too many agendas out there...
---Value Added Cool
(02-04-2017, 02:03 AM)busybee Wrote: So, now let's talk about what the left and the black bloc are doing in response. The left has followed the right a few years late, perhaps held back by Obama's election, and decided on a counter approach:

1. No-platform Milo in the literal sense
  2. By causing an incident, force him into public discussion, thus shining a light on his activities and the movement he is involved in
  3. Make potential supporters fear for their lives
  4. Bonus round: Connect the Trump admin to Milo, contributing to the "they sure are fascist" themes that have brought out moderate liberals in number to the strictly peaceful protests

Aside from the obvious censorship coming from the left, which is the meaning of no-platform, it is clearly obvious that this plan is failing miserably.  As evidence I present the fact that his book sales are increasing rather spectacularly.  Here is what Steven Crowder had to say about it:

Steven Crowder Wrote:Somewhere at Berkeley, this conversation apparently happened at some point.

SNOWFLAKE #1: This Milo guy really triggers me with his hateful words. What’s a good way to protest him?
   SNOWFLAKE #2: Lets burn down Berkeley and prove everything he says about us.
   SNOWFLAKE #1: Genius!

I mean, really? For people who hate Milo, you pretty much wrote his next book, took a photo for the cover, and created the electronic press kit to go with it. Sadly the cost has been violence against people and property. Violence perpetrated by people who ironically think they’re fighting fascism.

I run into people who never heard of Milo that suddenly know about him and don't have a problem with him.  Guys, your strategy is obviously failing.  Time to go back to the drawing board.

One other thing, I would really be careful with that 'making potential supporters fear for their lives' thing because the kind of people who support Milo are Second Amendment fans who are often armed.  It may come as a shock to you but that will cause a concealed weapon permit holder to shoot you.  One of the black bloc found that out the hard way and no one was charged because the police believe that it was in self-defense.

(02-03-2017, 09:56 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 09:34 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:54 AM)SomeGuy Wrote: Are you claiming not to be a sinning, partisan <expletive deleted>?  Disagree.  Tongue

Stepping back and taking the long view is important, I was just talking with my coworker about stepping back from the news/internet, reminding ourselves that we have jobs, tomorrow's Friday, and all of that stuff is just pixels on a screen for us at this point.

But this sort of thing is not excusable, and I've been seeing a lot of excuse making for this sort of thing here and elsewhere.

The long view is that competent leadership looks out for the interests of the masses lest it fail catastrophically. Betraying or denying those interests is not good for survival; think of Nicholas II.

We will need a Lincoln-like or FDR-like leader to extricate America from the mess that it is in and will have Obama-like leaders to allow the consolidation of something good.

Blah blah, FASCISM IS NIGH, blah blah.  Rolleyes

Nicholas II was not a fascist.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

VIOLENCE AND DESTRUCTION---WHO DID IT BETTER??
the LEFT??
[Image: 3_01_riot2_SCHULER.jpg]

[Image: latinos_for_trump_6759_806x400.jpg]
OR--
THE RIGHT???
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: quebec_mosque_shooting_20170202.jpg]
(sarcasm, of course)
(02-03-2017, 11:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
Not really, but I think she'd be really happy if anyone (ISIS included) were to do it.

ISIS blowing up the White House?  Not while their guy is in there.  ISIS is an apocalyptic cult.  A Muslim version of those end of the world Christians who support Israel not because they support the Jewish people, but because they believe its existence is necessary for Armageddon to occur, when they will all be raptured into heaven. ISIS believes that for the world to end, there needs to be a climatic battle in which virtually all the faithful (i.e. THEM) will be killed.  Those who die in this cause go straight to paradise where a wondrous reward awaits. They interpret this battle to be between the US and its allies and ISIS.  Donald Trump promised to destroy ISIS, which implies he is going to go after them big-time, and so he is their ticket to heaven.  Remember these guys are religious nuts.
Watching the Berkley riots makes me even more thankful I have my CCW. Trying something like that down here below the Mason Dixon Line will get you shot. We don't think burning businesses and assaulting people for no reason is a "peaceful protest".

Blocking the streets down here will get you run over, make no mistake on that. My home state has mercifully avoided most of the lunacy sweeping this country. And if that's "progress", ya'll can keep it. We don't want riots and burned out businesses, and people running around like savages destroying property.

Watching all that makes me want to book some shooting range time or go way out in the country and plink some Coca-Cola cans off stumps. Galen is right, though, most second amendment folks would consider that a threat and take action effectively to protect themselves.

Happy Saturday. I'm off to run errands and get some parts for my vintage little VW.
(02-03-2017, 08:08 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 06:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 06:06 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 05:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 05:17 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Really?  That means Berzerkly needs to be defunded. Obviously the dunces that go there are not there to get a meaningful "education".  And it means it's turned into a moldy piece of shit that's way past its sell by date.

You think Berkeley needs to be defunded because they invited a hate speaker? They made a mistake, but they do lots of good work for the people and the country.

Like I said, Berzerkly used to, but since it no longer serves that purpose and again, Milo's speech deserves to be protected just like BLM's speech.  I've never called for BLM's anti white speech to be muzzled.

Just like with Syria, it doesn't seem to bother you to not get the facts straight. When you say Berzerkly, you are talking about some thugs who came from who knows where. They probably were not even Berkeley residents; much less students there. The university scheduled Milo to speak. Students protested non-violently. They had the right to speak too. Trump doesn't think so. To hell with Drump.

And there's no comparison to Black Lives Matter speech in any fair person's mind. BLM are protesting police who shoot down unarmed young black men for no reason. Eric Garner did nothing wrong, and did not deserve to be killed. Anyone who muzzles people for speaking out against police murder, is worse than fascist. People who speak out against a hate speaker who stirs up hateful actions, are protesting correctly. The black bloc thugs who invade campus, that's another matter, yes they are and should be arrested; but UC is not punishable because of what they did.

And there's no "used to." They do good work for the people; period.
A fair minded person wouldn't automatically assume that cops shoot unarmed black men for no reason and automatically assume that they're guilty of it and automatically convict them for doing it like you seem to be doing in your blue mind. In case you have forgotten, you still live in America and you still live under American law and you still live within an American society that still widely recognizes and strongly believes in the American right to due process. Are blues like you viewed as Americans by modern Americans? This modern American doesn't believe so.

It is more than obvious that police have been shooting down unarmed black men, and a fair-minded person can see that they almost always get away with it, and can understand why black folks are angry about this. The law does not protect them, and neither do the police, in the way they do for white people. Racial profiling is common, and young blacks are put in prison more often than whites for the same offenses. We have more prisoners than any developed country, and people of color are disproportionately imprisoned. DNA testing has resulted in many cases being overturned; again mostly black and people of color who were innocent yet put in jail. No, this is anything but American, and if you approve of this situation, then that would not seem American to me.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-04-2017, 12:21 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 11:16 PM)Galen Wrote:

Yup.  I think that's what happened.  So that means that anyone injured or had their property damaged by said black bloccers should be able to sue for damages under cause of negligence.  That means UC in the least needs their asses sued off.

I think a few businesses had their windows broken; again, that's nothing new in Berzerkely. But mostly it is taxpayers like me that will pay the bill for windows broken on campus. That's about it; maybe one person had minor injuries.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

It's not terrorism

Looking at actual facts, rather than right-wing conspiracy theories, there's nothing bad about Soros; although yes he supported a candidate that Marypoza doesn't like. That doesn't make him bad; it might make the system we live under in which money is speech bad, and Trump/Gorsuch who upholds it, bad. What he has done is support democratic movements in the region where he comes from. That's a good thing.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 659 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  The cancer infecting the political Left Mickey123 310 70,260 02-01-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 657 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,336 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,410 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Leading Left-Liberal Intellectual Endorses Jill Stein Anthony '58 0 1,510 07-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58