Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skipped an archetype like time before last?
(05-09-2019, 09:14 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 07:24 PM)TheNomad Wrote: can someone please move this thread to the off-topic/trash bin?  why cant ppl who begin threads cancel them when they go into completely unrelated territory according to the OP and title of the thread?

that should not be allowed.

wtf does beatles and justin beeber have to do w a frakkin skipped archetype?

Dude you've been on this forum for forever and the old one before then.  Since when did a thread ever stay on topic? Rolleyes

I have really been on here maybe a year or so.  I dont know what old one you speak of.  Just because ppl want to ramble and find/create new and imaginative ways shove their doctrines on everyone else, it should not be allowed.

I do see the pattern, you do not?  The thread could be "PLANTING A GARDEN" and then in page 3 people will be complaining about entitlement programs, how Politician X is the devil and the idea positivity and god are all we need to survive the coming global holocaust(s) in the 4th Turning.

it aint right.  disrespectful also.  if a person starts a thread, they should have the ability to delete it for this reason IF they want to.  I dont come to your house and take a dump on your welcome mat.  And if I did, I would expect you'd want to get rid of that one right quick and replace it.

it's selfish and everyone all they most seem to know how to do here is find a way to EXPOUND their beliefs at others no matter what the topic is.    Yes AT.  Because ppl like u showing yourself in here conducting large conversations with others and then the next post you are saying "PERSON X never listened and they have a birth defect and an empty head" yet there you are blasting your beliefs at them like they was the side of a house you trying to power-wash.  WHY do you even want to communicate with them?  Because you aren't communicating anything except your doctrines AT everyone.  No communication is exchanged, just billboards and bumper stickers, so no one learns anything, no one hears anyone.

It starts there.  Take some responsibility.
I expect people to expound their beliefs, as I do.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-10-2019, 01:40 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I expect people to expound their beliefs, as I do.

You can EXPOUND in the wilderness to a prickly gray ghost organ pipe.  Nobody needs to witness it.  Because all most here do is spout at others.  Running their fountains.  Shooting their hoses. 

I'm personally offended when threads I make and have made carefully with consideration and desire for real human interaction turn into ALWAYS some kind of political campaign or ideological crusade.

Im a human being.
Well, I would not try to politicize a discussion of how to plant a garden. Maybe the world would be better if people did plant gardens and took pride in the plants that they grow that they incorporate into dinner, or the beauty of some floral design. Of course, someone would come up with a floral design that has an overt message such as "F--- (insert name of political or cultural figure)". If the topic were contract bridge, I might suggest rhymes for "trump"; "bump", "jump", lump", and "stump" come to mind.

I wish that the discussions in most people's lives would go back to "Gustav Mahler: wonderful or horrible?", "Casablanca or Citizen Kane?", "Golden Gate or Mackinac Bridge -- which is more beautiful?", "High Renaissance or the Impressionists", "cats or dogs", or even "Mustang or Camaro?"

The economy is getting nastier, and life is getting less rewarding despite harder work and more skill by most. Politics is becoming more polarized, as is shown in news media that people find themselves using in efforts to make sense of the world. As life gets nastier, people become more political.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(Chart brought over to make the case):

[Image: main-qimg-12f43747967c9c690a3f29e6bb5ecd29]

Straight reporting is difficult to manipulate. If you were to ask me what I thought are the most reliable news sources, I would choose the wire services of AP and Reuters because their blitz writing makes manipulation impossible in the wires. Rush jobs are usually awful, but it takes effort to manipulate news into propaganda. If one relied entirely upon media in the upper part of the gray circle, one would get little wrong. Obviously, the Wall Street Journal is decidedly conservative because of its clientele that consists heavily of investors who have an obvious stake in capitalism at its purest, but it is worthy reading. You might balance it with NPR and be OK.

But -- straight reporting isn't enough for most people. Most people like some analysis, and in that the divergence between Left and Right begins. Maybe the Left insists upon better literary content, and the Right is more willing to fall for something 'provocative'. There is complex analysis in or near the political center, but the more that the news product is persuasion. let alone propaganda, the less likely one is to be near the political center.

At or near the bottom is either non-news (the National Enquirer has gone back from politics to its traditional stories of celebrities acting badly), quackery (natural foods cures all, anti-vax stuff) or outright propaganda. Religious fundamentalism and racist bilge such as Stormfront are missing from this array, but we probably get the idea anyway. Such is the septic tank of the mind.  A hint: do not brag about getting knowledge from InfoWars.

In the spirit of this thread, here is an idea I have toyed with. Maybe there is no post-GI Civic generation (yet)?

As I have written about before, I developed a model for the saeculum based on the idea that history creates generations when they are coming of age, who then create history when they come to power. The table below shows model output given a social moment in 1773-1787 which forged the Republican Civic generation. This generation is predicted to be in power over 1801-1815, and creates a social moment called the Age of Jefferson. The youth who come of age during this time are the "Jefferson generation" who when they come to power in 1830-44 create the Abolitionist Awakening which forges the "Jackson generation" who gives us the Civil War then they come to power over 1861-77. The process continues on to the predicted social moment of the present in 2006-2023. 

Note these are simply model outputs, *predictions* of future turnings based on an assumed social moment over 1773-1787. They can be off of expected values because models are not perfect. Anyways, the key issue he is the Jefferson generation, which is not a civic generation, but not a S&J-type prophet generation (the Jackson generation is closer to that).  What if the Millennial generation is like the Jefferson's. Prophet-like in the sense of the "Awokening" going on in campuses, but lacking a true problem-solving 4T to make them full-fledged Civics. They were raised by Boomers to be Civic-types, but when they entered adulthood, the elder generations stubbornly resisted having a true 4T crisis  that would allow then the classic Civic coming of age experience. So they are neither Nomads, Prophets or Civics but a mix of archetypes, or perhaps they own new archetype.

Dom. Generation Birth Years Coming of Age  Turning
Republican 1752-1766 1773-1787    Revolutionary (4T)
Jefferson  1780-1794 1801-1815    Age of Jefferson
Jackson    1809-1823 1830-1844    Abolitionist Awakening (2T)
Civil War  1840-1856 1861-1877    Civil War & Reconstruction (4T)
Progressive1874-1891 1895-1912    Progressive Era (2T)
Greatest   1911-1925 1932-1946    New Deal & WW II (4T)
Boomers    1946-1960 1967-1981    New Consciousness (2T)
Millennial  985-2002 2006-2023    The Awokening
(05-10-2019, 01:38 AM)TheNomad Wrote: <snip>Rambling butthurt nonsense</snip>

It is possible I could be wrong and be confusing you with someone else. I'm old, and people come and go, and all the butthurt special snowflakes all look alike to me.  The old forum I'm referring to is the one owned by Strauss and Howe themselves and ran for 16ish years.  I joined that forum back in 2008 but many of our regulars here joined before even then. Even if you have only been here a year that should have been sufficient time to realize that threads simply don't stay on topic.  It isn't just this forum, it is also every other forum where you have mixed company.

As for what is and is not allowed that is up to Moderation.  Moderation seems to be taking a fairly libertarian approach to moderating.  This is a good thing because since this forum is primarily political in nature.  Nothing kills political forums faster than censoring dissenting opinions, left or right.  Also given who our regulars on this forum are, intense moderation would likely kill this forum faster than anything else.

As for my style of posting...it isn't going to change.

As for what offends you...no one here really gives a fuck.  Life is hard, get a helmet.  But you should know this already being the nomad....
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
@Mikebert

"Awokening" I like that. Too bad that everyone that becomes Woke ends up either broke or their head cave in when reality encounters them. But then again that may just be brick wall of reality stopping the Pepperland clown car.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(05-10-2019, 01:49 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 01:40 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I expect people to expound their beliefs, as I do.

You can EXPOUND in the wilderness to a prickly gray ghost organ pipe.  Nobody needs to witness it.  Because all most here do is spout at others.  Running their fountains.  Shooting their hoses. 

I'm personally offended when threads I make and have made carefully with consideration and desire for real human interaction turn into ALWAYS some kind of political campaign or ideological crusade.

Im a human being.

That is threads in general here. Your threads are not exempt from that. Perhaps this forum is not for you and you could make your own group elsewhere and be the mod in that group and create your own rules. I find I am far happier when I join a group, that do not snuff out my own individuality because of rules which I do not agree to or a certain temperament in the group which does not fit what I am seeking and you know what I do in those cases? I just leave quietly and don't make any fuss about it because not everything will fit my taste because the world does not revolve around me.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(05-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

It is possible I could be wrong and be confusing you with someone else. I'm old, and people come and go, and all the butthurt special snowflakes all look alike to me.  The old forum I'm referring to is the one owned by Strauss and Howe themselves and ran for 16ish years.  I joined that forum back in 2008 but many of our regulars here joined before even then. Even if you have only been here a year that should have been sufficient time to realize that threads simply don't stay on topic.  It isn't just this forum, it is also every other forum where you have mixed company.

As for what is and is not allowed that is up to Moderation.  Moderation seems to be taking a fairly libertarian approach to moderating.  This is a good thing because since this forum is primarily political in nature.  Nothing kills political forums faster than censoring dissenting opinions, left or right.  Also given who our regulars on this forum are, intense moderation would likely kill this forum faster than anything else.

As for what offends you...no one here really gives a fuck.  Life is hard, get a helmet.  But you should know this already being the nomad....

The Ragnarok moderator person should have given some energy to your racist posting using slurs instead of focusing 100% on my complaint OF your slur.

But now that I know she has no spine (won't take a side on whether using racial slurs in social media is OK or not OK) I have my information. 

Also, you complain of being "over-moderated" and that would "kill this thing" this thing isn't hardly worth anything anyway.  It's a WALL of graffitti based on ppls ideology.  Not meant to communicate but to barrage.  You are one of the worst I've seen.  I wouldn't care at all what you do or say (I haee never bothered to interact w you because your mess is useless) I came at you for the SLUR.

You have free speech.  Speaking does not immediately make one intelligent.  Choosing to speak with ignorant words defines a person.  You have so been defined.  You could choose not to use words like NIGGER because, frankly, do you eve know how foolish it makes you look?  Like, would you WANT me to give you heads up if you came out of the bathroom with smeared excrement on your hand and smelling like you just wiped with that hand and just chose not to wash it?

Would you want someone to tell you?

But never mind, because your answer has already bored me to death.

[Image: face-with-rolling-eyes.jpg]
(05-10-2019, 09:46 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Im a human being.

That is threads in general here. Your threads are not exempt from that. Perhaps this forum is not for you and you could make your own group elsewhere and be the mod in that group and create your own rules. I find I am far happier when I join a group, that do not snuff out my own individuality because of rules which I do not agree to or a certain temperament in the group which does not fit what I am seeking and you know what I do in those cases? I just leave quietly and don't make any fuss about it because not everything will fit my taste because the world does not revolve around me.

can someone instruct me how to block this person?  I really have not explored the abilities of this forum but she needs to not be seen by me anymore.  And then Ill know hot to not see others anymore and possibly only then have a conversation with humans.

feel free to dm me or whatever
(05-11-2019, 03:41 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 09:46 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Im a human being.

can someone instruct me how to block this person?  I really have not explored the abilities of this forum but she needs to not be seen by me anymore.  And then Ill know hot to not see others anymore and possibly only then have a conversation with humans.

feel free to dm me or whatever
You know your whining is just not going to work here and no one needs to change a forum based on one person who doesn't like it. It works for those who stay. You do not need to stay if you don't like it. Several have left with grace. If you don't like the rules as they are, it is a matter of tough bikkies as you are not the moderator. Truth hurts matey. That is how it is. You can block someone here, however you will still see when they post. You still will see the person. I give hard truths. Some can handle it. Seems you have not learned to handle when someone has another opinion, but does it respectfully. What you take out of what I say it up to you. I gave only truth and even advice so that you can consider it and tailor your thread to try get the results you wish. I believe that was fair. If you still cry about a different opinion which is based off how this forum is in general, not my burn to soothe.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(05-11-2019, 03:39 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 07:37 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

The Ragnarok moderator person should have given some energy to your racist posting using slurs instead of focusing 100% on my complaint OF your slur.

But now that I know she has no spine (won't take a side on whether using racial slurs in social media is OK or not OK) I have my information. 

Also, you complain of being "over-moderated" and that would "kill this thing" this thing isn't hardly worth anything anyway.  It's a WALL of graffitti based on ppls ideology.  Not meant to communicate but to barrage.  You are one of the worst I've seen.  I wouldn't care at all what you do or say (I haee never bothered to interact w you because your mess is useless) I came at you for the SLUR.

You have free speech.  Speaking does not immediately make one intelligent.  Choosing to speak with ignorant words defines a person.  You have so been defined.  You could choose not to use words like NIGGER because, frankly, do you eve know how foolish it makes you look?  Like, would you WANT me to give you heads up if you came out of the bathroom with smeared excrement on your hand and smelling like you just wiped with that hand and just chose not to wash it?

Would you want someone to tell you?

But never mind, because your answer has already bored me to death.

[Image: face-with-rolling-eyes.jpg]
You are going to have a very hard time with life if your hair stands on end from a person who is of African descent who uses that word. I get it, you don't like it. But given Rags our mod does not have a problem with it, nor anyone else is creating a fuss, and only you are making it worse by complaining constantly and using that word yourself, can you see what I am getting at here? But do continue. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

But here is my final advice for you, as you asked, Nomad. If you wish to block me, click on my name "taramarie" you will then come to my profile. On the right of your screen, you can easily see a button that states, "Add to ignore list." As stated, you will see when I have posted. But you wont see the content. I never stop posting to someone regardless, but if you need this in your life to find more peace, go for it.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

I believe that the term "pseudo-Artist" would apply, Mikebert. We have had experience with that with the Progressive generation-though, of course, the Millies won't be exactly like the Progs. For one thing, I doubt that at this late date that Xers will become pseudo-Civics, so perhaps Millies will be somewhat more Civic than Progs, plus Nomad-like tendencies.
Honestly TheNomad, if you have a problem with black people using the word Nigger, don't go to the hood. We use it all the time. We call each other nigger relatively frequently. Furthermore I can assure you that black people are far more racist than white people ever thought about being. All the things white people don't like about black people, black people really don't like about black people.

But then again I've already deduced you're a special snowflake and probably not suited to a forum that has mixed company. A problem that many blues have. As for blocking people...go the person you want to ignore, go to their profile...there should be an option there. I personally don't use it though because it has a tendency to highlight that someone I'm trying to ignore posted. But if it works as intended for you so much the better.

By all means block me. I personally don't give a shit but at least you might not whine so much.

(05-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Honestly TheNomad, if you have a problem with black people using the word Nigger, don't go to the hood.  We use it all the time.  We call each other nigger relatively frequently.  Furthermore I can assure you that black people are far more racist than white people ever thought about being.  All the things white people don't like about black people, black people really don't like about black people.

But then again I've already deduced you're a special snowflake and probably not suited to a forum that has mixed company. A problem that many blues have.  As for blocking people...go the person you want to ignore, go to their profile...there should be an option there.  I personally don't use it though because it has a tendency to highlight that someone I'm trying to ignore posted.  But if it works as intended for you so much the better.

By all means block me.  I personally don't give a shit but at least you might not whine so much.

You are just ready to shift that poisoned arrow to the nearest target you can find to save yo own azz.  So QUICK and ready to throw another human under the bus because you can't deal with that word being associated with you............. EVEN THO YOU GOTS THE PROPER HUE.

Are you really that dark?  Is that why you trying to climb the ladder?  Trying to pull a reverse Royal Baby to brighten up the complexions?  Oh Helen, we hardly knew ye.  You went from Thriller to Bad and now you striving so hard for Dangerous. Claims of vitiligo can't save you cuz u don't have neverland.
(05-11-2019, 09:29 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Honestly TheNomad, if you have a problem with black people using the word Nigger, don't go to the hood.  We use it all the time.  We call each other nigger relatively frequently.  Furthermore I can assure you that black people are far more racist than white people ever thought about being.  All the things white people don't like about black people, black people really don't like about black people.

But then again I've already deduced you're a special snowflake and probably not suited to a forum that has mixed company. A problem that many blues have.  As for blocking people...go the person you want to ignore, go to their profile...there should be an option there.  I personally don't use it though because it has a tendency to highlight that someone I'm trying to ignore posted.  But if it works as intended for you so much the better.

By all means block me.  I personally don't give a shit but at least you might not whine so much.

You are just ready to shift that poisoned arrow to the nearest target you can find to save yo own azz.  So QUICK and ready to throw another human under the bus because you can't deal with that word being associated with you............. EVEN THO YOU GOTS THE PROPER HUE.

Are you really that dark?  Is that why you trying to climb the ladder?  Trying to pull a reverse Royal Baby to brighten up the complexions?  Oh Helen, we hardly knew ye.  You went from Thriller to Bad and now you striving so hard for Dangerous. Claims of vitiligo can't save you cuz u don't have neverland.
Yikes....
this aint helping......
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Considering that I'm gay and unlikely to have a biological child of my own brightening complexions is not a concern. I'm already light skinned but I guarantee you that every one knows I'm black. That being said thank you for revealing your own clear racism. As I say the left always projects. It is truly amazing how one merely needs to lay out the trap and even your run of the mill Progressive (I don't want to contaminate the word liberal more than it already has been as Progressivism isn't liberal) stumbles right into it. I'm still trying to determine if it is a political movement composed of stupid people, or stupid people are attracted to it because the ideology itself is incomprehensable to anyone who insists on rationality and logic.

Also I find that anyone with any ambition at all wants to climb the ladder. Or would you prefer that all of us stay on the plantation to pick the cotton.

(05-11-2019, 09:46 PM)taramarie Wrote: Yikes....
this aint helping......

Depends on what you mean by helping.

(05-12-2019, 04:47 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Considering that I'm gay and unlikely to have a biological child of my own brightening complexions is not a concern.  I'm already light skinned but I guarantee you that every one knows I'm black.  That being said thank you for revealing your own clear racism.  As I say the left always projects.  It is truly amazing how one merely needs to lay out the trap and even your run of the mill Progressive (I don't want to contaminate the word liberal more than it already has been as Progressivism isn't liberal) stumbles right into it.  I'm still trying to determine if it is a political movement composed of stupid people, or stupid people are attracted to it because the ideology itself is incomprehensable to anyone who insists on rationality and logic.

Also I find that anyone with any ambition at all wants to climb the ladder.  Or would you prefer that all of us stay on the plantation to pick the cotton.

(05-11-2019, 09:46 PM)taramarie Wrote: Yikes....
this aint helping......

Depends on what you mean by helping.

Meaning the attitude is definitely not going to have any positive result if he apparently wishes to have any reasonable conversation as he has whined is lacking in this forum. He is only feeding it.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do neurological disorders or psychiatric disorders affect generation archetype? AspieMillennial 2 97 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Last Post: David Horn