Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandemic will lead to increased online infrastructure
Pennsylvania's unemployment system has been slammed, as I'm sure is the case in every other state. Our governor assures us that they are working on improving capacity. Other changes being made to accomodate the shutdown/social distancing include changing the law to make notarizing possible online - this opens up the auto market to  online sales. I bring this up to point out that one fallout of the pandemic will be improved online infrastructure, particularly in government. 

I'm sure we've all seen the memes lamenting the sorry state of online government...

[Image: 94262220_10219279819414013_8550205169554...e=5EC7C269]
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
(04-23-2020, 08:44 AM)sbarrera Wrote: Pennsylvania's unemployment system has been slammed, as I'm sure is the case in every other state. Our governor assures us that they are working on improving capacity. Other changes being made to accommodate the shutdown/social distancing include changing the law to make notarizing possible online - this opens up the auto market to  online sales. I bring this up to point out that one fallout of the pandemic will be improved online infrastructure, particularly in government. 

I'm sure we've all seen the memes lamenting the sorry state of online government...

Y2k was a wake-up call too. A lot of infrastructure got replaced, and it's now the crap that needs replacing again. It's sad that even the DoD is running old-crap for their non-tactical assets.  It's the story of the last 3T.  In government, nothing of value was purchased if it could be avoided to maximize tax cuts and crony hand-outs. And here we are.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Ford has just advertised in Michigan that although dealerships are closed, people can order cars on line from dealerships. Giant corporations are not going into that dark night without a struggle.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.