Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orion's Arm timeline
(09-18-2018, 12:49 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: Bill the Piper, I have looked at Orions Arm from time to time.  You may also be interested in the Future Timeline forums.  Or the YouTube videos of Kurzgesagt, or Isaac Arthur.

Funny, I did once post in the Future Timeline forums, and I was flamed for mentioning the S-H theory. What I wrote was that there will be an awakening around 2050s, and that the new idealists will rebel against millennial social media craze, probably embracing some sort of nature-oriented ideology. So, while for Eric the Green I'm too technology obsessed, for the FT blokes I wasn't technology obsessed enough!

Eric the Green Wrote:Spirituality and transcendental consciousness movements have traditionally not fared well during 4Ts and 1Ts, when according to the S&H model nomad and civic generations are most prominent. So it's not unexpected that new age movements have faded in popularity as the 4T deepens.

There are two corollaries to this, however. The first is that it will return to prominence once the artist and prophet generations return to prominence. It will not matter what the failures of older awakenings were; the need will be stronger than ever.

I agree, but why should the new idealists go back to boomer spirituality? Did the boomers go back to missionary spirituality?
I expect the 2T to be a completely new thing, only with some core elements, like interest in the inner space of the human heart/soul, or love for nature, which have been constant since the Romantic era. Also, the new idealists will probably have a strong connection with the Cosmos, just like OA editors predict. By 2050, we will have proofs of life on other planets, even if this means bacteria on Mars or a few scattered signals from 61 Virginis, it will still make them view themselves as parts of a cosmic community of living beings.

Messages In This Thread
Orion's Arm timeline - by Bill the Piper - 09-16-2018, 09:29 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Eric the Green - 09-16-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Bill the Piper - 09-17-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Eric the Green - 09-17-2018, 11:16 PM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Tim Randal Walker - 09-18-2018, 12:49 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Bill the Piper - 09-18-2018, 06:08 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Eric the Green - 09-18-2018, 11:49 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Bill the Piper - 09-19-2018, 05:17 AM
RE: Orion's Arm timeline - by Tim Randal Walker - 09-18-2018, 01:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Economic Timeline - Transitioning from a 4T world to a 1T world JohnMc82 10 10,244 06-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Last Post: radind