Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Civics get anything good in the cycle?
Their childhood is protected better than the Nomads' one, but still freer than the Artists' one. I know of Nomads whose parents (mind: rich parents!) wouldn't even care when their kids were molested or worse by teachers in school. They dismissed it like this: "Eh, the kid has a lot of fantasy." - If your parents ordered you around a bit - see it as the insurance for not being molested.

Their burden as young soldiers or workers is admittedly hard - but at least they have something to be proud of which nobody can steal from them. (Admittedly, this was true for former Civics. For Millennials, not so much.)

In mid-life, they had a lot of work - but also made good money. A lot of money was taken by the state from Losts and given the G.I.s.

Their high age when they were criticized by their "Prophet" kids sucked of course. But we should consider that the G.I.s made mistakes themselves, when they spoilt their Boomer kids rotten. They should have known better, but I guess they dismissed the Nomads who warned them as old fogeys.

And that's a mistake I don't forgive them: After they spoilt their Boomer kids rotten, and said kids rebelled against them, they joined in punishing the Xers (for their own failing!). Why are Xers even considered the generation of "lost civic virtue"? It's the Boomers who should be identified as that. When did they ever do something civic?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Civics get anything good in the cycle? - by Hintergrund - 05-31-2019, 07:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember the Good Old Days, When ... Anthony '58 4 1,780 03-15-2022, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack