Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Civics get anything good in the cycle?
(06-29-2019, 06:35 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 10:35 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 09:35 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: It seems like they get all of the bad. Is there any good side that extends to our lives, not the life of some hypothetical children in the future?

Yes.  You get to spend most of your prime earning years in a stable if bland society that reflects your generation's values for good or ill.

By the time the crisis is over I'll be in my early 40s. How is this good? I guess the only other good thing is I'll die before the next crisis hits.

You will still be able to start over, or at least build upon what you did before. A stable if bland society is a good thing for that.

Most significantly, in the hard times of a Crisis, you will have likely developed some good habits. Good habits are well worth the sacrifice of some evanescent delights and feeling some frustration at seeing others seem to have fun only to end up broke or hurt.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Civics get anything good in the cycle? - by pbrower2a - 06-29-2019, 08:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember the Good Old Days, When ... Anthony '58 4 1,759 03-15-2022, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack