Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Civics get anything good in the cycle?
(05-30-2019, 09:35 AM)AspieMillennial Wrote: It seems like they get all of the bad. Is there any good side that extends to our lives, not the life of some hypothetical children in the future?

Civics get coddled and spoon fed as children and youth.  That's what causes them to be so entitled for the rest of their lives, because they think being coddled is the normal state of life. Contrast this with reactives, who get neglected in their childhood and youth.

Civics are the cannon fodder of the crisis.  That's the main downside.

The result of the crisis is a consensus, which everyone better conform to or else.  Since the consensus is dictated by Civics, a majority of Civics will like this consensus, so there's a good side.  The others just shut up and pretend to agree, I guess.  There were plenty of Civics who said before WWII that we should stay out of it; they all quit saying that afterwards, one way or another.

In old age, Civics get to keep being entitled with respect to material goods, in return for giving up political control to Idealists.  I imagine most Civics consider that to be a good compromise.

Quote:Great. We get a totalitarian society whether left or right. So fun for me to be surrounded by assholes who want to tell me what to do.

Aspies are likely particularly poorly suited to the Civic lifecycle.  For the average sheeple, it's pretty good.

Quote:pbrower [?]

GIs pushed critical thinking upon Boom kids, and it worked to keep most of them from becoming narcissistic fascists 

It wasn't the GIs who pushed critical thinking on Boom kids, since the GIs, as Civics, were ultimate conformists that considered critical thinking dangerously radical.  It was the Silents that taught Boomers to think for themselves, and for some of them, that thinking ended up being critical thinking.

Quote:AspieMillenial:

By the time the crisis is over I'll be in my early 40s. How is this good?

Life begins at 50, so it will be in plenty of time.  Whether the stability will be good for you is another question.  I wouldn't be surprised if the neurotypical Millenials start incarcerating the nonneurotypicals in asylums again, on the theory that they have criminal tendencies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Civics get anything good in the cycle? - by Warren Dew - 06-29-2019, 11:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember the Good Old Days, When ... Anthony '58 4 1,764 03-15-2022, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack