Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(01-15-2017, 01:03 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 12:28 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 11:03 PM)Odin Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 10:18 AM)flbones too Wrote: I don't understand why politicians are making this health care thing more complicated than it needs to be. Just expand Medicare for everyone. it's not that complicated.

A lot of people already get insurance through their employer and those people don't want to pay the higher taxes needed for a single payer system. It's "I've got mine, fuck you".
I'm not interested in a single payer system. I'm not interested in becoming part a single payer system by being forced to become part of one that favors the less fortunate (lower end tax bracket). I'm content with the healthcare that I  currently have and have had for years. Are you blind? Now, if you and fellow blues want to conjure up some sort of government funded system to provide healthcare for themselves without destroying/severely impacting and sharply increasing the costs/disrupting our healthcare in the process that's fine with me. If the liberal silliness continues, the liberals are going to find themselves stuck in a government system that's supported by the lower income tax bracket. Can you afford to have your taxes substantially increased to Tara's level/my parents level  (1/3 of her income)?

Tell me about all the high-tax refugees coming to America.

Do you know any poor people? Do you realize how expensive medical insurance is for people over 60, when almost all careers are in decline?  When I had private health care insurance the payments were higher than the payments on a Mercedes-Benz. I am taking some chances by not buying such insurance, but buying American health-care insurance is a losing proposition. Poor as I am, death solves my problems -- especially with a reactionary government that considers me vermin for not being rich.

Yes, if Donald Trump knew about me he would probably want me rubbed out for my political beliefs.
I know how much health insurance costs. I'm currently paying for health insurance for my family ( a couple of 50 year old's and a teenager). I assume that I'm paying more for health insurance than a 60 year old. I wish I was just a 60 year old but I'm not just a 60 year old or a twenty something like Odin. Did you know braces cost as much as an ATV today? Did you know the average cost of raising a kid is as much as a house? I knew a lot more poor people while growing up. I don't know as many of them personally today. I had school friends who lived in the poor part of town. My grandmother was poor. My best friend was poor. I had friends who went through divorces and a got a taste of what being poor felt like. I got a taste what it felt like myself after my father died during my young teenage years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - by Classic-Xer - 01-15-2017, 03:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 602 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,407 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,310 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,058 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska