Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(01-15-2017, 12:27 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 03:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I know how much health insurance costs. I'm currently paying for health insurance for my family ( a couple of 50 year old's and a teenager). I assume that I'm paying more for health insurance than a 60 year old. I wish I was just a 60 year old but I'm not just a 60 year old or a twenty something like Odin. Did you know braces cost as much as an ATV today? Did you know the average cost of raising a kid is as much as a house? I knew a lot more poor people while growing up. I don't know as many of them personally today. I had school friends who lived in the poor part of town. My grandmother was poor. My best friend was poor. I had friends who went through divorces and a got a taste of what being poor felt like. I got a taste what it felt like myself after my father died during my young teenage years.

FWIW, I'm 69 years old.  I have standard Medicare Parts A and B with a Medigap Plan G, and a Part D Drug plan.  I pay about $120/month for Medicare Part B, $90 for the Medigap Plan and $35 for the Drug Plan ... a monthly total of $245.  Medicare doesn't offer dental coverage at all, but I'm covered by my wife.  Inexpensive commercial plans are available for people on Medicare if you want them.

For my money, I pay a single annual copay of $166 a year, and $7 a refill for prescriptions (mine are not exotic in any way) -- and that's it!  I go to any doctor I wish, and never get a an out-of-network charge (or any other charge for that matter) ... ever!  Beat that with a commercial plan.

Actually there are more and more doctors that do not accept Medicare.  With the current cost control system, which mostly consists of reducing reimbursements, it won't be too long before only hacks accept it.  You may not live long enough to see that, but I likely will.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - by Warren Dew - 01-15-2017, 05:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,447 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,312 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,058 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska