Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(01-16-2017, 06:06 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Trump is making some strong promises regarding the hypothetical TrumpCare.

CNN Wrote:Trump is making some big promises: His insurance reform will cover more people and cost less money.

"We're going to have insurance for everybody," Trump told The Washington Post. "There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us."

"[They] can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better," he said.

But no details on what it looks like yet.  I vaguely recall Hillary being similarly optimistic early on during her husband's time in office, at least before she encountered the realities of Congress.  Can Trump's calling himself a Republican change anything?

Nice promises... or is it so much gaslight?

The more I think on it, the more it feels like a Trump ploy similar to his threat to cancel the F 35.  "If you approve my health secretary, I will come out in favor of a real health plan initiative." The way he keeps promises, color me dubious?  

Still in wait and see mode.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - by Bob Butler 54 - 01-16-2017, 08:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 608 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,611 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,314 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,061 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska