Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(01-17-2017, 02:23 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-17-2017, 01:25 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 11:03 PM)Odin Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 10:18 AM)flbones too Wrote: I don't understand why politicians are making this health care thing more complicated than it needs to be. Just expand Medicare for everyone. it's not that complicated.

A lot of people already get insurance through their employer and those people don't want to pay the higher taxes needed for a single payer system. It's "I've got mine, fuck you".

You rang?

Actually, my fear is not taxes. It's losing the type of plan I now get through my employer. Give me another plan as good as this one or better and I would not mind paying taxes to fund it. Good luck with that, right?
Who do you trust more, politician or your employer? Sorry dude, I trust myself more with my healthcare than I'd trust any politician with my healthcare and trying to argue with me to convince me otherwise would a loosing argument and complete waste of your time. Good luck with that, as you say. IMO, government has a tall hill to climb to reestablish its trust with the American people.

I have coverage though Minnesota Medical Assistance, I have never had a problem with "the government" doing my healthcare. I trust the state of Minnesota far more than I trust any insurance company.

This whole notion that FOR-PROFIT companies would put your interests at heart more than your own elected government is insane.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 605 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,441 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,312 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,058 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska