Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(04-03-2017, 11:39 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Legalize weed, psilocyben, and possibly LSD. Tax them at Fed and State levels. Apply revenue to health care. Problem solved.

So your solution to the problem of financing a single payer system which will be horendiously expensive (just ask the Brits or the Canuks) is to legalize pot, shrooms and acid and tax them?  You do realize that the taxes on those items would have to be so high as to keep people buying them on the black market right?  One of the problems Colorado is facing is its pot taxes are too high which is keeping some of the activity still on the black market.

While I favor the legalization of all drugs (mostly because I find attempts to legislate morality counterproductive) I cannot see how this would pay for a whole federal single payer system--nor does this address my other two points.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 610 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,640 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,314 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,063 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska