Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(09-01-2017, 11:31 AM)Mikebert Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 02:46 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Mike, I seriously doubt you actually know what side I'm on.  I actually opposed Obamacare on the grounds of "It doesn't go far enough".

As for where you are ideologically I have no idea.  You might have been like David Horowitz, once on the extreme left and then shifted to the extreme right without spending anytime in the region in  between.  You may be an intelligent man with shit economic prospects with ideas of how things could be better who has a weakness for authoritarian figures. Or something else.  Whatever.

But that doesn't really matter. You have rhetorically embraced Trump in a way you used to embrace Stalin. By side you're on I meant the side you have chosen to embrace, that is, Trump's side. And Trump's side is 100% opposed to single payer health insurance.

Big Grin   You really are completely clueless.  I don't exactly support single payer either as I would actually prefer a Bismarck model as those have proved more stable and less prone to political pressure.  (Seriously the UK Parliment spends a month every year on their NHS budget and it is always messy.  Germany has no such issues.)  As for single payer and Daddy:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...n-wealthy/

And in before you go "hurr breitbart is evil nazi publication, durr" the report is pointing out he stuff he said, in public, on the mainstream media program 60 Minutes.  As far as the president I don't think he's too concerned about the form that the replacement takes so long as everyone is covered and it actually works.  That leaves us with two viable models really, single payer or Bismarck.

As for my weaknesses, I would say that I have a certain attraction to strong men. Both Stalin and Trump fit that model. It is natural for someone who is himself strong to seek out leadership from someone who is stronger than himself. Weaklings have nothing on offer.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - by Kinser79 - 09-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 608 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,553 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,314 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,060 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska