Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike
(04-18-2021, 06:35 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 01:01 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 06:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: ... Getting back to Coca Cola, the American brand of soda pop that I've been buys and drinking since I was a little  kid. Well, mighty old Coke bent its knee to us the other day like they should being they're an American based company and an American icon. It's a subtle sign, but it's a sign of a large corporation giving way to the fittest and the economic power we represent as a group of individuals. Guess what, I told you about our size and the economic power that we represent and that's just based on a thousand dollar contribution to the American cause.

You seem to ignore the inconvenient fact that, purchasing power alone, your side of the equation has less than the other side.  The real money is in the cities.  And just what knee-bending did Coke do, exactly?

The real money isn't located in the cities these days. The cities are mainly transfer points of digital related wealth these days. I have some money located in Wall Street and Silicon Valley right now. I don't know a Republican voter who doesn't have money located in them today. If the real money was mainly located in the cities as you say, the cities wouldn't be as heavily Democratic or as heavily Progressive (Left Wing) as they are today. The fact is the cities are mainly banana republics with some pockets of real wealth these days. 

I would be interested in knowing what you consider "real wealth".  It was land in the Agricultural Age and factories in the Industrial.  In the Information Age, it's amorphous.  If a digital artists can sell an access token to a collector (and I use that term advisedly) for $69 Million, what does wealth even mean these days?

C-Xer Wrote:Coca Cola jumped on the Progressive band wagon without thinking about the consequences of being associated with the Progressives and their Marxist/ racist politics. A group of American right wingers gave them a heads up, educated them and Coca Cola decided that it was not in their to continue and find themselves being bankrupted and essentially eliminated from the American market. I prefer the imported Coke from Mexico myself. It's more expensive than regular Coke made from corn syrup. You know the Coke made with real sugar that we drank during the 70's. The Coke that Joe Green guzzled down before he tossed his jersey to the white kid my age who gave it to him to drink. Do you remember the commercial? You do know who Joe Green is right? If not, Joe Green was a famous black football player who played for the famous Steelers back in the 70's. The country was way more racist back then than today. But some how or another, the white supremacist system, or systemic racism as you call it, didn't stop him from succeeding and becoming rich and famous back then, No, he succeeded despite not having any black people associated with the union or management or ownership or coaching staff protecting him, favoring him or looking out for his interests back then. If I was a white supremacist, I would have been very upset. I would have been wondering how an all white system controlled by white people failed to stop him from entering and succeeding like he did and failed to stop Jesse Owens from doing it too long before Joe Green and Barrack Obama were born and became rich and famous as well.

Point by point:
  • I know about sugar-based sodas.  We have them here too.
  • I also know about Joe Green, though placing him in a race-context is foolish.  Athletes and performers have been given a "race pass" by the white community for a long time.  The color barrier fell with Jackie Robinson.
  • Jesse Owens was a finger in Hitler's eye more than anything else. Other than a ob with Ford, he didn't gain much from his notoriety. 
  • What does any of this have to do with anything?
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike - by David Horn - 04-19-2021, 09:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,083 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Higher minimum wage will kill entry-level jobs and economic growth nebraska 44 13,564 04-30-2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: DettoLalo
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,908 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 778 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,918 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,110 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  U.S. Capitol insurrection was a ‘hoax,’ Michigan Senate leader says in video random3 45 9,577 02-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: random3
  Biden push to raise minimum wage to $15 would kill 1.4 million jobs: CBO random3 6 1,631 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM
  Senate Passes Constitutional Ban On Legal Marijuana random3 0 534 02-09-2021, 06:57 PM
  House of Delegates, Senate panel vote to ban electronic 'skill' games Luza 0 618 02-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Luza