Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike
(04-18-2021, 07:04 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 01:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 11:09 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 12:25 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It depends what is meant by "bubbling up." The Sanders and Warren campaigns were based around the division of wealth problem, and they had large followings because many people (especially young people) are motivated by this issue. We saw this in the Occupy Wall Street movement as well. But this trend doesn't seem to be expressed violently, so far. Yet, the neo-liberal, trickle-down, free-market ideology is the nub and the cause of the current crisis, in all its aspects, and many people are aware of this fact.

I see the COVID and systematic racism issues (including red violence and Jan 6) as rising to the crisis level.  Division of wealth?  Yes, some steps have been taken, but that is not the focus to the degree that it ought to be.  Where were the division of wealth protests last summer?  I suspect COVID and racism will no longer be distractions come the next awakening.  Division of wealth seems to be the next issue up.

But it is on the table now, and politicians know it. It is an existential threat, one among several. And completely tied up with racism and covid. It will be acted upon this 4T, or our nation sinks irretrievably into banana republic status. It's on peoples' minds already, especially young minds. And neo-liberalism is the cause of it. The cure is to overturn it. Biden is taking big strides toward doing it already.

Awakenings are more about culture and spirit than civics. I am not sympathetic to idea that solutions will come up in the next Awakening. That just means that our generations are abdicating their place in the action, especially boomers. Our time is not past. Our time is now. It is not a virtue for us to "get out of the way." Blue Boomers: Speak up!

Late Silent John Lewis spoke up, stood up and made good trouble right to the end of his life. We can do no less.

I just don't see it at the crisis level yet.  Strides might be taken.  I see with crisis wars becoming more rare, awakenings will take on a greater role.  We'll see.

The economic crisis and inequality crisis was at crisis level in 2008-2011. Protests and civil wars erupted worldwide from this. What we have are lingering problems from that, including the ongoing refugee crisis. So yes, strides are due, and are being taken. A reform decade has arrived, which is part of a 30-year cycle, which this time will coincide with a Crisis Climax-- and the House has already begun acting. 

I agree, Crisis total wars may become more rare; although we have 8 years left, and moments of potential war crisis in circa 2025 and 2028 still lie ahead. Still, 4Ts like ours, in which other kinds of crisis struggles occur, are likely to continue, so institutional actions will be needed such as reforms and revolutions. Much remains to be done in this 4T, with much resistance to overcome. Republicans still have too much power, and they have to be taken down, or we will slide into banana republic status in the USA. The Classic Xers (and Red Boomers and Red Millennials too), with their retrograde social worldviews, need to be politically defeated, or militarily defeated like the confederates were if they violently rebel in resistance to the reforms.

The main role of Awakenings remains a spiritual consciousness revival, so civic reforms are always secondary in 2Ts. People focus on culture. Ideals of how to reform society appear too in Awakenings, but it remains for 4Ts to bring them to greater institutional and civic fruition. In Awakenings, people focus on spiritual, religious and cultural remedies for our concerns, and discover how to be more alive and aware. Liberation is the theme. Awakeners won't be willing to give up those pursuits in order to make up for what we fail to do in Crisis periods.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike - by Eric the Green - 04-19-2021, 12:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,080 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Higher minimum wage will kill entry-level jobs and economic growth nebraska 44 13,557 04-30-2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: DettoLalo
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,907 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 778 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,918 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,103 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  U.S. Capitol insurrection was a ‘hoax,’ Michigan Senate leader says in video random3 45 9,549 02-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: random3
  Biden push to raise minimum wage to $15 would kill 1.4 million jobs: CBO random3 6 1,628 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM
  Senate Passes Constitutional Ban On Legal Marijuana random3 0 534 02-09-2021, 06:57 PM
  House of Delegates, Senate panel vote to ban electronic 'skill' games Luza 0 617 02-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Luza