Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike
(04-20-2021, 09:03 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(04-19-2021, 10:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You're making excuses for an OBVIOUS wrong doing again. The bulk of the Republican base ignored the danger associated with the pandemic (it's easy to do when you've been working and living through it the entire time) and voted in mass like they normally do on election day during a high point of the pandemic. I think it's very clear (damn near cut and dry) that the illegal gerrymandering of election laws that were done were done increase voter turnout that would mainly benefited the Democratic side. You shared a list of changes to the norm that pertained to people that normally wouldn't have been able to vote. People like people in jail and people from some other district and people without any proof of identity were given the right to vote and so forth.

The only people who really deserved special considerations and minor tweaks to normal voting procedures like additional absentee ballots and additional means to have them delivered were those who were at high risk stuck/isolated in nursing homes or those of high risk like yourself and others here isolating themselves at home. It doesn't matter now, the government that you and others are reliant upon for support  didn't adequately address it, blew it off  and more or less brushed it under the rug of wrong doing and called it good anyway and signed off on Biden becoming President. Well, guess what, the damage is done and fixing it ain't going to happen now. I'd like to see if you are able to look me in the eye and tell me that what went on with voting laws was legitimate and perfectly legal. I doubt you'd do it, if you're smart that is? I'm not sure how smart you are, you seem pretty dumb for a smart person. It's not a knock, it's just an observation that you normally wouldn't hear. You're right, a portion of America is changing as in deteriorating and  turning to shit these days. Oh well, it's a Democratic problem that Democrats are going to find themselves being forced to  pay for one way or another and find themselves being  held accountable for as far as they're actions  as well. Oh, then there's the matter of cheering them on and raising funds to bail them out and more or less allowing it to continue like they've been doing.

That's a lot of words to justify (or at least attempt to justify) making voting a privilege rather than a a right.  FYI, voting is the core right in every representative republic, if it even pretends to be democratic.  For some reason, your side of the polity has decided that this is wrong, rather than merely inconvenient. If that becomes the standard, and your hand-picked SCOTUS may assist in this, then we're just another Turkey or Hungary -- democratic in name only.
Rights are privileges for the most part. My right to drive a car is a privilege. We have certain unalienable rights are more or less recognized, guaranteed and protected by the government and the citizens of our constitutional republic aka The United States of America. Your side for whatever reason seems to want to scrap that system and establish a permanent Democratic system which favors the Democratic party and it's population/recipients.

I'm going to ask you a question. how many Nazi supporters/believers aka indoctrinated Germans understood the reason why, American planes were bombing them around the clock without mercy and killing them without mercy and why Americans were willing to leave the last batch for a group of barbarians to finish off and do whatever it wants with for a while. I know you guys think you're special aka God's gifts and all, but in reality you are noting more than a bunch of dumb/foolish Nazi-ish - Bolshevik-ish - Marxist-ish supporters/believers to me at this point. So, what hold does the Democratic party have over you these days? Is it fear of losing your social security or fear of loosing healthcare or the fear of loosing a paycheck or the fear of all of us and all the rights that we still have as a large group of individuals? In short, when the Democrats and their Left Wing backers find themselves at odds or war with Americans of all kinds, you may be asking yourself and others why like some how or another you feel that you don't deserve.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike - by Classic-Xer - 04-20-2021, 03:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,079 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Higher minimum wage will kill entry-level jobs and economic growth nebraska 44 13,554 04-30-2021, 02:05 AM
Last Post: DettoLalo
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,906 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 776 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,917 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,103 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  U.S. Capitol insurrection was a ‘hoax,’ Michigan Senate leader says in video random3 45 9,540 02-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: random3
  Biden push to raise minimum wage to $15 would kill 1.4 million jobs: CBO random3 6 1,626 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM
  Senate Passes Constitutional Ban On Legal Marijuana random3 0 534 02-09-2021, 06:57 PM
  House of Delegates, Senate panel vote to ban electronic 'skill' games Luza 0 617 02-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Luza