Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How different is Western Europe's saecular timeline?
(12-22-2016, 01:51 PM)FLBones Wrote: People live longer than people did 80 years ago. We have more Silents and Boomers holding power longer than the last Prophet and Artists before them did. The younger generation after the Boomers are pretty solid on things. The Boomers who are always fighting and can't get along. When the Millennials take over in the early 2020s and all the generations are fully in their roles, things will really change. Turchin also says that political instability will peak in the 2020s.

Boomers seem to always predict of worsening times coming but do nothing to help out, Xers just accept that things are bad and kind of go with the flow of things. Millennials know things are bad, but want to take things and make them better.

We are where we were back in the mid to late 1930s and the late 1850s.

The rest of us on here can see what's going on but if you choose to be ignorant , that's your problem.

Yes I think that's about right. The millennials I hope will be able and willing to make the changes needed to keep us going forward into the next saeculum as a functioning society able to progress. Too many older, longer-living Silents and Boomers are hanging on to power, and hanging on to the past. They are easy prey for Trump who wants to "make America great again" (i.e. keep it from progressing). Millennials will need to become true civics, however, which they have not yet done. A true civic generation will understand how civics works, and vote and stay active all the time, not just in general elections.

"Getting along" or not is harder to conceive correctly, concerning the Boomers and other generations. If millennials are going to make things better, they will have to take a stand against the reactionaries, who are tough opponents of change. And there will need to be "gray champion" blue Boomers who take a stand, not just "get along" with the reactionaries, and yet also have the vision to see where cooperation and constructive compromise are possible, beyond rigid ideologies, if the other generations can follow or work with them.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: How different is Western Europe's saecular timeline? - by Eric the Green - 12-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The US and Western Europe are not on the same timeline Remy Renault 23 10,348 03-13-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: David Horn