Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(03-25-2018, 03:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I am sympathetic with the modern blue, but perhaps take a longer term perspective.  The modern reds are heirs to monarchy, to slaveowners, to robber barons.  They see nothing wrong with advancing their own cause at the expense of others.  I see the ever increasing productivity and population as a solvable problem, but the gap between the haves and have nots must be looked at. You cannot be as blind to consequences as many reds seem to be.
I showed you a couple of heirs of the slave owners and robber barons who are associated with Blues. We spoke about an heir of an immigrant who arrived in Minnesota and established a homestead on a piece of land associated with America a long time ago. I assume his grandfather or great grandfather legally purchased the land like my great grandfather and grandfather purchased their land a long time ago. I'm sure Playwright fits in the group of heirs to robber barons and slave owners as well. You might be financially associated with them as well.

I'm not blind to consequences of the gap between the haves and have nots. I'm familiar with the French Revolution and the popular use of the guillotine to satisfy angry peasants. Anarchy ain't pretty. The gap among Reds isn't as large or viewed as being as important among Reds as it is among Blues. Red culture is actually pretty modest. You don't see a lot of bling, fancy automobiles, fancy houses, fancy clothes in Red culture. We are similar in that we're old school in our understanding and our acceptance of the need for harsh lessons to be taught and learned at times. We differ in our opinions of which side will be paying the price associated with harsh lessons and which side is going to come out on top so to speak.

Hint: If you are concerned about creating large income gaps, you shouldn't be promoting and taking in large sums of welfare recipients and promoting sanctuary cities and taking in large sums of illegal aliens with no jobs or homes and promoting taking poor refuges with no marketable talents and skills who have no jobs or homes and supporting them with taxes that working people are legally obligated to pay and morally obligated to accept in order to keep roof's over their families heads and schools for their kids to learn in. Do you have access to a jet like someone like Nancy P.? Do you have a home in a blue country like someone like Madonna or Playwright or a weasel attorney? You should love Trump, because Trump has given blues some extra years before crisis begins and the violence really starts.

Your point might be good about Red culture being modest; I'm sure it is if you're talking farmers and ranchers and small town shopkeepers and small industrial workers, etc. But the fact is, the Reds are by definition those who vote Republican. Therefore, they vote for the party that protects the interests of the wealthy, and only the wealthy. It is well known that most Red voters do not vote their interests, but their "valyas" (values). The Red leaders parade these cultural issues and dangle them in front of rural and suburban voters, and they fall for it hook line and sinker. And the wealthy are still predominantly Republican voters themselves, although that difference seems to be diminishing in very-recent elections as Republican nominees get ever dumber and just plain stupider, so that even many wealthy people (especially those living in wealthy cities) understand that sabotaging our nation with ridiculous economic-libertarian, militarist and superstitious policies and stupid, foolish, divisive leaders is not really good for their interests. But the wealthy still finance the Republican politicians far more than they do Democrats, and Republicans cater to the interests of these wealthy donors, especially the gun lobby.

We blues don't love Trump, who is certainly accelerating the arrival of the Crisis, not giving us extra time. But that is pretty much what we here all expected to happen, because we know this is a 4T. It's a 4T largely caused by Republican presidents of the past 40 years, conditioned with Reagan, brought on by Bush, and accelerated by Drump.

Income gaps have increased for the opposite reason to what you claim. I understand you are opposed to welfare and illegal immigrants; nothing could be clearer to us blues than that this is your concern. 

But it's the lack of government support for the poor and the workers, and lack of restraint on the rich and their accumulation of wealth, that has caused the income gap today. Welfare is a very small portion of the federal budget and taxes, although it's larger in many blue states like CA. Blues tend to go along with the Red idea that tax cuts help the economy; in fact, rather too much going along with it, probably. Most blues don't want high taxes on the middle class, as I pointed out. Just because Reds complain about taxes, doesn't mean at all that they are too high. Taxes just goes against Reaganomics, with which Reds have been totally brainwashed. But the tax burden on US workers is far less than those in other countries, and on top of that, we get far less for what we pay than we should, even at our lower level of payment--- all because the libertarian philosophy has been in charge of our country for 40 years.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Eric the Green - 03-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,184 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,733 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,904 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,393 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 776 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,932 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 717 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 752 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter