Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(10-09-2018, 01:51 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 11:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:47 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Win one election with a distinct minority, and you start thinking you can impose the past indefinitely?

The electoral college, the Senate giving small rural states out of proportion power, gerrymandering...  There were many promises made to originally bring the slave states into the United States.  Our constitution reeks of it.  The reds exploit it.  It won't last forever.

I still would like to see another constitutional convention.  I would strip the old slavery compromises out.  I would give the People a direct networked veto over the representative Congress with its support for elites.  I would enumerate rights, strip off the legislation from the Supreme Court bench, make the powers of Congress enumerated again, make the states sovereign again, and do a little more.

But we are not ready for it yet.  We are too disunited right now.  It is not yet time.
You're political views and values are more associated with those of the past than mine.

Maybe.  I do call myself a Whig.  I do identify with Enlightenment values.  I do credit the founding father's generation with looking for a reasonable constitution rather than power and wealth.  I do see that generations since have done much damage in setting greedy law, law that favors the already rich.  I have read a little of history.  I am concerned with legislation from the bench.

I see the modern reds as much more shortsighted, considering themselves and their tribe rather than wider concerns.  They cling to the past in a different way.
You identify with Enlightenment values but don't seem to hold them up in as high regard like me. What you refer to as Enlightenment values, I refer to as modern day libertarian values. Where would you be without me or them? Would you be able to speak openly about your personal view of the 2nd Amendment, your continued support of the 2nd Amendment and your educated understanding of the 2nd Amendment like you're able to do freely today without concerns of being viciously attacked, mocked and slandered by members of Eric's and Kiff's liberal groups. If you support the 2nd Amendment, you are now the enemy of every liberal group that's currently to the left of you.

You better be able identify with them and defend them because all your freedoms are attached to them and attached to the old historical document and its historical records  that clearly identifies the American arrow of progress that's associated which for some reason??? You claim to be interested editing, striking from the nations historical record and and essentially removing them as a historical reference and eliminating them from the futures knowledge relating to American heritage as a nation. I assume that you and other blues will be doing that for New America and the citizens of New America and the future New Americans who will be coming there to live after New America is formally established as a new nation of its own, separate from ours and formally recognized as an independent country by the UN and so forth. Well, that's fine with me if our leaders are able to negotiate and reach amicable terms. 

BTW, I don't view science as being able to accomplish much of anything significant on its own without economics being involved and playing a significant role these days. How much American capital is directly involved with the scientific study of global warming/ issues related to climate change and lots of other things these days? How many scientist receive paychecks or government grants or private donations and financial backing or a piece of the profits for whatever it is that they do or are currently doing, accomplishing or discovering for someone, something, some where for some reason or another? I assume you're not being paid for following certain scientific study and promoting its ideas and beliefs and promoting awareness of its findings and supporting politicians and political who seem to believe them and support their views so I doubt economics is involved with your views.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 10-09-2018, 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,184 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,734 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,157 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,904 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,400 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 776 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,932 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 717 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 753 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,099 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter