Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
(01-03-2019, 04:59 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: If I am a banker issuing credit cards, then I might not want people to spend their credit limit on something such as a military-style arsenal or upon weapons and ammunition that the bank can never collect upon should the user use those weapons and ammo in a criminal manner. One firearm is enough as a protection against a grizzly, and I know of liberals who have a firearm for that purpose. I see it reasonable for a credit card company to demand that one show a hunting license for the purpose of buying a hunting rifle. Unsecured credit cards are higher risk to a lender than are mortgage loans or auto loans, and as such mortgage and auto loans. If one has no coherent reason for buying a firearm, then why should one be able to get one on a credit card?

But I took economics in college (my major), and I have worked in a bank. I know a few  things that you don't. I will take the side of a responsible banker over someone who chooses to use credit for reckless spending and for deeds that verge on gambling on a large scale.
So you own a highly-successful restaurant in Indianapolis and want to establish something much like it in Fort Wayne that should be similarly successful. That is wonderful. Were I a banker I would encourage such. On the other side, you have no experience in the restaurant business and no experience in profit-and-loss and you want to start a restaurant from scratch? As a banker I would tell you to keep your day job as a warehouse worker.  
You're not a banker issuing credit credit or a banking person who started out at the bottom (an entry level banker/banking position) and gradually worked his way up to a high level banker position or banking position. No, you're a college graduate with a major in economics who didn't seem to be able to make it in banking beyond entry level for some reason or another. Yes, you're a college graduate who has a degree in economics. Yes, I'm only a business owner with 32 years of of HVAC experience and 26 years of actual business experience. I mean, my only major accomplishment is owning and operating an American business that topped out at a million dollars a year in revenues before the economy took a major dump and bunch of dumb college kids chose a half Marxist-half partisan blue crony who worked as a community organizer (legal advisor/lawyer) for left wing organizations/interest groups that are funded by American tax dollars and private or corporate donations because he was cooler candidate, he was the younger candidate, he was the livelier candidate, he looked more professional and seemed to be very well educated, he was black, he was the Democratic candidate and so forth for our president.

As far as credit cards, the credit company's issue them to us (financially qualified consumers/people) for their our own personal use for their own personal reason which they decide among themselves as individuals in exchange for a monetary percentage or fees associated with our usage and the amount of debt owed on our accounts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure - by Classic-Xer - 01-05-2019, 02:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House passes bill to expand background checks for gun sales HealthyDebate 49 7,183 11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Hawaii bill would allow gun seizure after hospitalization nebraska 23 11,729 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Young Americans have rapidly turned against gun control, poll finds Einzige 5 2,156 04-30-2021, 08:09 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,902 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
  Kyrsten Synema (D - Az) brings a cake into the Senate to downvote min. wage hike Einzige 104 27,386 04-22-2021, 03:21 AM
  Hawaii Senate approves nation’s highest income tax rate HealthyDebate 0 776 03-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: HealthyDebate
  House of Delegates Passes Sweeping Gun-Control Bill stillretired 6 1,931 03-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Kate1999
  Biden faces bipartisan backlash over Syria bombing Kate1999 0 716 03-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Kate1999
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 752 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Senate passes bill to ban foreigner home purchases newvoter 2 1,098 02-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Last Post: newvoter