Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political compass for the21st century
(02-18-2019, 01:40 PM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 07:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 11:24 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Self-actualization... what are the actual results of this? Many people even neglected their own families for this during the "Awakening", but was that worth it? I don't think so.

It definitely was worth it, while what is not worth it, is the forgetting, ignoring and condemning of it. [...] The shallowness and divisiveness of our culture today, it's capture by market values and religious-right mania, is due to the fact that self-actualization, human potential and counter-culture did not reach far enough, and was not seen as it really was and was suppressed or resented.

You're talking like a charlatan. "My snake oil never did anything bad, and if people took it and died, it's because they didn't take enough of it!" Fuck you. Try living on your empty promises and spiritual shit alone. I'll take your money meanwhile, since you pretend you don't need it.

You are being impolite. My point of view is a valid one, even if you disagree. The counter culture and self-actualization were the best things ever to happen to this country, bar none. It is sacred to me. It's not snake oil at all. Market values are the worst curse on America. Neo-liberalism is slavery.

It doesn't mean we have to all be hippies all the time and live without money, silly boy. There are a range of values in life. I save my money and use it as needed, and I contribute to charity as I want. And the human potential movement is not drugs. People have the choice of what path they want to follow to spiritual liberation, or to stay a slave. That's their choice. The counter-culture did not force any drugs on anybody, or any prescription of what lifestyle to follow. Drugs were not my path, nor starvation. I was a businessman for many years. If you want to be imprisoned in materialism, that is your choice.

Tradishnul famla valyas? They are not for everyone. Take your religious right nostrum and shove it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political compass for the21st century - by Eric the Green - 02-18-2019, 03:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Political Opinions JasonBlack 181 33,642 12-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  How Birth Year Influences Political Views Dan '82 12 15,033 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Comprehensive Political Cycle Theory jleagans 15 10,275 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Where to post political topics Webmaster 0 10,519 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Webmaster