Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political compass for the21st century
(11-03-2019, 12:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: One thing I like to remind you guys of, however. There's very little land in our solar system. Mars is much smaller and could not accommodate the current Earth population, and that's about all there is. If your ambition is to go further, then we will have to break the light barrier. And if we could ever do that, the likelihood is that other ETs have already done that and visited us, as many observers say (but the idea is not admitted in mainstream science because it says the light barrier can't be broken). More than likely, any ability to break the light barrier which we achieve will have been reversed engineered from the ETs.

I see that I reminded you of this on a thread in The Future forum. You conveniently replied with the mainstream science view that the ETs have not visited us. That implies that you also have to discard that mainstream science view too, along with the mainstream science view that the light barrier cannot be broken.

You can create habitats inside asteroids. Such an environment wouldn't allow for an outdoorsy lifestyle, which is kind of sad, but might be overcome if you have lighting bright enough to power photosynthesis inside an asteroid. Possibly the energy will come from nuclear fusion, or even from something more speculative like dark matter/energy.

Once we have this kind of habitat engineering, you don't need FTL to travel to other star systems. Whole communities can travel inside an asteroid living there for generations, until they find a suitable Earth-like planet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political compass for the21st century - by Bill the Piper - 11-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Political Opinions JasonBlack 181 33,601 12-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  How Birth Year Influences Political Views Dan '82 12 15,033 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Comprehensive Political Cycle Theory jleagans 15 10,275 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Where to post political topics Webmaster 0 10,519 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Webmaster