Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political compass for the21st century
(11-09-2019, 06:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: That's good. Maybe I do not have you pegged. It does seem your reliance on Enlightenment-era rationality and space/AI tech is pretty strong though.

Enlightenment rationality yes, but I don't like their praise of selfishness.

I'd also say I'm more into biotech than AI.

But I'd also prefer to live in a society with less tech but correct attitudes, than one with super advanced tech but based on evil philosophy like Libertarianism or Neoreaction.

Quote:I wonder though, and I may be wrong, but is inserting a nationalist sector a result of the temporary overemphasis today on the nationalism and America First promoted by an idiot demagogue who has taken over the big house, and whose silly and destructive ideas should never be given a moment's consideration?

Without a nationalist sector, how do you conceptualize Middle Eastern politics? The Sauds and Al-Qaeda is theocratic and folks like Saddam and Assad are nationalists. So it's not just Trump.

Quote:the Galactic Federation will intercept our generations-long voyages and turn us back because we are not yet qualified to live in peace with our fellows and our greater self

Why didn't your omnipotent galactic cops intervene when Hitler was gassing Jews?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political compass for the21st century - by Bill the Piper - 11-10-2019, 06:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial Political Opinions JasonBlack 181 33,672 12-20-2022, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  How Birth Year Influences Political Views Dan '82 12 15,033 10-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Comprehensive Political Cycle Theory jleagans 15 10,275 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Marypoza
  Where to post political topics Webmaster 0 10,520 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Webmaster